Have you changed your workouts as you've gotten older

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I spend less time in the gym, 40 minutes tops without doing cardio.....Dont talk to anyone, just hit the weights with no distractions...Get in get out.....I get more done than before when I would be in the gym for almost 2 hours talking to anyone and everyone.....

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
43 and I’m still going as heavy as I can but I also pay close attention to how certain body parts feel. Have to be careful with the shoulders mainly.

But I can foresee an eventual change, I can already tell I won’t be able to keep the extreme heavy lifting going on forever, it already hurts getting out of bed in the morning and if I sit for too long standing up is real fun lol.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
less weight, more reps would sum it all up

If anything hurts, irritates or i think will cause an issue i stop rather then just pushing threw it like it did 10/12 yrs back

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love you guys (no homo) ... but seriously some very solid advice and support ... thank you brothers ... working on my mindset .. mind body-connection and improving my overall commitment level.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I have gone away from heavy weight too. I'll push it a bit from time to time but now I focus on form and higher reps. Nagging old joints hinder me limiting my workout if I go heavy like I used to so hell with it. Slow and steady wins the race lol...

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I say Im going to right now but who knows? I guess Ive been really lucky. Been doing some pretty heavy lifting (benching especially) for over 20 years and never had a serious injury. Gonna train heavy and hard as I can until my first (and maybe only) powerlifting meet in may and then drop the weights a good bit. Saying that now anyway......

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not really there yet to have to lower it. But I'd say I'd raise the test up

New Threads