I'm fat but nothing I do seems to work

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I know I am late for the party on this one, but I was just diagnosed with metabolic syndrome this past Monday based on blood work. Soon, I'll receive my prescription Anavar to help me combat it! This was the next "logical" step after T3 treatment and dieting didn't aid with my fat loss.

Clinic diagnosis?

Reaction score
Don't do those fancy ass crash diets. Be sensible, use your bodyweight and height to calculate your maintenance calories. Go on a caloric deficit while working out.

No, just intense ab exercises won't count. Walking 6km also depends on how fast you walk too. Your body doesn't understand metrics, it only understands intensity and time. Get a good workout plan, Nike training seems to have some good workouts and has worked for me.

Also yes maybe get your hormones checked.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
walking 6km Will burn calories no matter what pace you walk at

Don't do those fancy ass crash diets. Be sensible, use your bodyweight and height to calculate your maintenance calories. Go on a caloric deficit while working out.

No, just intense ab exercises won't count. Walking 6km also depends on how fast you walk too. Your body doesn't understand metrics, it only understands intensity and time. Get a good workout plan, Nike training seems to have some good workouts and has worked for me.

Also yes maybe get your hormones checked.

Dungeon Dweller

Reaction score
Do coke. You'll drop weight fast.
Cocaines a Helluva Drug.jpg

Track what you consume, track what you consume, track what you consume. You only have to really do this until you have things under control, but until then its like playing basketball without keeping score and at the end of the day trying to figure out who won.

Last edited:

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
Kudos for posting. I’ll let the guys more knowledgeable on diet comment, but it sounds like you’re in the right place to start your new journey !!

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
View attachment 12266

Track what you consume, track what you consume, track what you consume. You only have to really do this until you have things under control, but until then its like playing basketball without keeping score and at the end of the day trying to figure out who won.

want to be sure I understand. I should Track what I consume?

Reactions: Jin

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
want to be sure I understand. I should Track what I consume?

Back in the day, I NEVER tracked the drugs I consumed... If I did, I would have cried over the money that I spent to obtain said drugs.

To steal a quote from Bill Murray when asked why I used to work so many jobs in my younger years: "Drugs cost money!"

Reaction score
If your calories are consistent and the weight is not changing, then you have to SLIGHTLY lower your calories and/or increase activity level.
End of story.

Yeah basically this. It's calories in vs calories out. But as another poster said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a metabolic panel done. You could be short in something that could be hindering your progress.

New Threads