Update on the Bulgarian Split Squats

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
I been doing these for a little while now on Quad Day. I been starting off with these before I hit the back squats and front squats and they have really helped improved my overall posture, flexibility and helped the stabilizers. Makes all the squats much easier overall and really helps shapes the legs to the max. Thanks for all the help iron brothers and Jenn. Keeping these as a staple in my leg routine.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome...fuuuck I can’t wait to get back to them!!!!:)

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah I have to agree on this one, they really help with the balance and coordination. Also helps make everything else easier and build up power lunging with dumbbells.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I love em but they cause bad foot pain for me in my front foot so I do regular split squats (without back leg elevated) and have experienced good quad growth and strength

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
The **** is a quad day griz?

Just a day mainly focusing on the quads, I have a separate day dedicated to hamstrings but of course we know hams come into play during any squats. For me, quad day is a day with no direct work on hams.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the quad day thing. My quads are already pretty big but my hammies always need work.

I always run BSS after squats to really burn them out, this setup has made me almost puke several times.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Not sure on the quad day thing. My quads are already pretty big but my hammies always need work.

I always run BSS after squats to really burn them out, this setup has made me almost puke several times.

I gotcha. Maybe when I had lunges again to my current routine then I'll puke, no telling.

New Threads