Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 163
  1. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,901
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 777 Times in 533 Posts
    No one has spent 10 weeks for pre-contest, or a cut, or a bulk?

    I find it hard to believe no one here has done a 10-week cut and prepped food, had cheat meals, and changed training and can't answer my question in the first post.


  2. #26
    Veteran MrRippedZilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    518
    Thanked 2,249 Times in 867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
    No one has spent 10 weeks for pre-contest, or a cut, or a bulk?
    Not really the same question as your OP. You asked about 10 week recomps specifically.

    I've done, and coached, folks through 10 week cuts/bulks but never a 10 week recomp because that is only a viable approach for beginners (who can recomp with ease) or folks coming back from a long layoff (again, recomp with ease). Though even with those groups I'd question limiting it to 10 weeks. Regardless, for everyone else, I think a 10wk recomp is an inefficient way to about things.
    Proud misanthropist.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

    silvereyes87 (03-09-2019),Trump (03-06-2019)

  4. #27
    Administrator PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,961
    Thanks
    2,192
    Thanked 18,315 Times in 7,902 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
    For those who have used the chatbox recently, you have seen me mention a 10-week recomp and how I started it on Tuesday. This 10 week period is a blast. I know 10 weeks is bordering on being an adequate amount of time (I was wanting to do 20 weeks), but that was all I could afford to buy in bulk. Also, I can keep the blast going by ordering more later in the blast.

    With that said, what are some of the things ya'll would do for a 10 or more week recomp? I'm wanting to know your personal choices for:
    • Food prep
    • Cheat meals-frequency/foods/amount of calories/intake timing
    • Protein intake-timing/amount/choices
    • Calories-intake/timing/restricting or not
    • Training-frequency/duration/weight selection


    Thanks everyone, and I can't wait for your replies!
    In just 10 weeks you may not achieve the result you can envision but it's a start...

    The way I usually approach a recomp is by training 4 x per week. 2 very heavy days, one speed or dynamic day and then a conditioning day with sleds or kettlebells.

    I keep fats fairly low, carbs very high and just under a gram of protein per pound of lean mass.

    And tren
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  5. #28
    Elite Straight30weight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,980
    Thanks
    1,375
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post

    And tren
    Apparently this shit is magic....
    Now if you know what you’re worth then get out there and get what you’re worth

  6. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,901
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 777 Times in 533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    Not really the same question as your OP. You asked about 10 week recomps specifically.

    I've done, and coached, folks through 10 week cuts/bulks but never a 10 week recomp because that is only a viable approach for beginners (who can recomp with ease) or folks coming back from a long layoff (again, recomp with ease). Though even with those groups I'd question limiting it to 10 weeks. Regardless, for everyone else, I think a 10wk recomp is an inefficient way to about things.
    Yea, I had trouble trying to define what I'm doing besides simply saying "blasting".

    That's why I wrote the bulleted points, so everyone can say what they have done.for any 10 week, or longer, period that had a set goal.

    My apologies for the lacl of clarity. Now you can maybe give your experience for the bulleted items.

  7. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,901
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 777 Times in 533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    In just 10 weeks you may not achieve the result you can envision but it's a start...

    The way I usually approach a recomp is by training 4 x per week. 2 very heavy days, one speed or dynamic day and then a conditioning day with sleds or kettlebells.

    I keep fats fairly low, carbs very high and just under a gram of protein per pound of lean mass.

    And tren
    Thanks for the input!

    That helps, because I'm taking everyone's data, extrapolating any methods and choices I deem applicable, and appying it to my blast.

  8. #31
    Elite motown1002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    with the unicorns
    Posts
    1,592
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
    For those who have used the chatbox recently, you have seen me mention a 10-week recomp and how I started it on Tuesday. This 10 week period is a blast. I know 10 weeks is bordering on being an adequate amount of time (I was wanting to do 20 weeks), but that was all I could afford to buy in bulk. Also, I can keep the blast going by ordering more later in the blast.

    With that said, what are some of the things ya'll would do for a 10 or more week recomp? I'm wanting to know your personal choices for:
    • Food prep
    • Cheat meals-frequency/foods/amount of calories/intake timing
    • Protein intake-timing/amount/choices
    • Calories-intake/timing/restricting or not
    • Training-frequency/duration/weight selection


    Thanks everyone, and I can't wait for your replies!

    When prepping for a show my prep time was approx. 12 weeks. I know this isn't exactly what you asked but it might help a little.

