your parry on my training

Reaction score
your parry on my training

I wanted to share how many days I train at the week and the groups I train; I've been doing it for 5 years now, with good results; there is a small but constant growth;
but I do not know if sharing things with you could be optimized, for more results

Monday: chest - shoulders - biceps
Tuesday: back - triceps
Wednesday: legs
Thursday: chest - shoulders - biceps
friday .: rest
Saturday: back - triceps

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Depends totally on your size, intensity level, and genetics. In general, I think most advanced lifters see the best results from very intense workouts with long recovery periods.

I.E. direct training of each muscle group only once per week with very intense but brief workouts. Genetics and amounts of drugs used will determine if recovery is possible with higher frequency training.

I can tell you right off the bat that youre likely overtraining some muscles. Bicep day right before back day as an example

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Is this for you or your cousin?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're training the same muscle groups repeatedly with your split. Check out the training sub-forum stat.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are having a problem understanding.

Look at it this way:

Monday: chest - shoulders - biceps
Tuesday: back - triceps
Wednesday: legs
Thursday: chest - shoulders - biceps
friday .: rest
Saturday: back - triceps

Monday you're hitting chest/shoulders/biceps. Then on Tuesday you hit back/triceps. These are the exact same muscles you worked on Monday since when you work chest you work the tricep and when you work back you work the bicep. You're basically doing the same thing over and over with a leg day thrown in there. No wonder you haven't seen much progress.

As snake indicated, you're hitting the same muscle groups back to back multiple times per week. Given a long enough time line this is a fantastic way to **** yourself up with an injury. Consider when you work chest, you should be doing enough exercises for chest to consume the entire workout.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to training legs on Sunday (or before) you go back to chest, shoulders, biceps.

DeltaWave

Reaction score
explain yourself better

They both explained themselves perfectly well.

Could probably take the ego down a notch too.

Look into other types of splits if your progress is starting to slow/plateau. Could also change up the way you approach your training.
if you’ve been training for 5 years, you should have realised 5 years ago that you’re training the same muscle groups consecutively.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
They both explained themselves perfectly well.

Could probably take the ego down a notch too.

He speaks no English and is working through a translator program. I don’t think directness equals ego in this case.

Reaction score
according to you and in your opinion, how many ideal days for a complete mass program,
how many days should you go
and what to train in those days
for ones that make at most one cycle of ostarine and stand on mk677

Reaction score
contrary to belief muscles aren't made in the gym. Rest and recovery days are crucial to letting your muscles heal and grow.

Reaction score
according to you a maximum standard, to obtain mass
in a week as it would be

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I think, and HWC tried to explain it, you need to look at how much each muscle is getting hit and when. A good example is the muscles in the shoulder. Short of seated calve raises, there's no many exercises that don't involve the shoulder to some extent. Stop thinking "Lifting" and start thinking Kinesiology.

This is just my opinion but try to hit each muscle no more then twice a week. Hope I helped.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
You have to find out what works for your body. Everyone is different but I think choosing volume over intensity is the biggest mistake made by most people in the gym. Doubt this will mean a whole lot to you but here's my split for example.
Chest
Back and Rear Delts
Rest
Shoulders and Traps
Arms
Legs
Rest

I also do abs and cardio 7 days a week

I typically only do 5-7 work sets per bodypart.

BUT
this is only what I have found works best for ME after many many years of experimentation.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Maybe adjust your current program slightly. Maybe try a Push, Pull, Legs split.

Day 1-Push
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps

Day 2-Pull
Back
Biceps
Rear Delts

Day 3-Legs
Quads
Hams
Calves

Run them in that order, and repeat. Put in rest days where appropriate. I'd recommend a rest day between Back Day and Leg Day, especially if you're doing exercises like Squats and/or Deadlifts that you'll want a recovered back for.

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Maybe adjust your current program slightly. Maybe try a Push, Pull, Legs split.

Day 1-Push
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps

Day 2-Pull
Back
Biceps
Rear Delts

Day 3-Legs
Quads
Hams
Calves

Run them in that order, and repeat. Put in rest days where appropriate. I'd recommend a rest day between Back Day and Leg Day, especially if you're doing exercises like Squats and/or Deadlifts that you'll want a recovered back for.

Another option for this if you want to do like a 3 on 1 off is to start with legs, then do push, pull.
Gives you a day between legs and back. Really helps once you throw heavy squats and deads into the mix

New Threads