Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    I have been using an app called LoseIt to track my food. I'm 5'-10 and 230lbs. I'm a type 2 diabetic but I am trying to work myself off of the oral meds I take - I do not take insulin. My TDEE is 2645 cals so I'm trying to run a 2150 cal diet. I'm currently around 30% protein, 35% carbs and 35% fats. I suspect that my fat and carbs are too close, like you don't want to have both heavy in a day. I have been reading about carb cycling and I think I will try that approach as well.

Honestly I need to quit being a bish about it and devote more detail to getting my macros right. Pre-preparing meals more often like S30 recommended and setting myself up for success in this area is the way to go. I may switch up apps, I had already paid for premium on this other app and it's pretty cool as far as entering food and food database with info. I appreciate the feedback. This shit is a lot of work but I know it will be worth it. I am already seeing a lot of improvement as far as my body recomping. Pants fit loser and chest on shirts are tighter.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    How long you been on trt now Tater? Noticing changes?
    Hey Dawg, I feel mentally and emotionally a lot more stable these days. It is a strange thing because it didn't happen overnight but I'm noticing more clarity and focus during the day. I feel better but it's not really a super-noticeable thing. I was thinking maybe just knowing that I was getting some help in that area created a placebo type effect. I am happy with everything so far and I am on week 5. They did a blood draw this morning and I will know where I am at on Friday.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 833 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tater View Post
    I have been using an app called LoseIt to track my food. I'm 5'-10 and 230lbs. I'm a type 2 diabetic but I am trying to work myself off of the oral meds I take - I do not take insulin. My TDEE is 2645 cals so I'm trying to run a 2150 cal diet. I'm currently around 30% protein, 35% carbs and 35% fats. I suspect that my fat and carbs are too close, like you don't want to have both heavy in a day. I have been reading about carb cycling and I think I will try that approach as well.

Honestly I need to quit being a bish about it and devote more detail to getting my macros right. Pre-preparing meals more often like S30 recommended and setting myself up for success in this area is the way to go. I may switch up apps, I had already paid for premium on this other app and it's pretty cool as far as entering food and food database with info. I appreciate the feedback. This shit is a lot of work but I know it will be worth it. I am already seeing a lot of improvement as far as my body recomping. Pants fit loser and chest on shirts are tighter.
    The app you use is not important, tracking the cals/macros is. Sounds like you’re doing fine already, you’re right, it’s a lot of work. I struggle with it every day, making the right choices vs the choices I want to make. Eventually it’ll just be the norm, it’ll become automatic. At least, that’s what they tell me lol.
    Cuz itís cool to be the player, but it sucks to be the fan

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Straight30weight For This Useful Post:

The Tater (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 649 Posts
    Once you view food as a tool vs. a treat things will become easier. Try to think of it in this context.
    Unicorn Hunter Level - Expert

Newbies Please Read:
    https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/3728-First-Cycle-All-You-Need-to-Know

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyWoodCole For This Useful Post:

Straight30weight (Today),The Tater (Today)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyWoodCole View Post
    Once you view food as a tool vs. a treat things will become easier. Try to think of it in this context.
    Man, that's good advice. I have an unhealthy relationship with food in that I over-eat often. I crave carbs all of the time and I just need to quit being a bish and make better choices. I'm responsible for the results so I need to get my head in the game on the diet part of this equation.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Tater For This Useful Post:

HollyWoodCole (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tater View Post
    Hey Dawg, I feel mentally and emotionally a lot more stable these days. It is a strange thing because it didn't happen overnight but I'm noticing more clarity and focus during the day. I feel better but it's not really a super-noticeable thing. I was thinking maybe just knowing that I was getting some help in that area created a placebo type effect. I am happy with everything so far and I am on week 5. They did a blood draw this morning and I will know where I am at on Friday.

It's not an overnight thing. One day you just look back and realize you havent been feeling as anxious, depressed, demotivated, or whatever it is. Some of it takes months and months to really become apparent.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    It's not an overnight thing. One day you just look back and realize you havent been feeling as anxious, depressed, demotivated, or whatever it is. Some of it takes months and months to really become apparent.
    Yeah that's what I've been hearing from others. I was thinking it was like a light switched on or something since it is a direct injection of hormones into your body but it seems to be like a fog lifted so far. I appreciate you asking and the response.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456