What I've learned

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
After a few years on TRT, and adding in some extra on occasion, here's what I've learned.

Testosterone is awesome, but it is a double edged sword for me. I've done a few cycles, one 500mg cyp, one 400mg cyp with 600mg eq, and the most recent was 450mg mix of cyp and enanthate. (those may be SLIGHTLY off, since the exact info was lost from my old phone).

All three times, horrific acne. Angry acne. The kind that looks like it wants to fight you. The kind that looks like you lost a fruit salad fight. And it takes MONTHS to clear up after I drop down to TRT dosage. It's the only side effect I get. Blood work is good, no estrogen issues.

It beats me down mentally, and it ends up being the reason I cut cycles a little short. After bashing my head into the same wall over and over, here's the new plan.

I'm going to use TRT dose test as my base. I use 87.5mg per week, split into two doses. I know that seems low, but I'm not using pharma anymore, and the stuff I get tests out high on blood work. That dose gives me about 900ng/dl. I was using 150mg when I fist got it, but that tested at 1,594ng/dl. Top high for my acne issue.

I'm going to add in Deca at 300mg per week, and run that along side the base of Test from Sept through December. My thought process is that I'd be able to see how I react to Deca without any issues from the Test. Lower doses for longer time, see if that helps with my problem.

Seem reasonable?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jin

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
I,get some acne from test but just on my upper arms and back. Weird ones I,cant pop like we'll under the skin.
Watch for deca dick... Had a post on here can get a boner but hard,to finish like it numbs the end or something

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Test is best unless that doesn’t apply to you.

I dont run test test higher than trt. Too many sides.

I think your idea is excellent and I hope it works out for you.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I had all types of acne, some whitehead, some surface that could be popped, but alot of the deep ones too. I even had to go to the ER for one because it was so deep and huge. They had to slice it open and pull stuff out. So embarrassing.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to get acne on just a trt dose & on blast I'd get some big old nasty stuff. Not what I'd consider a huge amount but enough on the arms, shoulders and back to want to cover them up. I ended up using Accutane. I'd only recommend this stuff if you are having extreme issues. It comes with some potentially nasty side effects. I do have a thread on here somewhere on my use. I'll try to find & link it. It did resolve any & all acne issues that I had. Again, I recommend you research the sides.

https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/17572-Accutane?highlight=Accutane

Last edited:

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
To be honest, Accutane scares me. I've read a lot of nasty writeups about that stuff, but to be fair, there's been good writeups also, just like in your link/thread. I'd 'probably' just quit trying to blast rather than use Accutane. Plus, I'm not a fan of having to use a lot of ancillary compounds to combat the main compounds.

That being said, I've used salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide, both as washes and wipes/creams. Also used antibacterial soap, and hibiclens. No help while on.

Also have used prescribed oral minocycle in the past, which helped speed up the acne clearing while I was off and back to trt dose. Also currently using topical clindamycin, which doesn't seem to be helping speed up the acne clearing.

It clears up eventually, but it takes it's sweet ass time.

Last edited:
Reactions: DF

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just throwing out thoughts on this one...

Stay away from your more androgenic drugs, I bet that is what's contributing to the issue.

Did you ever see a dermatologist?

Were you using any kinds of ancillary drugs including special soaps or dht blockers or antibiotics?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Give it a shot. Let us know how it goes.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Yes to the dermatologist. She seemed like she couldn't care less, just told me to take less testosterone, and that using bio identical testosterone might help.

She did prescribe topical clindamycin and to use hibiclens, but also added that she didn't think that that would help though, that it was hormonal acne.

I share your thoughts on the androgens. My thought process is that instead of using something like 400mg of Test, use something like 100mg Test and make up the difference with 300mg of Deca, which is less androgenic.

Same total amount of compounds, but less of the androgenic stuff.

See what happens I guess.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Or try some orals over your trt? Lot to choose from that are lower on the androgenic scale.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Following along. Keep us updated as you go. I'm really curious to see how this works out for you. Good luck!

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Running a first blast cycle after 1 year of TRT dose at 200mg per week; so far only a few random pimples on my shoulders but nothing too major. Sorry to hear man please keep us up to date on how it goes.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like OP I have struggled with acne and trt / cycles ... I've done it all ... accutane ... eliminating dairy ... nothing works 100% ... after taking test for 6 years I've come to understanding their is a genetic component ... you are either acne prone or your not (same as those destined to lose hair do so faster on AAS) ... the only thing that has made any difference for me in regard to acne was watching E2 (estrogen sides) ... for me I've simply decided to live with this side ... I have facial acne even now at 52 years old ... but I also 16 inch guns instead of 12 as I was naturally intended ...

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Test is best unless that doesn’t apply to you.

I dont run test test higher than trt. Too many sides.

I think your idea is excellent and I hope it works out for you.

****, i see you feeling like death embodied at 1g/week then

You stick to less androgenic compounds?

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I don’t go above 300mg test per week and not had any acne besides the odd spot on my back. I actually started this from advice from Jin and have stuck to it since as it worked perfect for me.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I wish I did that to start. My original TRT dose was 200mg/week and had no issues until I started adding to it. I had to learn the hard way.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wish I did that to start. My original TRT dose was 200mg/week and had no issues until I started adding to it. I had to learn the hard way.

Man that sucks.

Too bad Epitiostanol (Epostane) is illegal now. You would've loved the shit; basically null androgenic activity. I would have spent thousands, even go into debt, stockpiling epitiostanol if I could do it all over again.

Epitiostanol, Methasterone, and Trenbolone are the greatest low-androgenic AAS ever made in my opinion.

Reaction score
I'm gonna share with you my exprience taking NPP since the subject is acne. Last year around these times I took TEST and NPP around 300-400mg per week(not so sure but i don't think it was below 300). I'm in my early 20's and still have mild acne on my face(always been mild acne, never had crazy acne on my face) which doesn't go away for some reason. I think it was around week 2-3 that my back started to get itchy and in no time my entire back was full of acne. It was painful and disgusting, I couldn't sleep on my back... long story short it was a shitty exprience. Ended my cycle on week 6. I still have a picture of my back if you want to see but It's really bad so I don't recommend.

Now before you get into any conclusions I have to say that TEST and NPP was my very first steroid cycle. That's right I dived right into it. Didn't waste my time with test only cycle and I'm very much happy with the results. after 3-4 months, this time I took TEST and EQ for 12 weeks but didn't exprience that nightmare whatsoever.

So what I'm trying to say is maybe Nandrolone isn't suitable for people like us or maybe I got those issues because It was my first cycle.
I don't know, just wanted to help a brother out. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: CJ

New Threads