Don't say "but" or "cant" dammit!

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
this is for all the ones constantly say "I cant gain weight or lose weight". bullshit.. EAT THE RIGHT FOODS! and for the ones always saying they "cant grow or add size or muscle" its simple as WORK HARDER! If you are not willing to change your mindset to change into what you want to be you WILL fail! it all starts with desire and mindset, then diet and hard ass exercise! no miracle pill or sob story is going to fix you! sorry for the rant but if I can accomplish what I did anyone can! so get off your ass and figure out if you want It or not then get your asses to work!!!!! be great my friends!
View attachment 7311

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What a transformation! Phenomenal job!

What was your starting weight?

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Awesome and inspiring - for real this should be stickied for all the people who come in talking about losing/gaining weight.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd like to add discipline to this. You didn't fall prey to the idea of motivation, BD. You knew what you wanted and made conscious decisions along the way to get there. You didn't wait for fleeting motivation to come magically carry you off to success. You entrenched yourself to actively fight against everything that made you want to stop because stopping is the easier option.

I'm proud of how far you've come and can't wait to see where you're going.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
I believe you've added health and years to you life, bigdog. Awesome delts by the way! Very impressive journey!

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Curious to hear what your friends and family were like during this massive change?

My early experiences with life changing (for the better) are that lots of people are negative because it threatens their continually shitty existence.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Curious to hear what your friends and family were like during this massive change?

My early experiences with life changing (for the better) are that lots of people are negative because it threatens their continually shitty existence.

Shows you who your real friends are versus your (insert vice here) buddies.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Fuuk if I can bulk but I'm a little bitter now. Lol

You know how I feel about your progress and so help me God, you step on your dick, I'll be the first to kick ya in the ass and get ya moving back in the right direction.

Gotta give a little shout out to Ron while on the topic of improvement.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I'd like to add discipline to this. You didn't fall prey to the idea of motivation, BD. You knew what you wanted and made conscious decisions along the way to get there. You didn't wait for fleeting motivation to come magically carry you off to success. You entrenched yourself to actively fight against everything that made you want to stop because stopping is the easier option.

I'm proud of how far you've come and can't wait to see where you're going.

absolutely correct brother! discipline is a huge part of it! thanks IRON1... much appreciated brother!

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score

Ill start with family. I lost my mother to obesity in October 2014. my then 16 year old son came to me and say dad you have to fix yourself! I cant bury you like I did memaw.. I cried hearing it! I had to stop being a selfish ass and stop letting depression control my life. my wife was miserable due to the possibility I could drop dead at anytime. she is and always was in good shape, cooked healthy yet I refused to eat it and lived my shitty lifestyle that got me near death! I lost several so called friends that couldn't handle the fact I no longer drank and ate shit every night with them. I was blessed to have 2 friends that are lifters. 1 is garrett griffin who was with animal for years and now with iron rebel. the other is jarred the hype man that owns BOAD clothing. both took me under their wing and beat my ass numerous times in the gym. they never judged me when I was fat and still support me today. no lost love on the friends I lost because I gained many more that live this lifestyle, the one I have come to love along with many here on this board. SNAKE has had my back since day 1 too! I leaned on him several times. I am far from my goals but dammit im well on my way!

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
The really outrageous part is he did it in just 8 weeks on Jin's trenema protocal!

not quite that fast... but I started in December 2014. just in case anyone don't know, jin was and is a fan of mine since day 1 too! in fact I was a part of his motivation to get moving on his path. great guy! the support here behind the scenes is second to none! lots of good fellas! hell even DF is a cool mofo!:32 (18):

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Very impressive BD. Took a lot of guts and discipline to do what you did. Im sure there were times where you wanted to give up, but you didn't! Just goes to show what a strong mind can accomplish. Priorities brother. Much respect to you!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
definitely amazing work and dedication

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your story BD ... although I've been around since 2012 I hadn't heard it before today ... so many us need to hear that the lifestyle over time along with discipline, work-ethic, and a good diet can and do make a transformation like the one you've modeled possible ... your results speak for themselves ... and they are fvching impressive ...!!

elena

Lady Member
Reaction score
such a motivation. you are right we have to change our mindset for gain something or loss it.

New Threads