22 feeling 42

bengom

Reaction score
This is my favourite forum,

Everyone is as helpful as possible, so thanks for that

So my predicament is I am 22, feeling 42, I haven’t deadlifted for a while, I used to love it but a few enjoy years back I broke my legs pretty bad, and upon fixture one leg is 12mm longer than the other. I have an orthotics appointment booked for next month, but even after that one knee will be higher than the other. So I try to avoid excessive leg movements (besides squats, who doesn’t squat).

I also work with lifting heavy stuff/kneeling on steel daily, and was wondering if you had any tips on saving my next 20 years feeling 80, any sups, exercises or procedures are appreciated!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

So my predicament is I am 22, feeling 42, I haven’t deadlifted for a while, I used to love it but a few enjoy years back I broke my legs pretty bad, and upon fixture one leg is 12mm longer than the other. I have an orthotics appointment booked for next month, but even after that one knee will be higher than the other. So I try to avoid excessive leg movements (besides squats, who doesn’t squat).

I also work with lifting heavy stuff/kneeling on steel daily, and was wondering if you had any tips on saving my next 20 years feeling 80, any sups, exercises or procedures are appreciated!

Just getting stronger is going to probably do a lot in terms of pain relief and a better quality of life. It's not gonna be supplements or something. Just lift

If barbell squats are out because of the leg issues, try doing split squats or other single leg movements. Single leg RDL is a good one too.

daddyboul

Reaction score

Curious as to how you broke your legs, and just what you broke? Tibia, fibula, femur? What kind of fixations did you have? External, Internal? Was the knee joint involved? How well did the ortho align the tibia if so? I broke my left leg pretty bad in a motorcycle accident back in July, but im fairing extremely well. If any joints were involved I would recommend fish oil to help with any form of arthritis, a simple search on google scholar will give you clear human-based research that fish oil will help your joints(the other claims fish oil makes are still highly debated, but as far as joints go you will want it in your regime). Also what kind of physical therapy did you go through? They should have shown you great ROM exercises to do for your knee or/and hip depending on which joint was affected.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Probably nothing but wouldn't hurt to have your hormones checked and see if everything is G2G there.

Reset your goals man. Sometimes the winning is just doing something and not how well you do it compared to others. I could see how you would feel depressed about things but work around the limitations.

Good luck with the Dr. appointment. Let them know you enjoy lifting and ask for some advice.

bengom

Reaction score
Curious as to how you broke your legs, and just what you broke? Tibia, fibula, femur? What kind of fixations did you have? External, Internal? Was the knee joint involved? How well did the ortho align the tibia if so? I broke my left leg pretty bad in a motorcycle accident back in July, but im fairing extremely well. If any joints were involved I would recommend fish oil to help with any form of arthritis, a simple search on google scholar will give you clear human-based research that fish oil will help your joints(the other claims fish oil makes are still highly debated, but as far as joints go you will want it in your regime). Also what kind of physical therapy did you go through? They should have shown you great ROM exercises to do for your knee or/and hip depending on which joint was affected.

Left Tibia and right Femur, coincidentally I broke both of my legs during a motorcycle accident in July too, 5 years ago though. Was a real bad accident though, was in hospital for nearly 2 months. I originally started going gym to build up my leg strength after it and I just fell in love with it all!

I only had physio to get me back on my feet and walking, I’ll have to try fish oil!

Can you lose testosterone from broken bones? The accident defintley gave me anxiety and a little depression which I’ve hardly got over, so hurray for gym!

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can you lose testosterone from broken bones? The accident defintley gave me anxiety and a little depression which I’ve hardly got over, so hurray for gym!

no, in 99.9% of cases a broken bone will have no hormone effect

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I am 42 tomorrow and I feel 22 never felt better

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
turned 45 last month on the 14th, feel 25. I am definitely in the best shape of my life as well.

bengom

Reaction score
Happy birthday Trump!

turned 45 last month on the 14th, feel 25. I am definitely in the best shape of my life as well.

i am always in better shape every new day. :) that’s why I love gym so much. What’s the secret?

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Happy birthday Trump!

i am always in better shape every new day. :) that’s why I love gym so much. What’s the secret?

no secret! just hard ass work.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
No secret my friend just train hard eat well but also live your life to the full.

Happy birthday Trump!

New Threads