Mitchpdavis Helios Nutrition Log

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
301.2 in uniform...

lets talk streaching .. should I be stretching daily ? Multiple times a day? Or only when I work the muscle?

Stretching is great.

That being said said it should probably be on the very bottom of your priority list.

Diet
exercise
sleep

these are critical. Don’t put too much on your plate at once.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...given your current body composition and previous lack of training I would say there is nothing wrong with stretching out on a daily basis.

Recently had a friend of my boys start joining us in the gym and when he attempts to touch his toes he can make it to his knees. You don't want a restriction on your mobility like that. To Jin's point I wouldn't stretch instead of exercise, but add to your daily regimen.

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
Day 5 and I’m so damn exhausted I can’t stay steal without nodding out. Tried coffee.. no dice.. wth? This can’t be normal?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Day 5 and I’m so damn exhausted I can’t stay steal without nodding out. Tried coffee.. no dice.. wth? This can’t be normal?
Hey Mitch you have to push through buddy. You're completely changing everything you eat to include volume and adding a far more intensive exercise routine than you're used to. It takes time to adjust, you didn't get to your highest weight overnight.

How are you sleeping?

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
Hey Mitch you have to push through buddy. You're completely changing everything you eat to include volume and adding a far more intensive exercise routine than you're used to. It takes time to adjust, you didn't get to your highest weight overnight.

How are you sleeping?

man I sleep great from 9:30 ish 10pm to about 6 am .. but I’m just drained.. boss asked me if I was sick today.. said I looked pail and run down..
i fadded our at my desk during my lunch, then started nodding out while driving home..

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
HWC is dead on. Make sure you’re get a good nights rest. That doesn’t mean a lazy day but make sure you get 8+ hours of sleep. Your body needs to recover from incense workouts.

Cardio and a calorie deficit alone will make you feel really run down. The trick is to learn the difference between feeling rundown from cutting and rundown to the point you aren’t recovering and your body will start to protect itself. (You aren’t there yet)

Whats your average weekly weight Loss? You’ll want to run it by Spongy. To drastic of a lose will be counter productive and leave you rundown past that point I mentioned. You want to lose just the right amount to maximize the loss without overdoing it. As we mentioned, time is the biggest aid.

This is hard.... one day you’ll learn to love it and you’ll miss it when you take breaks.

Edit: just saw the 8 hours of sleep. Try and get an extra hour. If that doesn’t help and your weight loss isn’t excessive.... we’ll it sucks but power through it.

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
HWC is dead on. Make sure you’re get a good nights rest. That doesn’t mean a lazy day but make sure you get 8+ hours of sleep. Your body needs to recover from incense workouts.

Cardio and a calorie deficit alone will make you feel really run down. The trick is to learn the difference between feeling rundown from cutting and rundown to the point you aren’t recovering and your body will start to protect itself. (You aren’t there yet)

Whats your average weekly weight Loss? You’ll want to run it by Spongy. To drastic of a lose will be counter productive and leave you rundown past that point I mentioned. You want to lose just the right amount to maximize the loss without overdoing it. As we mentioned, time is the biggest aid.

This is hard.... one day you’ll learn to love it and you’ll miss it when you take breaks.

Edit: just saw the 8 hours of sleep. Try and get an extra hour. If that doesn’t help and your weight loss isn’t excessive.... we’ll it sucks but power through it.

Yea my sleep schedule is good, my weight drop rate isn’t too dramatic so I’m told, it’s just a matter of getting use to it I guess... The foods I’m eating are beating my ass into the ground..

i just woke woke up from a solid 4-5 hour nap... it was totally unexpected.. I just laid on the couch for a few minutes waiting on my wife to come home... next thing I know I’m waking up to my kids telling me good night.. screwed my diet up, screwed my workout schedule up.. I’m so pissed off !!

Im going to bed , tomorrow is a new day, I’ll start it off right and push through it and see how it works.

Weight for today is 301.4

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Obviously make sure you don’t impact your job. Taking care of your family is job one. Might even think about giving your Bose a head start up that you’re trying to lose weight for health reasons and that he shouldn’t hesitate to let you know if it impacts your job in any way.

keep in mind napping is another way your body lowers its caloric need. If you drop your calories but your daily activity gets reduce by always being sluggish and napping, you’re defeating the point. You burn the most calories just moving around being busy being alive on a given day.

