Fat

Reaction score
So something I’ve always been curious about is why do some people carry soft fat and others hard? It would seem that fat is fat. What I carry is very soft in my midsection, whereas my brother is the opposite.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Good question. I’d guess hormones but you’re on trt so that wouldn’t be the case. Interested in hearing something from Zilla....

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that your brothers fat is more surrounding his organs than (external) or over the abs. Just a guess.....

Reaction score
As I look around, I see the same thing everywhere people, men and women, carrying hard or soft fat. Even people that post here you can see differences.

Now on the hormone thing, any fat that I’ve ever carried has been soft. But my brother alway the opposite. He’s like 310 so he has quite a bit lol and his test level is about 150 (no lie). Mine is substantially more than that but mine also comes from a bottle like Manny said.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Subcutaneous is soft and just under the skin. Visceral is the bad one the surrounds organs. Our bodies do strange stuff lol.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Could it be difference in water retention?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
As said above, "soft" fat is subcutaneous fat, "hard" fat is visceral fat, the fat around your internal organs. Please note it's all fat. The "hard" is because it's constrained within the confines of whatever internal cavity it's located. You can only fit so much sh*t in a confined space. And also please note, fat on the outside, fat on the inside. I've had a ringside seat to several thousand surgeries, open and laparoscopic, to witness this firsthand. There's probably some genetic tendency toward more of one or the other, similar to where we carry our subcutaneous fat. But as I said, morbidly obese people carry plenty of both.

New Threads