New here will take any advice I can get

Reaction score
Yea shots of test he was hoping it would kickstart my bodys making of it naturally again and it worked I haven’t had it since but also haven’t been tested since

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Yea shots of test he was hoping it would kickstart my bodys making of it naturally again and it worked I haven’t had it since but also haven’t been tested since

Unfortunately that is not how it works.

Did you have follow up bloodwork weeks after your last shot? Not while you were on the test but after it cleared your system?

what type of doctor prescribed that protocol?

Reaction score
Yea I think if I remember right it was 3 weeks after and it was an urologist believe he said it was within normal range

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Yea I think if I remember right it was 3 weeks after and it was an urologist believe he said it was within normal range

Is your upcoming appointment with the same one? If so, find a different one.

do you remember your test levels before and after the shots?

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice pics and welcome to SI ... please consider putting the majority of your effort for the next 6 months into diet and cardio ... along with your 3 to 4 days of lifting ... be sure to have a long term outlook ...

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Might want ant to get your hormones checked for shits and giggles.

Specifically get your Total Test, Free Test, SHBC, Estradiol, LH,FSH, T3 and T4 checked. Might throw in your lipids and fasting glucose to get a good all around picture.

Skip testing for “shits and giggles” since most insurance companies won’t cover it and only DR. FD is licensed to perform that exam.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Specifically get your Total Test, Free Test, SHBC, Estradiol, LH,FSH, T3 and T4 checked. Might throw in your lipids and fasting glucose to get a good all around picture.

Skip testing for “shits and giggles” since most insurance companies won’t cover it and only DR. FD is licensed to perform that exam.

Its imperitive you get this done with your history of low t.

what was your original appointment for? If it’s herpes you don’t have to answer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Original appointment was for my testicalswent to the family doctor about them cause they are bigger than average or I feel like they may be she agreed and I have pain sometimes they think after an ultrasound I may have a small hernia that’s mainly what I’m going for but will see if I can get him to test all of the above mentioned for me.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This.......this made me chuckle.

Welcome to the Underground. I would recommend you check out the diet and training sections of the forum, lots of great info there.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its imperative you get this done with your history of low t.

what was your original appointment for? If it’s herpes you don’t have to answer.
Fixed that for you Sir Grammar Nazi.

Reaction score
Thanks!! And what part about it makes you chuckle honestly after the shots I felt better and still don’t feel like it did before the shots no sex drive sleeping all the time and down didn’t want to do anything. Now I lift play softball sex drive is fine we’ll hit or miss and I’m in a better mood

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! And what part about it makes you chuckle honestly after the shots I felt better and still don’t feel like it did before the shots no sex drive sleeping all the time and down didn’t want to do anything. Now I lift play softball sex drive is fine we’ll hit or miss and I’m in a better mood
Any doctor should know that introducing exogenous testosterone doesn't make the human body begin producing more, it actually produces less because testosterone is being provided from an outside source already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Oh ok gotcha heck I didn’t know man he’s the one with the degree I was just following what he said to do lol if they put me on test again would that work as far as helping my body with become more efficient with the gains from my lifting or would it need to have some added help of more test to put me on the higher end of normal?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh ok gotcha heck I didn’t know man he’s the one with the degree I was just following what he said to do lol if they put me on test again would that work as far as helping my body with become more efficient with the gains from my lifting or would it need to have some added help of more test to put me on the higher end of normal?
First things first, you need bloodwork to establish a baseline of where your hormone levels currently sit as Jin stated previously. This is critical, do not skip this step.

Secondly, realize that even if you are put on TRT you are in for a shitload of hard work and having to discipline yourself in regards to diet, training, and establishing a strong mental fortitude with which you can change yourself physically in a significant manner. Half-assing it will get you half-ass results regardless of how much testosterone you're being given.

You have much to learn but you're in the right place, I'm glad you joined. Now get to researching and push your doc for the tests Vid listed out for you above as a solid starter.

Reaction score
Thank you sir!! And thank all you all for the help you have given!! I try my best to never halfass anything and your right I need to get right mentally and stick to a strict diet and lifting more frequently gym I go to is 30mins away but he is getting ready to open one 5 mins away so I’ll be in there a lot more and put forth a lot more effort than I did before! And I’m here to gain as much knowledge as possible ears open mouth shut!

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
I’m 32 years old just got back into lifting and trying to cut weight while trying to make gains I’m 5’10” 288 pounds lift about 3 to 4 times a week and try to go at it with as much intensity as I can hurt my shoulder a little(getting cortisone shots this week) but after that I’m trying to look for some advice on a regimen to look up or to follow to get me going in the right direction to do as much as I can natural before getting last polishing touch’s of help from gear. Once that comes around what would be good to start with only thing I have ever taken was andro back in 2005

Welcome to the UG! Btw, is that engine lube right by your feet in the first top pic?

Reaction score
No sir that is mean green I was pressure washing the house before this pic was taking hense why I’m in my boxers

New Threads