Tater’s gains and losses

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve been needing to start a training log to better track progress. I’ve made some good lean gains so far. Started out at 230lbs at 5’10 with spaghetti arms and a bulging midsection. I’m still a disgusting 41 year old fat body and type 2 diabetic but I’m thinning down. I typically train PPL 2X week and do cardio and abs only on the off day. Tomorrow is my off day so I’m going to do some cardio and abs. I typically spend an hour with warmups and work sets. I don’t rest much between because I try to squeeze a lot of work in a short window. I usually workout at 4:30am but sometimes do an afternoon cardio session too.

Below is my typical supplementation:

preworkout is currently Lit from Beyond Raw
5g creatine monohydrate
multivitamin
2000mg gnc fish oil
BCAA post workout

Below was today’s Push workout:

incline dumbbell press 3X10 @ 50lbs and 1 set to failure at 8 reps
ez bar skull crushers and close grip press 4X10 each superset
hammer curls 4X10 @ 35lbs
machine chest press 4X10 @ 115lbs
cable crossovers 4 sets but I can’t remember the weight.
tricep pull downs and overhead cable extensions 3X10-12 @ 50lbs to failure on last set
ab machine 130lbs crunches to failure 3 sets
10 minutes on treadmill HIIT

I track calories and macros on an app called Lose It! and that works well for me. 2100 calories is my goal with protein being 180 grams of it and good fats with lower carbs. Diet is 90% of my problem and I’m fixing it.

I am not a badass like some of you other guys and gals but I’m not scared of work and this is my new obsession. I workout at a planet fatness so free weights are scarce. I will graduate to a real gym soon. I feel like I’m the only guy sweating in the place.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Good stuff spud.

Why curls on push day?

personally do back & tri's / chest & bi's routine as well

the theory is in my case that the pushes already are hitting the tri

then hitting the bicep will swell the whole arm

& vice versa on back day

rather than walking around with only half of the arm swole

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
dk makes a great point. You see yourself every day and sometimes you may get discouraged by your seemingly lack of progress. If you have pics to refer to you will notice a big difference. I take pics every week and log them away on my pc. I cant believe how much I have changed in the past 12 months, and I am not a noob.

Keep it up brother! You will be there before you know it!

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks all! Every day is arm day...except leg day...right? Seriously though, I've been working on strengthening my ecrb as often as possible because I tweak the ol tennis elbow every now and then on single joint exercises. Hammer curls and reverse grip curls seem to stretch it out for me.

I did the picture thing too. I take a weekly pic and just file it away for a later date.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Creatine - milk of the Gods. I know it's good for retaining water intramuscularly but I'm still not sure what other benefits I get from it. Supposedly you recover quicker too.

I forgot to mention that I am on TRT replacement (150mg/week) and after three weeks of that, I do feel a general sense of well being and less like a bish...

Make sure youre super pasty white in the first pic and then all tanned and oily in the final one. That's how they sell the creatine.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Creatine - milk of the Gods. I know it's good for retaining water intramuscularly but I'm still not sure what other benefits I get from it. Supposedly you recover quicker too.

I forgot to mention that I am on TRT replacement (150mg/week) and after three weeks of that, I do feel a general sense of well being and less like a bish...

Glad they got you straightened out. You wont feel the full benefits for a little while but it's a nice ride.

Oh and my opinion is that supplementing with creatine does nothing but take your money

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh and my opinion is that supplementing with creatine does nothing but take your money

lol.....I remember taking all kinds of stuff years ago ...thank god I got over spending that cash!!!!

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
day 1.jpg

Day 1 back in November 2018 - As you can see, a brotha needs to work off some table muscle...

current 1.jpg

Pic from this week. Still a fatty but the weight is moving around.

current 2.jpg
Shoulders and front delts are really starting to take shape. Newbie gains.

New Threads