Estrogen blocker????

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
So I started my TRT 6 weeks ago, 200mg test once a week. ~Doctors orders ~

after pulling my my blood the 2nd time it was noticed that my estrogen levels were moving up and now on the high side.. the remedy for this was a medication called ((( anastrozole. )))... from what I’ve read this is a form of treatment for Brest cancer patients. It blocks the estrogen preventing Brest growth and helps minimize the cancer...
well I don’t have cancer... so....
has anybody used this before? Is there a different medication I should talk to my GP about because this stuff has some mild to high side effects..
thanks for reading,

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
So I started my TRT 6 weeks ago, 200mg test once a week. ~Doctors orders ~

after pulling my my blood the 2nd time it was noticed that my estrogen levels were moving up and now on the high side.. the remedy for this was a medication called ((( anastrozole. )))... from what I’ve read this is a form of treatment for Brest cancer patients. It blocks the estrogen preventing Brest growth and helps minimize the cancer...
well I don’t have cancer... so....
has anybody used this before? Is there a different medication I should talk to my GP about because this stuff has some mild to high side effects..
thanks for reading,

There are 3 main AIs (aromatase inhibitors). Adex/anastrozole is probably the most commonly prescribed. I myself use it. Side effects from it are almost non existent from what I’ve gathered over the years. Don’t sweat it. Post your bloodwork if you’ve got it.

Lots of drugs are prescribed for off label uses.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
As Jin said, Anastrazole/Arimidex seems to be the most common. It's what I use and it works very fast but I think if I needed it to take ling term (like in a trt dose), Id probably wanna use aromasin instead. It's supposed to skew lipid profiles a lot less than adex does.

Doubt youre going to get any other side effects from adex though.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Starting at 200mg is the problem imo. Too much for trt especially right off the bat.

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
As Jin said, Anastrazole/Arimidex seems to be the most common. It's what I use and it works very fast but I think if I needed it to take ling term (like in a trt dose), Id probably wanna use aromasin instead. It's supposed to skew lipid profiles a lot less than adex does.

Doubt youre going to get any other side effects from adex though.

So I will more then likely be a long term TRT patient.
In fact as of now doc told me just assume I’ll be taking a weekly shot for the rest of my life.
But right now I’m trying to move my levels up high... if in the long run we keep them low-ish then I may not need the blocker..����*♂️

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
So I will more then likely be a long term TRT patient.
In fact as of now doc told me just assume I’ll be taking a weekly shot for the rest of my life.
But right now I’m trying to move my levels up high... if in the long run we keep them low-ish then I may not need the blocker..����*♂️
You want as few drugs as possible to sustain your trt. Usually you can find a test dose high enough that you feel good, while low enough that it doesn’t convert to estrogen in excess. Thus eliminating the need for an ai.

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
You want as few drugs as possible to sustain your trt. Usually you can find a test dose high enough that you feel good, while low enough that it doesn’t convert to estrogen in excess. Thus eliminating the need for an ai.

And thats my longterm goal, however right now I want to go full on meat head... (not sure how smart that is to do). But I’m sick of being fat and I’m sick of feeling weak.. I want explosive results in short time frames so I don’t feel like this is all pointless..
that may not be the best approach... I just know I need a massive change , not baby steps .

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's not unheard of. But look where it's got this guy headed. Plus if your bloods come in high the insurance company flips out.

Yeah but I'm glad they started me high. If the endo started me at 100mg a week and I came back at 400, she and ins would say I'm fine...

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
Yeah it's not unheard of. But look where it's got this guy headed. Plus if your bloods come in high the insurance company flips out.

Not sure where your located or what insurance you use but our insurance has zero say so in our medical treatment other than a fixed negotiation on the price they will pay for the treatments.. only person that can say anything about my levels is doc and me..
Well and my wife..but she just runs from me...
300lb guy comes running at me with his dick sticking out and I’d run too!!!

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I started out at 250 mg of Sustanon per week administered in office, which I am told is extremely odd for a doctor in the USA to do.

Now I am at 172 mg of Cypionate per week broken over two injections (.43 ml each) that I administer on Monday morning and Thursday evening.

Merlin

Reaction score
Not sure where your located or what insurance you use but our insurance has zero say so in our medical treatment other than a fixed negotiation on the price they will pay for the treatments.. only person that can say anything about my levels is doc and me..

this just painted a mental picture lol

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
I started out at 250 mg of Sustanon per week administered in office, which I am told is extremely odd for a doctor in the USA to do.

Now I am at 172 mg of Cypionate per week broken over two injections (.43 ml each) that I administer on Monday morning and Thursday evening.

The GP I see allows office injections, they only charge 5 bucks per visit .. tankfully my wife is a medical assistant so she does it for me.. I’m too big of a pus to do it myself.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Oh man that's kinda gross lol

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The GP I see allows office injections, they only charge 5 bucks per visit .. tankfully my wife is a medical assistant so she does it for me.. I’m too big of a pus to do it myself.

you will soon, wait

New Threads