Another Creatine Take.....

Reaction score
I suspect this is why the vast majority of the creatine critique comes from the enhanced community. When you're used to pinning grams per week, yea, creatine will seem like a waste of money. It's a distorted definition of "results".
What are the expected results? I’m not enhanced (half a cycle about 3 years ago and ran bunk shit late last year), but haven’t really noticed anything from creatine. Ive also not tried it in years, so maybe I should revisit it.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
I eat a heaping spoonful pre-workout and wash it down with coffee or a preworkout drink. Nothing fancy. I have a steel gut though.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
What are the expected results? I’m not enhanced (half a cycle about 3 years ago and ran bunk shit late last year), but haven’t really noticed anything from creatine. Ive also not tried it in years, so maybe I should revisit it.

I have heard that it can make you taller. Someone on the internet said it....not sure who.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Basically, Creatine allows you to do more work (volume) in the gym vs normal conditions by preserving glycogen that would normally be used up. You have more energy available so you should be able to do more work, which should lead to better results. All things being equal.
Expected results? 10% more volume is common. It doesn't sound like much if you're enhanced or expecting AAS type effects but for naturals, I can assure you, that it's a big deal.

Reaction score
Basically, Creatine allows you to do more work (volume) in the gym vs normal conditions by preserving glycogen that would normally be used up. You have more energy available so you should be able to do more work, which should lead to better results. All things being equal.
Expected results? 10% more volume is common. It doesn't sound like much if you're enhanced or expecting AAS type effects but for naturals, I can assure you, that it's a big deal.
Interesting. I still have a bunch of it cuz it’s so cheap. Might give it a trial run for a month.

Reaction score
Interesting. I still have a bunch of it cuz it’s so cheap. Might give it a trial run for a month.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I have heard that it can make you taller. Someone on the internet said it....not sure who.

If you saw the "studies" from when it first came out in the late nineties, youd probably believe that.

Pretty sure Bill Phillips said it could do everything from make you bigger, faster, and stronger to removing oil spots in your driveway. :)

November Ajax

Reaction score
You guys remember phosphagen HP? God I wasted so much money on that shit in high school. It took like two giant tubs just to do the loading phase alone. I was bagging groceries for like $3.75 an hour after taxes. I mustve really believed all their nonsense.
What are you talking about? This extremely credible site says it'll give you the results you are expecting.

November Ajax

Reaction score
Prices have gone way down but theyre still claiming to "add 25lbs to your bench press easy"

I don't get it. It's just dextrose and creatine? Why not buy both sepparately and take them in any way you want?

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I suspect this is why the vast majority of the creatine critique comes from the enhanced community. When you're used to pinning grams per week, yea, creatine will seem like a waste of money. It's a distorted definition of "results".

My experience with it was before cycling. Couldn’t tell the slightest difference no matter how I took it. I fully believe it’s useful for most but it made no difference to me.

I eat a lot of red meat so maybe I get enough from diet for the same effect? Maybe us non-responders have a biological difference? Who knows...

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
My last big gym goal before starting trt (so natural forever at that time) was to bench 300 for 10 reps. I was never good on reps so I figured that's a cool number to be able to do once in your life and tell your grandkids when youre wearing diapers.

I worked on that goal exclusively for many many months. I got very close. Could get 285 for 10. 300 for like 8.5.

I remembered thinking this would be a perfect time to see if creatine really works because those were always the claims. Gets you an extra rep or two.

Well, needless to say, I never got 300 for ten reps natural. 10 weeks or so on trt and I could do it on incline.

Again, that's just me. They say plenty of us are equally unresponsive but Ive never seen an explanation. Keep in mind, I cant even eat red meat so it's not like Im getting lots of this stuff in my diet.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve never jumped on creatine and not seen a difference in the gym and mirror within a month.
I must respond much better than most, because even my wife knows when I’m on it.
I also get muscle cramps, no matter how much water I drink, and the occasional runs though, so I cycle it.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I could have sworn there was a brand of creatine that was loaded with prohormones before the ban. I just can't remember who manufactured it... I was given a container of it from one of my friends, and to date, that was the only creatine monohydrate that ever worked on me. I just wish I could remember who manufactured it and my Google Fu is totally bunk tonight.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Met-Rx mass action

Powerful Lean Mass Enhancing Formula With Creatine, HMB and TMG

Only kind that ever worked for me, it was the chit back around the early 90's....

I found a company that can basically make any supplement, so im gonna see if they can remake this for me

Long

Elite
Reaction score
I heat up a cup of water in the microwave and mix in a round teaspoon of creatine in the am when I wake up after i have coffee. After it dissolves I dump it into a whey isolate shake before my workout. I used to get the hardcore shit's before I started dissolving it. Something about your intestines throwing water at it trying to dissolve it the entire way out.
I think the creatine gets me going more than the coffee. Could just be me.

Reaction score
When I was in federal prison in the early 2000's I made a lot of money selling "cell-tech". I'd bring in straight creatine and mix it with Gatorade.

Reactions: Jin

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think before trt or cycles I felt differently about creatine and other over the counter supplements ... including different protein powders and preworkout ....after aas supplements just pale in comparison ... I'm not saying they dont work ... just far less so ...