Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

DNP and Metformin?

Anyone have any first hand experience running a DNP cycle while still taking Metformin for diabetes? Just curious if you would want to discontinue metformin while running a DNP cycle.

Tater

Thanks
    Seems to me like DNP might not be a good idea for a diabetic as I feel like it affected blood sugar levels. I’m not positive on this though I think we have some vets on here who actually have diabetes and may know better.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,210 Times in 7,861 Posts
    Tater shoot metsfan a pm on this if he doesn't reply.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

metsfan4life (03-05-2019),The Tater (03-05-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan69 View Post
    Seems to me like DNP might not be a good idea for a diabetic as I feel like it affected blood sugar levels. I’m not positive on this though I think we have some vets on here who actually have diabetes and may know better.
    That's kinda why I want to give it a short cycle (2 week or so) and see what it does to my glucose levels. I'm type 2 taking orals but from what I've read DNP and CRMP both have the ability to increase insulin sensitivity which is important to me. My body has a hard time burning fat because it is constantly trying to do something with all of the glucose in my blood. I can run calorie deficits of 500 cals and still not lose weight as my body always reaches homeostasis pretty quickly. I fluctuate between 230lbs and 220lbs constantly. I think short runs of DNP may prove to be effective at getting me over the hump.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 1,359 Posts
    What makes you think it effected your blood sugar??

Gibs looks absolutely nothing like The Rock, and no one has ever told him he does.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 1,359 Posts
    I think it helps regulate your blood sugar from what I read.
    Gibs looks absolutely nothing like The Rock, and no one has ever told him he does.

Thanks
    Im a type 1 diabetic so it may be a litter different. Also I am very odd to many drugs so my experience may vary from the "norm". When I run a DNP cycle, its a higher than avg dosage, but again that is my need, but my sugar tanks like crazy. I notice my blood sugar levels are in the tank primarily at night time, during the day they are normal. I tend to back off my Log insulin due to this and also reduce my long acting insulin (levimir) to an extent but also know that i need to take to some extent for regulation of standard. As far it effecting metformin, I cant really comment but I am sure someone on here may have experienced it in the past. From what I have seen others on here say, and from research, the DNP is going to take the carb/glucose and really use which in turn can shoot the sugar level down. if you are to run a cycle of DNP, i would recommend you monitor your sugar levels closely but you should do that regardless

9. The Following User Says Thank You to metsfan4life For This Useful Post:

The Tater (03-05-2019)

Thanks
    ^^^ sorry if i rambled and kind of hard to read. my current sugar is sub 60 right now (no, not running DNP)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to metsfan4life For This Useful Post:

The Tater (03-05-2019)

Thanks
    oh and I def would not recommend you discontinue your meds as you will need to see how the DNP effects your body while using your prescribed dosages of Rx. run your cycle of it at a base line and monitor in order to see how your body does with normal med levels but with the addition of DNP. from there, you will get a good idea on how to proceed in the future as far as Rx levels and DNP tolerance

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to metsfan4life For This Useful Post:

Texan69 (03-07-2019),The Tater (03-05-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    What makes you think it effected your blood sugar??
    It made me feel real shaky and weak like when I haven’t eaten in a while or when I’ve done low carb diets
    but I never checked blood sugar so I could be wrong, just going off feeling

Thanks
    Hi everyone, I'm new here but I've been reading the DNP forum for a long time.

It made me feel real shaky and weak like when I haven’t eaten in a while or when I’ve done low carb diets
    but I never checked blood sugar so I could be wrong, just going off feeling
    No, nothing to see, your weakness is not due to low blood sugar, I've been through that before and I also thought that was the reason for tiredness, dizziness or feeling of weakness.

The reason is basically lack of hydration and electrolytes, you should increase your water consumption if it is not high (it is not necessary to exaggerate), and take more sodium in your water and meals, potassium (more veggies) and magnesium in suplement shape.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,818 Times in 4,672 Posts
    Welcome to UGDNP. THE Safespot for DNP talk on the Internet.

You shall know the truth and the truth will make you odd.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Beti ona (03-08-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast