Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 61 to 67 of 67
  1. #61
    Member The Tater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Jorja
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 50 Times in 34 Posts
    I have been using an app called LoseIt to track my food. I'm 5'-10 and 230lbs. I'm a type 2 diabetic but I am trying to work myself off of the oral meds I take - I do not take insulin. My TDEE is 2645 cals so I'm trying to run a 2150 cal diet. I'm currently around 30% protein, 35% carbs and 35% fats. I suspect that my fat and carbs are too close, like you don't want to have both heavy in a day. I have been reading about carb cycling and I think I will try that approach as well.

    Honestly I need to quit being a bish about it and devote more detail to getting my macros right. Pre-preparing meals more often like S30 recommended and setting myself up for success in this area is the way to go. I may switch up apps, I had already paid for premium on this other app and it's pretty cool as far as entering food and food database with info. I appreciate the feedback. This shit is a lot of work but I know it will be worth it. I am already seeing a lot of improvement as far as my body recomping. Pants fit loser and chest on shirts are tighter.

  2. #62
    Member The Tater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Jorja
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 50 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    How long you been on trt now Tater? Noticing changes?
    Hey Dawg, I feel mentally and emotionally a lot more stable these days. It is a strange thing because it didn't happen overnight but I'm noticing more clarity and focus during the day. I feel better but it's not really a super-noticeable thing. I was thinking maybe just knowing that I was getting some help in that area created a placebo type effect. I am happy with everything so far and I am on week 5. They did a blood draw this morning and I will know where I am at on Friday.

  3. #63
    Elite Straight30weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,766
    Thanks
    814
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 833 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tater View Post
    I have been using an app called LoseIt to track my food. I'm 5'-10 and 230lbs. I'm a type 2 diabetic but I am trying to work myself off of the oral meds I take - I do not take insulin. My TDEE is 2645 cals so I'm trying to run a 2150 cal diet. I'm currently around 30% protein, 35% carbs and 35% fats. I suspect that my fat and carbs are too close, like you don't want to have both heavy in a day. I have been reading about carb cycling and I think I will try that approach as well.

    Honestly I need to quit being a bish about it and devote more detail to getting my macros right. Pre-preparing meals more often like S30 recommended and setting myself up for success in this area is the way to go. I may switch up apps, I had already paid for premium on this other app and it's pretty cool as far as entering food and food database with info. I appreciate the feedback. This shit is a lot of work but I know it will be worth it. I am already seeing a lot of improvement as far as my body recomping. Pants fit loser and chest on shirts are tighter.
    The app you use is not important, tracking the cals/macros is. Sounds like you’re doing fine already, you’re right, it’s a lot of work. I struggle with it every day, making the right choices vs the choices I want to make. Eventually it’ll just be the norm, it’ll become automatic. At least, that’s what they tell me lol.
    Cuz itís cool to be the player, but it sucks to be the fan

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Straight30weight For This Useful Post:

    The Tater (Today)

  5. #64
    Elite HollyWoodCole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,546
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 1,074 Times in 649 Posts
    Once you view food as a tool vs. a treat things will become easier. Try to think of it in this context.
    Unicorn Hunter Level - Expert

    Newbies Please Read:
    https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/3728-First-Cycle-All-You-Need-to-Know

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyWoodCole For This Useful Post:

    Straight30weight (Today),The Tater (Today)

  7. #65
    Member The Tater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Jorja
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 50 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyWoodCole View Post
    Once you view food as a tool vs. a treat things will become easier. Try to think of it in this context.
    Man, that's good advice. I have an unhealthy relationship with food in that I over-eat often. I crave carbs all of the time and I just need to quit being a bish and make better choices. I'm responsible for the results so I need to get my head in the game on the diet part of this equation.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Tater For This Useful Post:

    HollyWoodCole (Today)

  9. #66
    Elite Gadawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tater View Post
    Hey Dawg, I feel mentally and emotionally a lot more stable these days. It is a strange thing because it didn't happen overnight but I'm noticing more clarity and focus during the day. I feel better but it's not really a super-noticeable thing. I was thinking maybe just knowing that I was getting some help in that area created a placebo type effect. I am happy with everything so far and I am on week 5. They did a blood draw this morning and I will know where I am at on Friday.

    It's not an overnight thing. One day you just look back and realize you havent been feeling as anxious, depressed, demotivated, or whatever it is. Some of it takes months and months to really become apparent.

  10. #67
    Member The Tater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Jorja
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 50 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    It's not an overnight thing. One day you just look back and realize you havent been feeling as anxious, depressed, demotivated, or whatever it is. Some of it takes months and months to really become apparent.
    Yeah that's what I've been hearing from others. I was thinking it was like a light switched on or something since it is a direct injection of hormones into your body but it seems to be like a fog lifted so far. I appreciate you asking and the response.


Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Hello! Documenting my gains and transformation
    By tboogy in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-15-2017, 01:12 AM
  2. the Gains and Glory
    By growthinature in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-13-2016, 02:50 PM
  3. Is this Vegen gains guys just spreading propaganda? And any nutrition sources?
    By Fruity in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 12:50 AM
  4. Dbol and test keeping gains ?
    By 4acesbro21 in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2015, 07:47 AM
  5. Masteron and strength gains
    By heavydeads83 in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-28-2013, 08:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •