First Cycle, question, what to do when/If estrogen gets too high

Reaction score
So everyone i talk to or read about seems to have a different opinion on using an AI during the cycle. I've had people say only to do it if signs of high estrogen start showing and some say do it the entire cycle no matter what.

I chose to hold of on using an AI until i start to notice signs of high estrogen. Right now i'm currently taking 500mg of test E per week. I have clomid, nolva, and Anastrozole on deck. If/when i start to experience high estrogen what do i take and how long do i take it? I'm assuming i just take .5mg of Anastrozole EOD until the end of the cycle but wanted to see if that's the correct thing to do. I'm also seeing people say things like just take Nolva the entire cycle. Just trying to find the right answer.

Right now i just started week 4 and so far so good. Thanks for any help.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
So everyone i talk to or read about seems to have a different opinion on using an AI during the cycle. I've had people say only to do it if signs of high estrogen start showing and some say do it the entire cycle no matter what.

I chose to hold of on using an AI until i start to notice signs of high estrogen. Right now i'm currently taking 500mg of test E per week. I have clomid, nolva, and Anastrozole on deck. If/when i start to experience high estrogen what do i take and how long do i take it? I'm assuming i just take .5mg of Anastrozole EOD until the end of the cycle but wanted to see if that's the correct thing to do. I'm also seeing people say things like just take Nolva the entire cycle. Just trying to find the right answer.

Right now i just started week 4 and so far so good. Thanks for any help.

what are the signs of high e2? (Hint: it’s not just “itchy nipples” and it’s slightly different for each individual).

You plan is fine. You may not need an ai at all.

Reaction score
itchy nipples and limp dick (along with other things like acne, baldness, emotional) from what i read. I have a blood work appointment in a couple of weeks so that will let me know for sure where i'm at, just worried if it starts happening before then if i should immediately start the AI or go with Nolva or something

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Your estrogen can be sky high before you experience any of those physical symptoms.

First sign for me is losing morning wood.
Look for water retention (sock dents)
increased urination.
randon feeling of needing to cry.

Your symptoms wil present in the their own particular order.

Just wait until blood work. Post your results and we will help you from there.

daddyboul

Reaction score
Looking for acne or baldness is a nice way to make sure your test is real ;) no but really jins advice is the best you can listen to, bloodwork is always key.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
.5 adex EOD would be a lot for most people. My joints ache thinking of it

Oh, the joy of night sweats, hot flashes, and being a general a-hole with crashed estradiol. The tendon and joint pain is nothing to write home about either.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Just wait for for your blood work Bruv it’s only 2 weeks you have no signs at the minute. Also that way you will have a base of what your estrogen will be on 500mg test and you should have a better idea on ai dose for future cycles

itchy nipples and limp dick (along with other things like acne, baldness, emotional) from what i read. I have a blood work appointment in a couple of weeks so that will let me know for sure where i'm at, just worried if it starts happening before then if i should immediately start the AI or go with Nolva or something

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Just wait for for your blood work Bruv it’s only 2 weeks you have no signs at the minute. Also that way you will have a base of what your estrogen will be on 500mg test and you should have a better idea on ai dose for future cycles

This is great advice. Even if you get signs of high e2, I’d try and get your blood drawn before using an ai.

Then I’d wait a little bit then do the test again to figure out how much the AI corrected or overcorrected the situation. More money but you’ll have a clear before/after to dial dosage in with.

Some of us are outliers with AIs and the only way to gauge it is with blood work.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
My recommendation would be 0.5mg of Anastrozole once a week on 500 mg of Test. Run blood work at 4 weeks in and adjust up or down.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Even 2 weeks away from blood test snake when he already into his cycle and no sides??

My recommendation would be 0.5mg of Anastrozole once a week on 500 mg of Test. Run blood work at 4 weeks in and adjust up or down.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

Even 2 weeks away from blood test snake when he already into his cycle and no sides??

At this point it’s better to test without taking any ai as the e2 might still be fluctuating before he gets bloods pulled if her were to start adex now. Imo.

Generally I agree with Snake but I recommend .5 2x/wk with adex.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Personally, the first thing I’ll notice is sock dents, and I’ll throw in 0.5 Adex 2x/week to get it in check. But like the guys have already said above, wait for bloods at this point...introducing an AI at this point will just interfere with your ability to see where 500mg test puts your E levels

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Honestly even if my levels are high I do not address it unless I have symptoms or it’s affecting me My estrogen just came back at 100 but my test was 3000 in my expirience and I could be wrong it is very hard to keep your estrogen within range when your test gets that high without using a crazy amount of AI’s which on their own will cause nasty side effects. my estrogen always comes down on it’s own but I blast and cruise so you’ll need to address your estrogen accordingly during your PCT. But I have over treated my estrogen before and it created more issue than the high estrogen itself so just be careful and pay attention to your body

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

At this point it’s better to test without taking any ai as the e2 might still be fluctuating before he gets bloods pulled if her were to start adex now. Imo.

Generally I agree with Snake but I recommend .5 2x/wk with adex.

At this point, yeah blood work should be done. What I was saying and may not have been clear on is my recommendation is more for the start of a cycle. Either way, doing it now or starting your cycle without an AI, I personally feel you're chasing your tail. My guess is he needs one and 0.5 at the get-go is easy to adjust up or even cut out. If somethings out, it should be close enough to tweak.

Most guys who have been on more then a few times I bet can guess their AI needs close and only confirm with blood work.

New Threads