I'm fat but nothing I do seems to work

Reaction score
Hello. I'm posting here because I don't know what else to ****ing do.
I've been doing intermittent fasting for about 2 months now. My daily meal contained a meat (chicken breasts or ground beef) fried in coconut oil, two vegetables/fruits (usually an onion with the meat and an orange) and one lean grain (I don't know if that's the right term. I've been eating rice for a long time, but very recently I've replaced the rice with oats). I avoid sugar and carbs and milk (every time I consume one of these, I either fart a lot or get a shit ton of acne).
I've done about 5 water fasts before that. On average 3 days each. The longest was about 8 days, and the shortest about 1 day. I've felt heart palpitations and the usual stuff you feel when you water fast, but I didn't lose weight (maybe I did a little, but I looked the exact same, and that's the only thing I cared about).
I've been doing a series of quite intense (I think) ab exercises every single day, and I also lift (but now I've sprained my wrist so I won't be lifting for a while) and squat, but none of it shows because I'm fat (although I can kind of see some muscle through the fat).
I've been fat my entire life, and now I have the usual skinnyfat, pear shaped body. I don't think I'm skinnyfat because I do work out. I think I'm just very fat.
By the way, I walk about 6 kilometers every day, if that accounts for something.
What the **** do I do?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We need to know stats dear to try and offer advice! And welcome!:D

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
^^This^^

You have to know how many cals you are taking in, how much you "should" be taking in and go from there. Just saying you are eating good and avoiding sugars really don't mean anything.

PS ab work isn't going to make you lose weight. Its diet and cardio.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Intermitting fasting- dont do it.
Water fasts- dont do that either. Also. Get rid of coconut oil frying your protein. You have to do as pillar stated and find your tdee, eat 500 calories less than that and exercise as much as possible. Weight will fall. The basic little things like the coconut oil is not good for losing weight. All the fad diet fasting is even worse. You have to fuel the machine but with enough to keep it going while dropping weight.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
I stopped reading at coconut oil.

Drop the fads. Use science. Results will follow.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
You should be on naked and afraid. These guys lose like 50lbs in 90 days. The key is to be stuck in the middle of nowhere, naked without food.

Or, just stop eating for a few months at home.

This is a joke but it will also work.

Reaction score
Sorry I forgot the stats.
17 years old
85 Kilograms
176 centimeters height
I'll drop the coconut oil and go for leaner meats.
Although, I've got 3226 calories in the tdee calculator and, just to be clear, I think my meal is much less calories than that. Doesn't that mean I should have been significantly losing weight?
Another thing is that I have a pretty busy schedule right now, and not eating breakfast is really saving me time. Is there a way I can keep not eating breakfast?
Sorry for any stupid questions, I'm a complete beginner.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry I forgot the stats.
17 years old
85 Kilograms
176 centimeters height
I'll drop the coconut oil and go for leaner meats.
Although, I've got 3226 calories in the tdee calculator and, just to be clear, I think my meal is much less calories than that. Doesn't that mean I should have been significantly losing weight?
Another thing is that I have a pretty busy schedule right now, and not eating breakfast is really saving me time. Is there a way I can keep not eating breakfast?
Sorry for any stupid questions, I'm a complete beginner.

You have way overestimated your energy expenditure. Unless you are like in the army or running a marathon daily 3200 cals for a little guy like you is way too much. Try again and be honest about your activity levels.

Reaction score
You have way overestimated your energy expenditure. Unless you are like in the army or running a marathon daily 3200 cals for a little guy like you is way too much. Try again and be honest about your activity levels.
I chose the option which read "Heavy Exercise (6-7 days a week)" because I do work out every day.
Now I've chosen one level lower ("Moderate Exercise (3-5 days a week)").
It says I should consume 2899 calories per day.
I've used the site tdeecalculator.net.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
If your calories are consistent and the weight is not changing, then you have to SLIGHTLY lower your calories and/or increase activity level.
End of story.

New Threads