Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,918 Times in 3,410 Posts
    i never tried it..I dont like the how the word yoga sounds

Thanks
    I’ve been telling myself to begin yoga as I have very poor shoulder and hip mobility

Thanks
    there's many reasons to do yoga as a bodybuilder

1. increases mobility
    2. helps eliminate toxins [increases muscles recovery]
    3. increases blood flow [increases muscle recovery]
    4. calms the mind [reduces cortisol]
    5. helps the mind-muscle connection [I can easily get a pump on while in the down dog position]
    6. sexy hot girls in tight yoga spandex are bending over in front of you

don't go to yoga classes where they make you work a sweat. that's for girls who think it's going to help them lose weight.
    stick to Hatha or Yin yoga. they're slow-paced and focus on breathing and stretching.

try 20 minutes in the morning of deep controlled breathing and light stretches and working on your posture. You'll feel great to start your day.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Gringo For This Useful Post:

Jin (02-10-2019),Thatgoodfellow (02-10-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gringo View Post
    there's many reasons to do yoga as a bodybuilder

1. increases mobility
    2. helps eliminate toxins [increases muscles recovery]
    3. increases blood flow [increases muscle recovery]
    4. calms the mind [reduces cortisol]
    5. helps the mind-muscle connection [I can easily get a pump on while in the down dog position]
    6. sexy hot girls in tight yoga spandex are bending over in front of you

don't go to yoga classes where they make you work a sweat. that's for girls who think it's going to help them lose weight.
    stick to Hatha or Yin yoga. they're slow-paced and focus on breathing and stretching.

try 20 minutes in the morning of deep controlled breathing and light stretches and working on your posture. You'll feel great to start your day.
    I'll add that focusing on single stretches at a time for 30 seconds of two sets for each muscle group of deep breathing will really increase blood flow and lengthening of the muscles. Also removal of lactic acid.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grizzly911 For This Useful Post:

El Gringo (02-12-2019)

Thanks
    I didn't start doing yoga because of the hot chicks but they were a pleasant surprise.

If you are a true bro, you'll feel ashamed the first few times but it'll go away. If it helps you, you can say you are doing it because of your girlfriend.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by November Ajax View Post
    I didn't start doing yoga because of the hot chicks but they were a pleasant surprise.

If you are a true bro, you'll feel ashamed the first few times but it'll go away. If it helps you, you can say you are doing it because of your girlfriend.
    Well I wouldn’t say I’m doing it because of her but I definitely wouldn’t have gone if it wasn’t for her. I’m Diggin it though I did it again Sunday and I’m going to try to continue with it two times a week

Fierce Fighter
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,718 Times in 3,254 Posts
    I keep trying to do it....start going and then I'm just bored with it........so stretching myself ...lol
    Peace Out..............Have a Beautiful Life........................See You On the Other-side!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatgoodfellow View Post
    Well I wouldnít say Iím doing it because of her but I definitely wouldnít have gone if it wasnít for her. Iím Diggin it though I did it again Sunday and Iím going to try to continue with it two times a week
    I only started because it's included with my gym membership, so I said "what the hell." I don't regret trying it and it's great because it makes me feel less guilty if I don't stretch after working out.

Thanks
    I started using Yoga for recovery from hip replacement, great stretching and improved mobility. It has helped me get back to the weights.

The teacher I have runs a class where I work (for free) but also does classes at gyms and health clubs. I get to hear stories told of how these "bodybuilder" types come into class with the large upper body and teeny tiny legs, calls them a piano shape, and zero core strength. He says it's sad when during the class half of them cannot hold a side plank !

I've never done a Hot yoga class may have to find one. My teacher incorporates a hybrid mix of traditional yoga poses and ballet. I attend 2 classes week. Some classes are "building" where muscles are strained like body weight training and there are whole classes just for "stretching"

I've been told when you build then some flexibility is lost and if only stretching is done then the building part can decrease so it has been enjoyable to have a mix of both to keep balance.

It's been quite a learning experience, just like working out it needs consistency to have the most benefit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12