ZMartins journey to classic physique

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
I’m happy to help man but you don’t need a lot of reprogramming. More food, maybe a better split and gear if you want.

Let’s do it.

Yea, thats basically what I figured. Having a more consistent and dedicated work/rest might help but thats just not an option for now; and I dont think its as important as the food.
I currently have no idea where I would get any quality gear, so diet I think is the biggest factor that'll help

I was eating 3500 cal. and that got me to this point. I bumped it up to 3800 about 3-4 weeks ago but havent noticed any change. I'm not sure If I should increase it again or tweak the percentages of protein:carb:fat. It's currently 30,20,45.

Any suggestions?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm no math expert due to my southern education but I don't think your macros add up to 100%. FYI.

Reaction score
Yea, thats basically what I figured. Having a more consistent and dedicated work/rest might help but thats just not an option for now; and I dont think its as important as the food.
I currently have no idea where I would get any quality gear, so diet I think is the biggest factor that'll help

I was eating 3500 cal. and that got me to this point. I bumped it up to 3800 about 3-4 weeks ago but havent noticed any change. I'm not sure If I should increase it again or tweak the percentages of protein:carb:fat. It's currently 30,20,45.

Any suggestions?
Are the other 5% pop tarts? Cuz that’s the secret

Reaction score
Are the other 5% pop tarts? Cuz that’s the secret

haha no its just me not paying attention to what I was typing 30,25,45.

I'm not against shoving in some poptarts here and there. I'll steal them from my son if thats what it takes lol.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you've added calories and no changes have occurred to either growth or waistline it sounds like you may need some additional calories. But with you being Jin's prodigy I'll let him provide the direction here.

Reaction score
I’m just ****in with you, some of these guys swear by them. I never eat em

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Why so much fat and so little carbs?

your legs: they look like a weak point. True or bad picture angle?

Going to change your split but first please post your workouts for the next week.

Definitely need to up the calories but I may change the macro split and keep calories the same for a month to see how you react to that.

Reaction score
This will be fun to watch. Z, do exactly what the man says, it’ll be cool to watch the transformation.

Reaction score
Why so much fat and so little carbs?

your legs: they look like a weak point. True or bad picture angle?

Going to change your split but first please post your workouts for the next week.

Definitely need to up the calories but I may change the macro split and keep calories the same for a month to see how you react to that.

It was working so I figured why change? Now that i'm not seeing anything thats why I figured I would need to start making tweaks.

I've always thought that chest/shoulders/tri's in that order were my weakest points. Looking at the picture I want to say its a bad angle but maybe I've never noticed.

I'll take measurements and post them.

Workouts for the rest of this week

Today: Rest
Tomorrow: Legs
Saturday: Arms
Sunday: Rest

Last edited:
Reaction score
Next week I'll be lifting MON, TUE, WED, THUR for sure. Probably Friday evening if I can find time for it or saturday/sunday.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'll take measurements and post them.

You should always have measurements to compare your current state to previous times. Just don't get too hung up on the numbers compared to someone else. No one has a tape on stage and I have seen big arms look small and small arms look big.

Reaction score
You should always have measurements to compare your current state to previous times. Just don't get too hung up on the numbers compared to someone else. No one has a tape on stage and I have seen big arms look small and small arms look big.

Yea, Ive always taken some but either didnt write em down or forgot where I put it.

But I agree with you, I'm not worried about comparing with someone else, only person I'm currently competing with is myself.

Reaction score
So here's the current measurements. (Did them all while relaxed, not sure if that matters. Figured if its always done the same then it shouldn't matter.)

Neck: 15.5
Chest: 44
Upper Arms: 16.5
Forearms: 12.5
Waist: 33.5
Thigh: 24
Calves: 15.5

Measured both sides and were the same

Weight was 202.8 this morning.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea, Ive always taken some but either didnt write em down or forgot where I put it.

But I agree with you, I'm not worried about comparing with someone else, only person I'm currently competing with is myself.

He's been on my ass forever to take measurements....I'm just not into it! lol

Snake that is.......................

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
So here's the current measurements. (Did them all while relaxed, not sure if that matters. Figured if its always done the same then it shouldn't matter.)

Neck: 15.5
Chest: 44
Upper Arms: 16.5
Forearms: 12.5
Waist: 33.5
Thigh: 24
Calves: 15.5

Measured both sides and were the same

Weight was 202.8 this morning.

Your arms are 16.5" unflexed?

New Threads