Thoughts about a beginner taking gear

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been working out for 6 months now and i gained around 15 pounds of lean mass. I am 165 pounds at 10 percent body fat. I know I have made great progress but I am still not happy with my results. Is it stupid to hop on gear this early? Like if I did I would take very low doses of Testosterone and maybe increase the doses per cycle. I just don't like being called small. I want to stand out ALOT, not just a little bit, but ALOT. I look in the mirror and am not satisfied and I wont be satisfied until I reach my goal. I think its too early to hop on gear but i really dont care anymore.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
6 months is nothing ...you’re still getting newbie gains...also don’t take gear until you know exactly how to use it...eat some food and lift heavy as fuuk...do that for a couple years and when you do take gear you will be ready..that’s my advice

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Congrats. 15 pounds of lean mass in half a year is tremendous!

Keep it up.

Eat until you want to puke and then eat some more. Do this 5x a day. For 2-3 years while hitting the iron hard. Then take steroids.

Don’t be stupid.

If you want to stand out then move to Asia like I did. You’ll be famous.

How old are you?

welcome.

Reaction score

Keep it up.

Eat until you want to puke and then eat some more. Do this 5x a day. For 2-3 years while hitting the iron hard. Then take steroids.

Don’t be stupid.

How old are you?

welcome.

lets just say im still a teen

Reaction score

Keep it up.

Don’t be stupid.

How old are you?

welcome.

yea thats what i was thinking as well. I should have a great foundation after 2-3 years.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
lets just say im still a teen

Then there are other reasons not to take aas. Don’t fukk with your hormones until you are fully developed. 24-25.
yea thats what i was thinking as well. I should have a great foundation after 2-3 years.

Too young still.

If you stick around this board for the next two years and listen to me and the other guys you’ll get to 200 no problem. We are happy to help.

Also, I can tell you aren’t eating enough because your body fat is so low. You do t need to get pudgy but you aren’t gaining the most weight you could if you are staying around 10%.

I know a thing or two about gaining weight. I’m close to 300lbs and most of that is muscle.

of course I use steroids but I’ve been 250+ natty.

Reaction score
Then there are other reasons not to take aas. Don’t fukk with your hormones until you are fully developed. 24-25.

Too young still.

If you stick around this board for the next two years and listen to me and the other guys you’ll get to 200 no problem. We are happy to help.

Also, I can tell you aren’t eating enough because your body fat is so low. You do t need to get pudgy but you aren’t gaining the most weight you could if you are staying around 10%.

I know a thing or two about gaining weight. I’m close to 300lbs and most of that is muscle.

of course I use steroids but I’ve been 250+ natty.

okay thanks man. so what 5-6 meals a day?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
okay thanks man. so what 5-6 meals a day?

google TDEE calculator. Use the damned ripped link.

find out out how many calories you need to eat a day. Doesn’t matter how many meals really. It’s just sometimes hard to eat so much in only 3 meals.

Choose your goal weight of 200 lbs by two years from now. It should tell you how much you need to eat every day to get there.

Diet is the single most important aspect of gaining (or losing) weight.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
google TDEE calculator. Use the damned ripped link.

find out out how many calories you need to eat a day. Doesn’t matter how many meals really. It’s just sometimes hard to eat so much in only 3 meals.

Choose your goal weight of 200 lbs by two years from now. It should tell you how much you need to eat every day to get there.

Diet is the single most important aspect of gaining (or losing) weight.

I’d put a ceiling in your BF% as a failsafe. I.e do everything Jin said but if you get above 20% (or whatever higher number you pick) then take a minute to get your body in check before resuming.

My guess is you’ll never come close to hitting it but you want to make sure you don’t gain it 100% in fat. At your age and metabolism I can’t imagine it being a real concern.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Still a teen?? Wouldn't touch gear for years yet. I pinned my first shot of gear 2 years ago (age 50), after 38 years of straight training, so I know I think differently than many.
I read stuff like this and shake my head, but I know times are different.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
OP, just as the Bros said, yer still in yer peak natty growth window and yer body should want to get bigger just by looking at a few steaks and 45 lb plates. No need to alter yer hormones now or for the near-term future. Save that for once ye build that natty foundation which will com easier right now for ye than at any other point in yer life if ye treat the diet and training seriously. The gear will wait.

maxmuscle1

Elite
Reaction score
Hang out with guys you want to look like at the gym. They can help you learn what they know about training

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
What you probably dont understand is that your body is producing testosterone at levels that we are chasing with drugs. The other thing that nobody has mentioned is that what often occurs with running steroids is that your body may not fully recover. When you shut down your own testosterone by adding an exogenous form of this stuff you might have lower natural levels after the cycle. So it will be harder to build or keep muscle after the cycle and harder to keep fat off.

Lift heavy and hard as **** right now and EAT, EAT, EAT! You should not look forward to meals and feeding yourself should be a job you hate. That's how you grow man.

Reactions: Jin

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind none of us are satisfied. Most have been in the gym for years/decades.... you wont magically hit your goal & be satisfied.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
AAS: Bad idea if you're still that young.

Your gains: WOW! Dude if you got that out of 6 months, you're doing a lot right. There are guys here that wish they could get in 6 years what you did in 6 months.

Being small: Trust me, 1/2 the people here that have been at it for a long time have been called small; the other half have been called overweight. It's all fixable with time and effort.

Grego

Reaction score
Listen to the brothers. If you learn how to eat right and lift right, which it sounds like you already have a good handle on and get rest. Your body will make all the test you will need.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Its still too early in your situation. 6 months in the gym? You still have a lot of size that you can put on without having to use AAS. Once you start, you will never be satisfied with your natural size. At least that's the case for most.

Reaction score
lol keep training and eating and see where you can go natural for a couple years at least. cmon.

New Threads