I'm fat but nothing I do seems to work

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Intermitting fasting- dont do it.
Water fasts- dont do that either. Also. Get rid of coconut oil frying your protein. You have to do as pillar stated and find your tdee, eat 500 calories less than that and exercise as much as possible. Weight will fall. The basic little things like the coconut oil is not good for losing weight. All the fad diet fasting is even worse. You have to fuel the machine but with enough to keep it going while dropping weight.

And stop using the mirror instead of the scale to know whether or not you’re losing weight. Do you want to end up like Karen Carpenter?!

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
And stop using the mirror instead of the scale to know whether or not you’re losing weight. Do you want to end up like Karen Carpenter?!

She still saw a fat girl in the mirror at her skinniest...

db628bdb6e318a659bb14b4433eb5d8f.jpg

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I chose the option which read "Heavy Exercise (6-7 days a week)" because I do work out every day.
Now I've chosen one level lower ("Moderate Exercise (3-5 days a week)").
It says I should consume 2899 calories per day.
I've used the site tdeecalculator.net.

2800 sounds a bit closer to reality. Toolsteel used the word slight and he is correct. Making small measurable changes is how you will really learn where you need to be.

Keep making the adjustments and when the scale starts to move you are good.

Then as the scale slows down you will need to cut some more. Little bit at a time. Aim for no more than 2 pounds per week.

Reaction score
Literally don’t eat anything if it can’t be tracked on an app. People seem to lie to themselves about what they consume and guestimate calories incorrectly.

Reaction score
Sorry I forgot the stats.
17 years old
85 Kilograms
176 centimeters height
I'll drop the coconut oil and go for leaner meats.
Although, I've got 3226 calories in the tdee calculator and, just to be clear, I think my meal is much less calories than that. Doesn't that mean I should have been significantly losing weight?
Another thing is that I have a pretty busy schedule right now, and not eating breakfast is really saving me time. Is there a way I can keep not eating breakfast?
Sorry for any stupid questions, I'm a complete beginner.
Don’t think, know. What I mean by that is you need to track every bit of food/drink that goes in your mouth. All of it. Download MyFitnessPal and use it. Be exact. 3200 is too many calories. I’m 255 and I eat 35-3700 calories. Cut down to about 2500 and run that for a month. Do cardio. Also eat plenty of protein. And be patient.

Reactions: Jin

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do not discount the importance of mindset ... never say things like I'm fat and nothing I do works ...

You are very lucky ... never in human history has more been known about weight loss and body transformation ...

POB is correct of course ... he said basically eat less and exercise more ... this is all you must really do ... but you must be consistent ... never rely on hype or bs fads ... decide (mindset) that you see yourself in the near future as a young man fit and strong ... and then do the things today to assure that you transition into that person and achieve that goal...!

ShiftieGears

Lady Member
Reaction score
portions may be too large. you can even have things like a kit kat every now and then so long as its not a king size and watch for drinking the calories. i used to be like you now latley i find i can eat almost whatever i want within reason and still slim down if im also lifting. if i get fast food, i just get a protein and a vegetable for a side rather than a starch and if the protein is fried i just pick most the breadding off. chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes is something i do no more than once a week. i even eat at mcdonalds but its just a plain hamburger or 2 and unsweet tea. avoid sauces. fish is good source of iodine for thyroid function. I dont know what it is about diet soda either but when im drinking that like a habit it slows down weight loss. also, walking 6 miles a day, if you do that every day your body is used to it and doesn't recognize it as exercise. if thats going to be your cardio vary the pace so your heart rate goes up and down.

ShiftieGears

Lady Member
Reaction score
If you like some help with what to do as far as toning and lifting with proper form, i really like this lady on youtube "buffmother". first time i did one of her butt workouts i was so sore the next day i fell out of bed trying to get in the bed.... whole routine wasnt more than 15 minutes. everybody has time for that.

Reaction score
Believe it or not jumping jacks are a good cardio to use if you don’t have a gym and hate running try following one of those routines on YouTube I do them daily during my cut and they can really kick your ass if you push yourself

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think these guys that claim to not be able to lose weight are full of shit..Eat less get your body moving..I dropped almost 20 pounds of fat recently just by eating less and doing some cardio..Stop being a lazy fuk!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think these guys that claim to not be able to lose weight are full of shit..Eat less get your body moving..I dropped almost 20 pounds of fat recently just by eating less and doing some cardio..Stop being a lazy fuk!

A lot of lazy fuuucks these days...............................................SAD

Reaction score
1 hour on the stair master at a speed that keeps your heart rate above 120... it’s like a fast walk so not even that hard

noone has ever done this everyday and not lost weight. Ever

Reaction score
Also.... intermittent fasting is a great way to burn through your muscle. If you wanna start actually losing bodyfat one day, try eating more meals like 7 small meals a day then doing cardio, that’s proven way more effective than Intermittent fasting

Int fasting is the opposites of what u need to do to lose weight... 6-8 small meals per day + cardio and some weights and you’ll lose weight

i don’t believe u when u say you’ve tried everything, what you mean is “I’ve tried everything I’m willing to try”

Reaction score
Mannnn there’s so much wrong with what your doing I don’t think you could be worse off if you tried

”skipping breakfast saves me time”

it’s too bad no one has invented a way to wake yourself up 10min earlier eh? Like a machine that makes noise to wake you up? Maybe in the future a genius will invent this and you can eat breakfast once again... you were born in the wrong era that’s all, not your fault

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
1 hour on the stair master at a speed that keeps your heart rate above 120... it’s like a fast walk so not even that hard

noone has ever done this everyday and not lost weight. Ever

Sure they have, walk into any commercial gym and you'll see some. But...they also eat too much.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
Also.... intermittent fasting is a great way to burn through your muscle. If you wanna start actually losing bodyfat one day, try eating more meals like 7 small meals a day then doing cardio, that’s proven way more effective than Intermittent fasting

Int fasting is the opposites of what u need to do to lose weight... 6-8 small meals per day + cardio and some weights and you’ll lose weight

i don’t believe u when u say you’ve tried everything, what you mean is “I’ve tried everything I’m willing to try”

What?!

Yea man, definitely dont want to fast. End up never losing fat and all your muscle will evaporate like Dr Jim Stoppani...

Jim-Stoppani.02.jpg

I can name athlete after athlete, Bodybuilding, NFL, MMA, etc that use IF. Saying he wont get the results hes after is completely bullshit.

Our body was not made to digest food 24/7.

Is IF best for packing on the absolute most amount of muscle? No. Especially when drugs are involved. But thats not what the op is after.

Will IF hinder muscle gain and stop fat loss? Also No.

Humans have been IF for over 2000 years. Call it the OG fad diet. But, definitely dont do IF if you want the body of a Roman Soldier.....

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol wth? I'm sure the OP is gonna read these most recent suggestions. Dude hasn't been on the board since he 1st posted this thread back in January but go ahead knock yourselves out.

Reaction score
I’d say definitely cut your calories. If that don’t work get blood test

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I know I am late for the party on this one, but I was just diagnosed with metabolic syndrome this past Monday based on blood work. Soon, I'll receive my prescription Anavar to help me combat it! This was the next "logical" step after T3 treatment and dieting didn't aid with my fat loss.

New Threads