Preworkout Supp Dangers

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
A guy I know from the gym took "kraken" preworkout the other day. He was doing lat pulldowns and hit the deck.

They had to call an ambulance and he was rushed to ER. Blood pressure was through the roof and heart was out of rhythm.

Hes ok but pretty scary. I dont mess with uppers of any kind. Only did coke once and hated it. Anyway, be careful guys and girls.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
A guy I know from the gym took "kraken" preworkout the other day. He was doing lat pulldowns and hit the deck.

They had to call an ambulance and he was rushed to ER. Blood pressure was through the roof and heart was out of rhythm.

Hes ok but pretty scary. I dont mess with uppers of any kind. Only did coke once and hated it. Anyway, be careful guys and girls.

You can make a strong argument that pre workout formulas are more dangerous than steroids.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just checked out the label... I feel like there's something else going on here because that's a really mild preworkout by most standards unless he was dosing heavy. I just took a quick glance and it only has 125mg caffeine in it. most of the ingredients are just vasodilators which would actually help with high blood pressure rather than cause it.

That being said, Jin is correct. A strong argument could be made.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah some of them I’m sure can be shady, but I would also think something else at play as well. Took way too much or took something else with it or he has some underlying medical issue that didn’t care for it.
Ive stayed away from the pre workout supps for a while now and just do EC as a pre.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that the Ultimate Orange OG formula from the 90s would send me into cardiac arrest if I were to take it today. It messed with me something fierce when I was in my 20s and I hate to see what it would do as I am starting to close in on 50...

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
When all that stuff had ephedra in it I was on like 3 diff supps that had it, shit had me twitching, oh to be young and stupid again lol

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I just checked out the label... I feel like there's something else going on here because that's a really mild preworkout by most standards unless he was dosing heavy. I just took a quick glance and it only has 125mg caffeine in it. most of the ingredients are just vasodilators which would actually help with high blood pressure rather than cause it.

That being said, Jin is correct. A strong argument could be made.

Caffeine isn’t the culprit.

It’s likely the “proprietary blends”.

I’ve had 800mg caffeine pre workout. Doesn’t crack me out like some powdered formulas.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I was thinking proprietary blend as well. Most seem to mask shit in them under that. I've tried some with no issues and some that made me itch like s crackhead. I use crystal light, a banana and a poptart as me pre workout now days.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
GNC used to sell some kind of fat burner pills in the late 90s. They were so powerful that we took them a few times to party with and they would keep you up for 24 hrs straight. Dont know what they were. We just called em "red pills". I hated em

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
GNC used to sell some kind of fat burner pills in the late 90s. They were so powerful that we took them a few times to party with and they would keep you up for 24 hrs straight. Dont know what they were. We just called em "red pills". I hated em

STACKER! And STACKER 2! Hell yeah. If they kept you up a full 24hrs then you didn’t drink enough!!!!

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
STACKER! And STACKER 2! Hell yeah. If they kept you up a full 24hrs then you didn’t drink enough!!!!

We would see the dawn at the very least. Lol. Worst hangovers ever....

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
I used to take ripped fuel like they were skittles.
If I did that now i'd definitely be in the ER.

I take vasodilator pre workout every day at least once sometimes twice, but its non stim. I dont do well with caffeine plus constricting my arteries and vessels are the opposite of what I want.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I used to take ripped fuel like they were skittles.
If I did that now i'd definitely be in the ER.

I take vasodilator pre workout every day at least once sometimes twice, but its non stim. I dont do well with caffeine plus constricting my arteries and vessels are the opposite of what I want.

What do you take?

Reaction score
Today’s pwo’s are garbage. The shit back in the day was the good stuff. Almost literally meth. I miss that shit lol

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Caffeine isn’t the culprit.

It’s likely the “proprietary blends”.

I’ve had 800mg caffeine pre workout. Doesn’t crack me out like some powdered formulas.

I was thinking proprietary blend as well. Most seem to mask shit in them under that. I've tried some with no issues and some that made me itch like s crackhead. I use crystal light, a banana and a poptart as me pre workout now days.

Kraken has no proprietary blend. It's one of the only pre workout supps that doesn't.

Once again, not arguing against the dangers, I just think something else is going on.

Reactions: Jin

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score

The itching / tingling is most likely from beta alanine

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Been drinking Celsius bought it the other day to try it has 200mg caffeine some green tea and few b vitamins I just like to break up the black coffee routine once in awhile

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Kraken has no proprietary blend. It's one of the only pre workout supps that doesn't.

Once again, not arguing against the dangers, I just think something else is going on.

I thought he said kraken but it mightve been another brand. I dont take any of it so I dont know much about it.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yeah def not the caffeine. i take them on occasion, not often...they make me itch so darn bad