Breakfast ideas

Reaction score
I am shit at eating breakfast. I know it will help bring my total calories up if I do but my morning routine is to get up make coffee and head to work. I usually way about 3 hours after I wake up and it's never that much of a meal since I'm at work on 10 min break. Aside from the waffles, peanut butter and syrup ( my bulk breakfast idea) what else would be some good quick recommendations for eating well in the morning.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I am shit at eating breakfast. I know it will help bring my total calories up if I do but my morning routine is to get up make coffee and head to work. I usually way about 3 hours after I wake up and it's never that much of a meal since I'm at work on 10 min break. Aside from the waffles, peanut butter and syrup ( my bulk breakfast idea) what else would be some good quick recommendations for eating well in the morning.

Nothing wrong with a shake. Especially if it’s shake vs no meal at all.

Whole milk, whey, Oats, PB

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a shake. Especially if it’s shake vs no meal at all.

Whole milk, whey, Oats, PB

Ya I meant to say this but my stomach acts like a bitch in the morning and a shake makes me just feel sick sometimes. I guess I did good today with eating oatmeal. I think I just need to make an effort to at least get something and get my gut used to eating early and improve from there.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I posted this before but here it is again.

8x8 baking pan

3 cups frozen hashbrowns thawed
Put it in the pan. Add meat chopped up (ham, steak, ground beef, groundTurkey, hell even shrimp)

Little bit of shredded cheese on top

Pour about half a dozen whipped up eggs over this mess

350 for 1 hour

Keep un freezer or fridge. You can put it in your food prep containers. Just reheat in microwave.

Food pep for breakfast like you food prep for other meals.

Or, oatmeal and scrambled eggs takes 15 minutes to make

Reaction score
I posted this before but here it is again.

8x8 baking pan

3 cups frozen hashbrowns thawed
Put it in the pan. Add meat chopped up (ham, steak, ground beef, groundTurkey, hell even shrimp)

Little bit of shredded cheese on top

Pour about half a dozen whipped up eggs over this mess

350 for 1 hour

Keep un freezer or fridge. You can put it in your food prep containers. Just reheat in microwave.

Food pep for breakfast like you food prep for other meals.

Or, oatmeal and scrambled eggs takes 15 minutes to make

Sounds awesome. It taste pretty good reheated? I'm always weary about eggs being to dry when microwaved

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve been doing oats, protein powder and almond butter..in a bowl not a shake..takes only a few minutes and you got carb, protein and fat...good to go! And tasty ..just put enough water so it doesn’t get thick and gross lol

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
X2 with Bricks on the oatmeal and eggs, a staple of mine damn near everyday. You can make so many options of oatmeal w/added stuff, or the eggs for that matter.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Timely thread.
I just got an instapot. A recipe I have my eye on is like Bricks posted for the instapot, I'm going to try that.

If your stomach is jacked when you get up try going into this slowly.
Have a glass of water, which everyone should do anyway.

When do you train, is it morning or no, because you said you don't eat for 3 hours. Spongy will tell you not to do that and you should eat before you train.
Either way after drinking some water see if your stomach settles down then have a protein shake, like said it's much better than nothing. Have a banana with it, or Oatmeal if possible.

Reaction score
Timely thread.
I just got an instapot. A recipe I have my eye on is like Bricks posted for the instapot, I'm going to try that.

If your stomach is jacked when you get up try going into this slowly.
Have a glass of water, which everyone should do anyway.

When do you train, is it morning or no, because you said you don't eat for 3 hours. Spongy will tell you not to do that and you should eat before you train.
Either way after drinking some water see if your stomach settles down then have a protein shake, like said it's much better than nothing. Have a banana with it, or Oatmeal if possible.

My shift is gonna be changing from first to second which will help a lot but typically I workout around 4-6 when I'm off. I'm gonna start trying the protein shake since I know it's tough for me to get anything in.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Eggs
omlettes
steak
chicken
avocado
turkey
Cheese

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you meal prep fast is easy. I cook a bunch of steak or sausage for a few days. I’ll have steak & eggs or a sausage & egg sammich. It’s quick & easy.

Grego

Reaction score
As said, a shake is better than nothing. Maybe experiment with different types of protein to see how your gut tolerates that. I take oats, whey and powdered peanut protein and have that about 9-10. There is talk that eating carbs later in the morning will be more likely to utilize them opposed to storing them. I’m guessing if you have a half cup of oats with 40 grams of protein you won’t have you worry about how fast you digest the carbs

New Threads