Keto diet with success?

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
KETO! Seems that is all you hear lately whether you are looking into it or not. So I am looking into it, along with the woman. I read a literal ton of articles on the diet, and it seems most of the reading is in a positive light, but of course there is a negative side. I guess I'm leaning towards a short duration of the 75% fat, 20% protein, 5% carb.
That much fat sounds insane, but some pretty solid lab work backs up the process by which it works. My real question is, Have you or anyone you know personally used this diet with success? Cutting carbs that low is the major drawback for me that I'm struggling with.

maxmuscle1

Elite
Reaction score
Keto is a diet and rarely, but does become a lifestyle for a very few. I cannot grow on it like I do with my normal diet. It is successful for fat loss and weightloss. In fact the king of KETO is Dr. Clarence Bass! He did it for the longest of anyone and is the master of competing and being Shredded. I cannot make Keto my lifestyle but if I was an endomorph, I would!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good luck dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Keto is no miracle diet, but it does help a lot with controlling how many calories you eat for some people.
Ive lost a ton of weight while slowly gaining strength in the past with “the anabolic diet” which is kind of a midpoint between keto and carnivore.
Its not something I would recommend long term though.

daddyboul

Reaction score
Keto dieting is real simple, less carbs=less insulin secretion. You cant anabolize adipose tissue or muscular tissue without insulin, you may say wow I'm eating 3000 kcals a day, but your body can't actually utilize the calories because its lacking hormones needed to utilize these macromolecules. Keto dieting is a nice way to really starve your body while filling up your stomach so you cant actually see you are starving it.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just came off of keto and started slow carb. I've run it in the past with success.

From what I've seen females are generally less tolerant of the keto diet itself, it hit my wife like a ton of bricks, which yes Jin, is where the diet rules were inscribed via chisel and hammer.

Reactions: Jin

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Same with mine. It did some really weird things with her hormones, which resulted in a lot of things that I am sure she’d prefer I didn’t share.
Yep, I kept it PG for the kiddos on the site.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Were the articles written on stone tablets like the 10 commandments?
I'm pretty sure that was an old man jab, I need to process it further for a reply.

Reactions: Jin

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
My workout partner does keto - but she has thyroid problems and it apparently helps with that. I ran it for about 3 months last fall and saw fairly decent results. Soon as I ate about 50g of carbs I looked much more "full" and forgot about the glory of eating bread and tortillas. I'll probably never run it again - I never felt all that great while running it as opposed to just a standard cut with the normal variation of macros. Strength plummeted too.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Keto for me is less than 50 grams of carbs at a single meal. Just nope to keto. I like my big plate of soft chewy carbs.