A four hour hour extra nap once or twice a week to aid recovery is probably ok. If it’s falling asleep at the wheel or during work, cut some cardio. (Again, after you discuss with Spongy)

At the end of they day, you know yourself well enough to judge the line. Maybe start slower and then raise the intensity. Most on here would say to stick with it but ultimately you have to figure out what levels going to keep you doing this for the next year or two. (To start)

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
Obviously make sure you don’t impact your job. Taking care of your family is job one. Might even think about giving your Bose a head start up that you’re trying to lose weight for health reasons and that he shouldn’t hesitate to let you know if it impacts your job in any way.

keep in mind napping is another way your body lowers its caloric need. If you drop your calories but your daily activity gets reduce by always being sluggish and napping, you’re defeating the point. You burn the most calories just moving around being busy being alive on a given day.

A four hour hour extra nap once or twice a week to aid recovery is probably ok. If it’s falling asleep at the wheel or during work, cut some cardio. (Again, after you discuss with Spongy)

At the end of they day, you know yourself well enough to judge the line. Maybe start slower and then raise the intensity. Most on here would say to stick with it but ultimately you have to figure out what levels going to keep you doing this for the next year or two. (To start)

man I just got a solid 12 hours of sleep... I haven’t done that in years. My body hurts from being in bed so long, family is good, wife is backing me up 110% , boss can kiss my fat ass. I got a 4 hour nap plus 12 hours of sleep , my head hurts I’m hungry as hell.
Im not giving up I’ll keep pushing, but I’m not Superman either.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Go on Mitch you can do this shit, head down and keep going everything will come together with enough determination

man I just got a solid 12 hours of sleep... I haven’t done that in years. My body hurts from being in bed so long, family is good, wife is backing me up 110% , boss can kiss my fat ass. I got a 4 hour nap plus 12 hours of sleep , my head hurts I’m hungry as hell.
Im not giving up I’ll keep pushing, but I’m not Superman either.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Give me a brief outline of what a training day looks like now including meal times and I'll see if we need to make some adjustments.

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
Give me a brief outline of what a training day looks like now including meal times and I'll see if we need to make some adjustments.

alarm 5:30 am
meal #1 by 6:15 am
morning meds
kids on the bus by 715
clock in at work 7:30 ish
meal #2 10:00am
meal #3 2:00pm
leave work by 5:00 pm
home by 5:20
meal #4 by 5:45
leave for gym by 6:30 ish
cardio for 30 minutes
work last for about an hour or less so by 8:30 I’m done and headed back to the house for meal #5
then by 9-9:45 I’m trying meal #6
then shower and bed by 10-10:30

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
That’s a good day! You’ll see a lot of people refer to Bodybuilding as a selfish sport - it is. Be grateful your wife is behind you. A lot of people struggle and their spouses sabotage them out of jealous. (It’s really really common)

Keep
in mind the beginning is the hardest part. Over the next two or three months your body will get used to the recovery pattern and the random aches and pains will go away. A lot of us forget what it’s like in the beginning. (I’m newer) After awhile it becomes the exhausted tough feeling - not the aches and pains.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I hope he is still hanging in

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Even if something happened, come back and give it another go.

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
My apologies, for not updating. I did have to stop the diet program and return to eating more normal foods, i added some fruits and vegetables to the mix and backed off the hardcore protein intake. It took about 2 almost 3 days and I started to feel better again, my energy levels cane back and most importantly I was no longer falling asleep while driving or at work( my biggest problem) I don’t know why it was happening. I think the dramatic change in diet was not accepted by my body. I ended up not having a bowl movement for 6 days and that ended very badly.
So I took last week off completely from the gym, I got in a large amount of walking so I didn’t become lazy, and I returned to the gym last Saturday.
I feel bad that I’ve let spongy down however I think the plan may have been more geared towards an individual that was already in fair shape if not already eating properly.
I have decided to stick with the current diet plan I’m on which is spony’s just altered to include more fiber. Not too sure if that was an issue before but I know on day 6 I was not a happy camper. And I won’t force myself to eat so much food, I know I know( fuel the fire) but guys that’s just too much for me.. I feel so bloated and weighed down.

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
Also, I’ll stick with the work out plan, because I couldn’t tell you if I was doing any good or bad in that area .
Side note I’m still losing weight, 296.3 , I did stall out but I’ve heard that happens from time to time..
mans today we did a lumbar nerve ablasion on the right side.. (burn the nerves out so I don’t feel pain) so hopefully in a week or so I’ll bee 100% again.

Mitchpdavis

Reaction score
Will I try the diet again? Absolutely!! I think I just need to build up to it some.. going from 3 small meals of random foods to 6 solid meals of Whole Foods a day was killer.. I don’t think I was ready for that..

New Threads