Groups to work 3-4 days a week

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
What does everyone suggest as far as body parts to work frequently?

example is I’m doing chest supported rows 4x a week per POB instructions to help with bench and obviously it will build up my back too.

simplesteve

Elite
Reaction score
I do Calves and Forearms about 4-5 days a week, and Abs about 3x a week from what I've been told them are some exercises that can basically be done every day.

Reaction score
I do triceps extension before i leave the gym just to get ride of that last bit of NuT.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I work my arms every day that I am in the gym. Usually anywhere from 4-6 sets on bis and tris if I am focusing on another bodypart to upwards of 12-15 on arm day.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Bench 3x a week, with chest supported rows, or pullups.

Squats 2-3x a week, with hamstring dominate exercises since they're my weaker point.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whatever body part is lagging, and I would NEVER do it 3x a week.

If you can train 3x a week, then you're lifting like a pussy.

Train like you have a gun to your head. Partials for unending tension, forced reps to tear every single fiber, stay constantly heavy like you will cause the death of a loved one (e.g. I picture a beam crushing my wife during bench press), lower weight as the last set or 2 to ensure 100% destruction to every single fiber that body part has.

Then eat with 100% dedication and you'll be stronger and bigger, fulling using all the potential your genetics allow.

Edit: i know this sounds insane, but its how I lift. I'm the one going up in reps and/or weight every week when science/people says it's not possible, especially for 7 months straight.

Last edited:

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
You all know me. I dont think that you can even train a muscle twice a week with real intensity.

BUT, training for strength and training for hypertrophy are two different animals.

But to answer the question, abs are the only thing I do often. Theyre pretty much 7 days a week now but only like 5-10 mins a day

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whatever body part is lagging, and I would NEVER do it 3x a week.

If you can train 3x a week, then you're lifting like a pussy.

Train like you have a gun to your head. Partials for unending tension, forced reps to tear every single fiber, stay constantly heavy like you will cause the death of a loved one (e.g. I picture a beam crushing my wife during bench press), lower weight as the last set or 2 to ensure 100% destruction to every single fiber that body part has.

Then eat with 100% dedication and you'll be stronger and bigger, fulling using all the potential your genetics allow.

Edit: i know this sounds insane, but its how I lift. I'm the one going up in reps and/or weight every week when science/people says it's not possible, especially for 7 months straight.

Beacause you lift for 3 months, quit for a year, rinse and repeat.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Let me clarify a bit. What movements would you do 3-4 days a week, not so much a full workout for a muscle group.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What coach?

pob was bench help only, not a full training program thing. Not that I would be against that at all lol

I see. Well...he saw a weak point in your lats when you were benching. So he told you to add that. That is what you do. But you can't attack 6 different weak points at once, or you will become to fatigued. So when you bring your lats up to where they need to be, you attack your next weak point in a similar way

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wrist curls?

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
yep.. hit the weak points first. I do the larger muscle groups more often than smaller like traps vs. tris..... hit them fukkers until failure.

p.s. don't forget wrist curls!:32 (18):

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Beacause you lift for 3 months, quit for a year, rinse and repeat.

The only time I didn't stay consistent was 2014-2015.

I trained 2005 to 2014. Then 2016 to now.

Now during harvest time last year I had some time loss. Try farming-you'll work 6am to 930-10pm SEVEN days a week for August-November.

You wouldn't say wrong things like that if you went through everything I did, but you didn't; I'll just ignore the libel.

Last edited:

DeltaWave

Reaction score
Rack pulls/T-bar rows. Would probably be pretty taxing so maybe one heavy day, two light-moderate.

I'm kinda puzzled by the question tbh. Are you asking which exercises can you do 3-4 times a week to assist in a specific lift?

DeltaWave

Reaction score

I can't see why science would disagree with this. It's extremely likely that anyone who trains on a regular basis would increase their reps/lifts weekly. And gym definitely requires a methodical and well-educated approach. It's not just about going in guns blazing and lifting heavy things.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I do calf raises of some variety as the first exercise on push and pull day. I end almost every workout with 100 crunches either weighted in the ab machine or using a cable pulldown. I'm interested to see some of the other responses.

I do wrist curls in the bathroom stall every workout too....:)