Sils new dxa scan

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Well its been 11 months since my last dxa. Im up 23 lbs and 7% bf. Ive gained 5 lbs in muscle in my "trunk area" ass, hams and quads. Hence why my squats and deads are strongest theyve ever been. But im not happy with how i look naked. So it's time for some cutting or recomping for my cruise this summer. 226 lbs 19% bf. Lets get to business.View attachment 7406

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
interesting....

what does a test or run cost roughly..??
75$ in san antonio. Df saidnin his neck of the woods its 175$
You've done it before...you'll do it again!!!!;)
Oh for sure! I got this jen. Was really happy with the strength gains. Just time to switch things up again and go the other way. Wont be as strong but will be beach ready. Then after summer can strength train and eat more again

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sil, let's not act like you're morbidly obese and ready for a wheelchair here.

While some of the guys on here would flip out at this bf% I think its not too far away from what most people on here carry on a regular basis. Is it ideal from a BB'ing sense? No. But I'm not a pro body builder either, I get paid to sell things, not have a rockin' dad bod. Good for you for posting and you can make some change and get right back to where you want to be.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Damn bro. I appreciate the response. I thibk that % is probably oretty average these days. But im sure qe all have pur little body image hangups. I know theres room for improvement. Thanks hwc

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dude we all suffer from dysmorphia like a mofo on here. I was just thinking about what a fatass I am this weekend and noticed my top abs are starting to come out this morning.

It's no big deal at all, if someone thinks less of me because I've been fat in the past, they can kiss the fattest part of my ass. You're not fat here, just not in prime condition, that's all.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Sil, thanks for posting. It’s great motivation for those of us following in your footsteps. I’m caught in the same build or cut delima as well but without your size. Feels like the teens are pergetory!

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I'm right at that bf myself. I'm a big fella. No matter what I do unless I have surgery to remove skin off my stomach and lower back my midsection will always suck. It's my scars. You look great sil.. just get back moving brother!

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your calves look great!

Seriously though bro - thanks for sharing, I know it wasn’t easy...and if most of us got scanned we’d be slapped in the mouth with the reality of how high our body fat really is. Personally I’m not where I want to be, and I think I’ll go get scanned now to hold myself more accountable.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
no worries my bro. You got this! You just said it. Time to get workin. Always here if you need anything

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing those pics, it's hard accepting that sometimes we do not look our best.

Don't think for a second that you can't make gains while dropping BF. You're not trying to push down to 8%. It will come.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. Really means alot.
If the dxa helps people with the pics realize where they maybe at then awesome. We all carry fat differently. My 19% may look worse or better then yalls.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for posting up, sil.
I have done 4 Bodpods in the last 4 years and DXA was next up on my list. Got to find somebody in Chicago that does them.

New Threads