Triceps routine?

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I did read it... all 800 words of it.. all basic shit. I do what is working for me and simply what I like. im building the best me at my pace and from where I started ive done damn good! be great!

I didn't mean it as that. I meant "check it out if you hadnt seen it".

Keep rockin them gains man!

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite workouts of the week, always do it on Mondays to set the tone for the rest of the the workout week.

I do dips, but at the end of the workout and only to a depth where my trash shoulders will allow me to go. Tri's are one of my stronger suits, I like the rope a lot and use a v-bar at very heavy weights at the halfway point.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
Skull crushers all day.... Got up to 19 inch arms when I was younger . natty.
Lol now an old fart still do,them but the joints dont like them

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Awesome great advice!
What do y’all think about underhand movements?
underhand tricep extension or underhand bench? Been told that really helps but never seem to notice much from it

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome great advice!
What do y’all think about underhand movements?
underhand tricep extension or underhand bench? Been told that really helps but never seem to notice much from it

I said to use supinated grip as the second part of One Arm Tricep Pushdowns super-set.

However, benching and other shit sounds stupid supinated.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't argue with hulks results but extensions just don't cut it for me. Too much pain for starters so the weight I use can never be enough for adaptation.

Floor press to beat the **** out of the triceps.

Then later on pushdowns and jm press with ssb.

I will say partials are for real he is right there. Accommodating resistance will do wonders too. Try floor press with chain or bands.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't argue with hulks results but extensions just don't cut it for me. Too much pain for starters so the weight I use can never be enough for adaptation.

Floor press to beat the **** out of the triceps.

Then later on pushdowns and jm press with ssb.

I will say partials are for real he is right there. Accommodating resistance will do wonders too. Try floor press with chain or bands.

Oh I didn't think to say bands; I've never tried them, but every elite strong lifter uses them, so they should be tried since they keep tension on ya.

Glad you said extensions **** you, that's a great reason backing up "go experiment"

Oh floor presses helped my bench go up many moons ago, forgot all about my whole battle!

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The both of you talking about partials has me interested. Need to research this some and possibly give it a whirl. Appreciated.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The both of you talking about partials has me interested. Need to research this some and possibly give it a whirl. Appreciated.

Yea, and don't forget it's all about the muscle-mind connection with the constant tension partials give you.

A correct "partial rep" is using correct form, and stopping before both end points of full ROM. Example is DB extensions: you would stop before locking out your elbows (one end point) and before going to your temples (the other end point).

Also note all the big ass "freaks" of BBing use partials.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea, and don't forget it's all about the muscle-mind connection with the constant tension partials give you.

A correct "partial rep" is using correct form, and stopping before both end points of full ROM. Example is DB extensions: you would stop before locking out your elbows (one end point) and before going to your temples (the other end point).

Also note all the big ass "freaks" of BBing use partials.
I would have to agree with this observation.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I forgot:

Sometimes I hit triceps after chest. It's always after heavy bench pressing, so my triceps are already worked a bit.

However, most of the time I stick to a day dedicated for Triceps+Biceps because I train 1 body part a day.

So when you say partial reps do you go shy of lockout at the elbow but still all the way down ? Or just halfway down for extensions etc..

ive always been taught to lockout or extend all the way down for tricep extensions
but I will give your way a try

Last edited:

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I said to use supinated grip as the second part of One Arm Tricep Pushdowns super-set.

However, benching and other shit sounds stupid supinated.

Thanks and you sure did put that I missed it my bad

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So when you say partial reps do you go shy of lockout at the elbow but still all the way down ? Or just halfway down for extensions etc..

ive always been taught to lockout or extend all the way down for tricep extensions
but I will give your way a try

1. You HAVE to go by feeling.

2. Stop before locking out, at the point your tricep is strained/struggles the most.

3. Stop before the DBs are fully lowered, when your triceps are strained/struggles the most. For MY arms, I stop when the DB is at part of my temple, at the top 1/2" of my ear.

4. Use a weight heavy enough to feel the straining. Too light and you will never find the sweet spot.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
1. You HAVE to go by feeling.

2. Stop before locking out, at the point your tricep is strained/struggles the most.

3. Stop before the DBs are fully lowered, when your triceps are strained/struggles the most. For MY arms, I stop when the DB is at part of my temple, at the top 1/2" of my ear.

4. Use a weight heavy enough to feel the straining. Too light and you will never find the sweet spot.

Thanks my friend will try today
Have shoulders and triceps here in a bit will implement your tricep technique into my workout today

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
I like:

Close grip bench
Skull crushers
Overhead french press
Dips

5-8 reps heavy. I thrown one cable thing in at the end (high reps).

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So just to chime in, i did tris today as part of full upper body workout, and did the partial reps like was mentioned, holy shit did that blow them up. Ill be doing that from now on.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So just to chime in, i did tris today as part of full upper body workout, and did the partial reps like was mentioned, holy shit did that blow them up. Ill be doing that from now on.

QUESTION!

Were you ballsy enough to do forced partial reps on your last set?

Yes, the last partial reps turn into 1/4 reps (like jason Huh does) and you beg God for relief. The pump is unmatched, though. Your skin will feel like it will rip off after finishing.

The words you wrote means you did partials correctly! ****ing GREAT job!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
QUESTION!

Were you ballsy enough to do forced partial reps on your last set?

Yes, the last partial reps turn into 1/4 reps (like jason Huh does) and you beg God for relief. The pump is unmatched, though. Your skin will feel like it will rip off after finishing.

The words you wrote means you did partials correctly! ****ing GREAT job!

no forced reps, today was a lighter day but I’ll be sure to give that a try next week during the heavy days.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Hulk second day trying your tricep routine and using the partial reps as you described first day didn’t feel great but wasn’t used to it today the second time felt great and I really felt that mind muscle connection and got my triceps screaming loved it!! Thanks brother
will def be my new training style for triceps

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I tried out the reverse grip tricep push downs, hurt my elbow. Probably won't be doing those much if at all.

The partials were fun, got a great pump. I've worked my tri's enough to where it takes a fair amount of work for them to fail, and I hit that yesterday.

New Threads