Ask Me Anything: Human Biology

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Due to the popularity of science-based threads I make, I decided to create this thread: Ask Me Anything: Human Biology.

Human Biology encompasses fields such as physiology, anatomy, kinesiology, evolution, anthropology, genetics, nutrition, ecology, epidemiology, influences of sociocultural life, psychology, and more. You may ask anything dealing with Human Biology.

I do not claim to be omniscient-ultimately, we will all learn a myriad of information together. Readers are advised to correct erroneous answers. Also, for questions I do not have answer for, readers are encouraged to speak up with an evidence-based, verified answer. Abstracts do not equate to fact; ensure due digilence if you attempt to aid in answering.

Answers are allowed to be disputed for the sake of factuality. You, the reader, may support answers with anecdotal evidence to entertain others, not to serve as a reinforcement of facts.

Remember, new research and "facts" continue to appear as we learn more about genetics and recieve better tools to study the human body. What may be fact today may be inaccurate tomorrow. Let's begin!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I bite:

Why the hell do we/I incur more injuries as we get older despite training with less poundage? I was taking to Seek about this just today. At 30 y.o. I never got injured, at 50 the wheels seem to come off the apple cart more often.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Starting with something fun: Lipolysis, or "losing/using" body fat (adipose tissue)! I'll do a mock question and answer.

How do we burn fat?
Using your white body fat (adipose tissue) is the state of lipolysis. Lipolysis was always believed to be controlled by an enzyme called "hormone sensitive lipase". However-around 2005, research discovered a new pathway: atrial natriuretic peptide! Now research is starting to show many more pathways are utilized for lipolysis, such as the aforementioned ANP, B-Type ANP, SIRT1 via FoxO1, and more.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I bite:

Why the hell do we/I incur more injuries as we get older despite training with less poundage? I was taking to Seek about this just today. At 30 y.o. I never got injured, at 50 the wheels seem to come off the apple cart more often.

Disclaimer: I forgot to add I'm requiring myself to give answers backed by evidence from more than 1-2 sources; this causes a delay in response time.

I will return with answer. It's very tempting to answer you without having evidence, solely using common sense as a source haha!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
What are your qualifications?

Thank you for clarifying that you are not omniscient. Are you often mistaken for God?

Do you have any mental health issues we should know about?

Last edited:

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Are dick pics encompassed within the realm of "human biology"?

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I bite:

I am stil searching for additional studies, but a recurring risk factor for injuries in older individuals is simply "overuse".

Flexibility, lifestyle choices (such as smoking), and neglecting adequate rest are the other risk factors/causes of the trend you have noticed.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Thank you for clarifying that you are not omniscient. Are you often mistaken for God?

I feel I should have added that the qualifications I have is the access to the same materials that your doctors, psychologists, rehabilitation trainer, et al used to become the qualified personnel they live as.

I assumed my statement of lacking omniscience would suffice. My apologies if you felt mislead.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
why doesn't my nut sac shrink or grow in unison with my testicles? i got this huge nut sac with tiny marbles in them.

It appears research on scrotal growth is too rare to find, or not done at all.

I assume, much like the rest of your body's growth, your scrotum reached its final size. Thus, unlike your testicles that shrink due to no longer needed for their function, your scrotum will remain as it is.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Do you have any mental health issues we should know about?

Forgot to answer the last question. No, I do not.

I simply love knowledge, and I want to share what I gained from putting obssessive hours into seeking facts of human biology.

I also want a chance to gain even more knowledge, and this thread is a great avenue for that.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How did you get your finger to grow back?

I desperately tried to find an answer for that, since I'm am adult and the finger was cut off below the nail bed. I believe I found one other person that accomplished that; but if I remember right, it was due to him being given a powdered extracellular matrix.

The only information I could find was our bodies have stem cells in various areas. Some children were documented to regrow finger tips due to native stem cells.

The only plausible answer I arrived to is that I somehow maintained stem cells there into adulthood.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Crying laughing at this comment and I don’t know why, really tickled me

why doesn't my nut sac shrink or grow in unison with my testicles? i got this huge nut sac with tiny marbles in them.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This thread will be about as educational as the one Elle made about her hair

Never saw that thread, but I truly wanted one thing:

To save people the work of finding sources of general and lifting/AAS related human biology.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
So far we had questions on cock pics, over large nut sacks and growing fingers back.

Never saw that thread, but I truly wanted one thing:

To save people the work of finding sources of general and lifting/AAS related human biology.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
If someone were to lose their testicles. Say, in some sort of strange, rich businessman, dinner fetish situation. (It's a japanese thing. The details aren't important)

Can that person grow their testicles back if they take enough deca durabolin?

Reactions: Jin

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
If someone looses their nuts. If they inject test can they still get hard and wanna screw?

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If someone were to lose their testicles. Say, in some sort of strange, rich businessman, dinner fetish situation. (It's a japanese thing. The details aren't important)

Can that person grow their testicles back if they take enough deca durabolin?

Okay, "A" for effort lol

I still hope everyone wants work-free, researched knowledge; it's a great benefit! Being as optimistic as I can..

New Threads