Thanks

China will criminalize steroid use next year

China will criminalize steroid use next year to prove it is serious about fighting doping in sports ahead of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.

China has promised to criminalize the use of anabolic steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) sometime next year according government officials. The new anti-doping legislation will include prison terms for athletes convicted of using prohibited PEDs.

Gou Zhongwen, the director of the Chinese State General Administration of Sports, has proposed the new anti-doping legislation in order to prove to the world that China is serious about stopping steroid use and doping in sports.

“We are nearing the end of our study and research into a judicial interpretation on anti-doping,” Zhongwen said. “It will be promulgated in 2019, probably in early 2019. Those guilty of doping will face criminal punishments.”

China is criminalizing doping as a public relations move in advance of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.
    The timing of the announcement is no coincidence. China is set to host the 2022 Winter Olympic Games at venues in Beijing and other towns in the Hebei province between February 4, 2022 and February 20, 2022.

“It is our will to show the world we are really serious about anti-doping,” Zhongwen said, “and are taking concrete measures on fight against doping.”

China has a history of enacting stricter anti-doping legislation prior to major international sporting events. Government officials did the same thing when the 2008 Summer Olympics came to China.

China announced a crackdown on Chinese steroid powder suppliers prior to the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The crackdown was clearly only temporary. The large-scale manufacture and export of steroid powder quickly resumed after the Olympic Games ended.

China currently supplies up to 99% of the raw steroid powder for the underground laboratories (UGLs) that manufacture steroid products for the androgen black market. China is the undisputable go-to source for steroid powder. This is well-known by bodybuilders, dealers, anti-doping officials and government officials.

If China really wants to crack down on doping, it will do much more than throw a few athletes in prison.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadhead For This Useful Post:

snake (02-28-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,161 Posts
    Should this worry us or is this just for the sheep who think any kind of testing is a worthwhile endeavor?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,827 Times in 7,703 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    Should this worry us or is this just for the sheep who think any kind of testing is a worthwhile endeavor?
    Well, you could stock up a bit because initially they will put on a show. Prices will likely go up.

But long term I don't think they will dry up as a powder source. And even if they did, some place in Europe or wherever would fill the void.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

Gadawg (02-27-2019),John Ziegler (02-28-2019),Uncle manny (02-27-2019)

Thanks
    Damn! I'm calculating how many vials of test is needed for 40 years right now lol

I need 209 vials ($8,360) of Test E 300, and 1ml/wk will last me 40 years. Not a big dose, but its to stay normal if AAS dries up!
    Last edited by hulksmash; 02-27-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolSteel View Post
    Pro genetics for not dying.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hulksmash For This Useful Post:

j2048b (02-28-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
    Damn! I'm calculating how many vials of test is needed for 40 years right now lol

I need 209 vials ($8,360) of Test E 300, and 1ml/wk will last me 40 years. Not a big dose, but its to stay normal if AAS dries up!
    You better start making your own for that price lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post

lol,
    Nice calculation.

I would relax on Chinas political agenda, I assume they say this because they plan on abusing AA's to beat everyone for the gold medals in 2022.

Let me guess what their quote will be on 2022 " We are the best and we did it naturally".
    Last edited by Dr.who; 02-27-2019 at 10:13 PM.

"There is no litter in my litter box" Phil L
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,581 Times in 1,216 Posts
    It already is illegal in China to export powders and HGH....Has been for many years.....This new law is about finished products, someone caught with a few vials of Test E will be in violation of the new law. Yet there are already laws on the books for possession already. So in reality this press release is just a publicity stunt.....Laws and penalties already exist.....
    Everything heals with semen- Rise 2018

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flyingdragon For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (02-28-2019),silvereyes87 (03-03-2019),snake (02-28-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,777 Times in 1,685 Posts
    Also the Chinese citizens don't give a damn they want to make money they beg us for business I mean literally pester the shit out of us.

It's always been illegal to export to the US.
    Knock Em Down and Keep Em Down!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SFGiants For This Useful Post:

silvereyes87 (03-03-2019),snake (02-28-2019)

Thanks
    I just thought it was interesting figured it was worth a read.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadhead For This Useful Post:

snake (02-28-2019)

Thanks
    Who cares if its illegal to use, doesn't say anything about having souvenirs