Triceps routine?

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hulk second day trying your tricep routine and using the partial reps as you described first day didn’t feel great but wasn’t used to it today the second time felt great and I really felt that mind muscle connection and got my triceps screaming loved it!! Thanks brother
will def be my new training style for triceps

Awesome! Mind+muscle connection=the #1 most important thing to lifting. Size and strength will not reach 100% of your potential without it.

I tried out the reverse grip tricep push downs, hurt my elbow. Probably won't be doing those much if at all.

The partials were fun, got a great pump. I've worked my tri's enough to where it takes a fair amount of work for them to fail, and I hit that yesterday.

Happy to hear! I am not surprised about the reverse grip. There is one more thing that may help:

I forgot to add important info for the reverse grip pushdowns: You can't keep perfect form AND the lockout is important.

I tried before. The weight is too light to keep good form. I have to swing a little to lock out my elbow. The lockout is the only way to feel my long head being squeezed.

You can try again with the changes. However, if they don't work, they don't work. If I told you to keep doing it regardless, it would be like someone telling me to keep doing dips, which is retarded!

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks HS, I may try them out again on next week's session just to feel it out some more.

At this point I would be more interested in finding a way to grow my biceps that doesn't aggravate my tendinitis more than trying to build my triceps. Thankfully I'm pretty much over it at this point but am admittedly scared of re-injury. It was bad enough last time it completely took me out of the gym.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks HS, I may try them out again on next week's session just to feel it out some more.

At this point I would be more interested in finding a way to grow my biceps that doesn't aggravate my tendinitis more than trying to build my triceps. Thankfully I'm pretty much over it at this point but am admittedly scared of re-injury. It was bad enough last time it completely took me out of the gym.

Ah lawd is this the creation of a biceps anatomy/physiology/kinesiology+exercises thread?

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Maybe we should kick off a separate thread for that one lol
Yes, they definitely deserve their own thread. I was watching a video from Athlean X on hitting both heads of the bicep. It was pretty enlightening.

love this thread and a very interesting discussion. It’s all about optimizing angles and keeping the tricep head under tension.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes, they definitely deserve their own thread. I was watching a video from Athlean X on hitting both heads of the bicep. It was pretty enlightening.

love this thread and a very interesting discussion. It’s all about optimizing angles and keeping the tricep head under tension.

Oh God; Athlean is so full of shit. He takes scientitic truths, adds some buzz words, and adds any bullshit needed to make videos long enough.

I watched his vid since you mentioned it. He's such a money maker, which I don't hate for; I hate telling people BS.

Bicep development=1 video worth of info. 2 exercises would be plenty for direct work. I'll make a thread soon. Remember, like this thread, I tell the science, recommend a few exercises, and tell everyone to experiment and find the best for you.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Oh God; Athlean is so full of shit. He takes scientitic truths, adds some buzz words, and adds any bullshit needed to make videos long enough.

I watched his vid since you mentioned it. He's such a money maker, which I don't hate for; I hate telling people BS.

Bicep development=1 video worth of info. 2 exercises would be plenty for direct work. I'll make a thread soon. Remember, like this thread, I tell the science, recommend a few exercises, and tell everyone to experiment and find the best for you.

I hear ya on the shill routine. I take what I want from it and leave the rest. The anatomy lesson was worthwhile to me.

New Threads