    Food Prep - Every sunday the and now I prep my food for the week. Chicken, lean beef, turkey, Jazmine rice and red potatoes.
    Cheat Meals - Every Friday was my cheat meal up until 4 weeks out. Monday and Thursday I had carb load for last meal. (meal 7)
    Protein intake - Kept at 1.5g per pound of body weight. Mostly in the form of food. One shake per day
    Calories - With an increase in cardio I didn't drop cals until my weight loss leveled out, then dropped my calories weekly until bf was under 4%.
    Training - This stayed normal 5 days per week, normal bb workout until 4 weeks out. At that point, lighter weights and super sets were my best friend.

    Sups - Test, tren, var, clen and T3


    Hope this helps a little.
    MO

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to motown1002 For This Useful Post:

    silvereyes87 (03-09-2019)

  10. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,901
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 777 Times in 533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by motown1002 View Post
    When prepping for a show my prep time was approx. 12 weeks. I know this isn't exactly what you asked but it might help a little.

    Food Prep - Every sunday the and now I prep my food for the week. Chicken, lean beef, turkey, Jazmine rice and red potatoes.
    Cheat Meals - Every Friday was my cheat meal up until 4 weeks out. Monday and Thursday I had carb load for last meal. (meal 7)
    Protein intake - Kept at 1.5g per pound of body weight. Mostly in the form of food. One shake per day
    Calories - With an increase in cardio I didn't drop cals until my weight loss leveled out, then dropped my calories weekly until bf was under 4%.
    Training - This stayed normal 5 days per week, normal bb workout until 4 weeks out. At that point, lighter weights and super sets were my best friend.

    Sups - Test, tren, var, clen and T3


    Hope this helps a little.
    MO
    Yes, thank you! 100% what i wanted! Since I'm losing fat AND gaining muscle, your answers were wanted.

    I can take away many things, such as cheat meal protocol.

  11. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,901
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 777 Times in 533 Posts
    Day 8 of the my blast:



    My goals for lifts are:
    • Flat DB Bench w/ 220lb Dbs-17 reps minimum (Eric Spotos's limit)
    • 940lb Deadlift. Cailer Woolam's limit
    • 890lb Front Squat. Above Derek Kendall.
    • 251lb Strict Bar Curl. Above Denis Cyplenkov.
    • 450lbs BB Overhead Press. Above Josh Bryant.
    • #4 Captains of Crush Gripper. Only 5 people to close it.


    Obviously, those goals continue past 10 weeks lol

  12. #34
    Elite transcend2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,157
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
    Day 8 of the my blast:



    My goals for lifts are:
    • Flat DB Bench w/ 220lb Dbs-17 reps minimum (Eric Spotos's limit)
    • 940lb Deadlift. Cailer Woolam's limit
    • 890lb Front Squat. Above Derek Kendall.
    • 251lb Strict Bar Curl. Above Denis Cyplenkov.
    • 450lbs BB Overhead Press. Above Josh Bryant.
    • #4 Captains of Crush Gripper. Only 5 people to close it.


    Obviously, those goals continue past 10 weeks lol
    You have great hair for the massive numbers you do and have done ... some of us aren't so lucky ... lol
    HRT for life!

  13. #35
    Veteran DieYoungStrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,828
    Thanks
    5,194
    Thanked 7,251 Times in 3,184 Posts
    I’m also extremely jealous of your abundant amount of hair. I have more hair on my back then head lol.
    A Strength First Athlete
    Bostin Lloyd would shit synthol if he deadlifted with me! - Jol
    E-fukking is jacking off minus the porn...

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DieYoungStrong For This Useful Post:

    silvereyes87 (03-09-2019),transcend2007 (03-08-2019)

  15. #36
    Elite transcend2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,157
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DieYoungStrong View Post
    I’m also extremely jealous of your abundant amount of hair. I have more hair on my back then head lol.
    I have more hair growing on my back and delt than my head ....
    HRT for life!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to transcend2007 For This Useful Post:

    DieYoungStrong (03-08-2019)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Helios Nutrition Recomp Guide
    By Spongy in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 05-08-2019, 01:00 PM
  2. My 3rd cycle, Recomp Bulk
    By McDuffy in forum Anabolic Steroid Cycle Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 09:31 AM
  3. Cut the flab recomp cycle
    By Desertmountainman in forum Members Online Journal
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 09:01 PM
  4. Recomp or Cut more? Where to go from here.
    By SuperBane in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 08:16 AM
  5. GHRP/CJC Height-Recomp Run
    By Psychenaut in forum Peptides And Growth Hormone
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 05:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •