Rice and protein?

Reaction score
So I've been doing some food prep lately and my question is I do stuff like steak or chicken with a cup of white rice not to mention some veggies but anyways does anyone see a issue with putting a little kikkomon teriyaki sauce and a little soy sauce and some sriracha on the white rice ( for flavor). I'm not talking soaking it in these items just enough to break the monotony!

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Go for it man. Your body needs sodium too.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Except for the increased sodium, I don't see an issue with it. Hell, if you are eating that everyday, do whatever you need to do to scarf that shit down.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Only time I ever worry about sodium is during final prep lol

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
watch the teriyaki sauce though. Likely high in sugar so dont be dumb and you should be fine. I make a lot of my own dry rubs too.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
If you have an Asian grocery look for Japanese topping called FuriKake. Many flavors. Delicious.

Reaction score
But isnt white rice easier to digest? But I agree Brown is better for you! Stan Efferdeans vertical diet suggests white rice so that's the Why! But that particular plan gets pretty boring.

Reaction score
But isnt white rice easier to digest? But I agree Brown is better for you! Stan Efferdeans vertical diet suggests white rice so that's the Why! But that particular plan gets pretty boring.
white rice I lose my abs brown rice I dont. no idea why.
white rice HAS very few essential nutrients, which is why brown rice is usually considered much healthier than white. Bottom Line: Brown rice is a whole grain that contains the bran and germ. These provide fiber and several vitamins and minerals.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I eat very similar to this. add sauce to change it up. the teriyaki can have high sugar in some so watch for that but I still eat it once a week. I don't worry with sodium too much because im not getting on a stage anytime soon LOL. I do eat brown rice too. I cook onions, green onions and green bell pepper in the rice cooker with the brown rice, then add protein, sauce and BOOM! meal prep done...

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
just make sure your using a low sodium/sugar sauce.

Id mix wild rice in with your regular stuff too.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Brown rice may be slightly more better for you but not enough to make it an obvious choice over white rice. Brown rice may look healthier on paper but not so much when it comes to actual absorption.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
brown rice may be slightly more better for you but not enough to make it an obvious choice over white rice. Brown rice may look healthier on paper but not so much when it comes to actual absorption.

racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBubba

Reaction score
I have had numerous Dietitians tell me theres really not a huge difference between brown and white rice. Its really flavor and preference. When I do white rice I usually use jasmine. Rinse very well until the water runs clear. I do my rice sushi style for a stickier rice..just feels better. A good way to flavor white rice..and dont laugh..mustard. Low calories, no sugar, extremely low sodium, big flavor punch. Otherwise I use a Red and Brown Wild Rice I buy here that has amazing flavor and doesnt need anything added to it.

Reaction score
There are times in the day when it is more beneficial to eat white or brown rice.

Brown rice is a whole kernel, has a few more micronutrients, and takes longer to break down. White rice is stripped down a little bit and is a strait punch of carbs.

So you wake up in the morning, or just get done in the gym. Hit the white rice for instant recovery. If you are done with your day, sleeping soon. Go for the brown to be slowly digested.

Same ideals as using a protein isolate powder vs casein protein. Instant vs Slow breakdown.

New Threads