EC pre workout crashing blood sugar?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Anyone had any kind of exp with taking EC as a preworkout and having it somehow crash your sugar?

twice in the past week I’ve been at the gym and felt like my sugar was dropping. Once after the workout was done to the point I couldn’t drive home and again today I felt it happening during my workout and had to cut it short and get out of there.

ive felt like my heart was really racing not all that long into the workout session, I ate breakfast at work and had some trail mix on the way to the gym today.

Wondering it the EC got things cooking too much and I burned through my glucose way faster than I normally would have.

Ive been using it as a pre workout for a while and this has never happened before but it’s about the only thing I can think of that may be causing it.

and before anyone askes, no I’m not diabetic and I’m on no other meds except for my test

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
My experience with E is that it ramps my metabolism up about 30%. This is based on wearing a heart rate watch all day.

It shouldn’t have an effect but if your body can’t adjust and release enough sugar in response to the increased matabolism and workout demands, I could certainly see it leading to that reaction.

Maybe take an intra-workout to see if it helps? I never use that but it’ll at least tell you if that’s the issue.

On a side note, I hate E and have a special place in my heart for Y.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
Ephedrine and Caffiene

edit: he has lazy asthma

Damn, I am slow lol

I had to stop using caffeine years ago after years of using it with no issues. It started to make me have heart palpitations. I did abuse the hell out of the ECA(Aspirin) stack for years though. It worked great until my body decided that I couldn't use it anymore.

The Tater

Elite
Reaction score
Your blood glucose will drop with exercise. I don’t think the EC necessarily exasperates that but I do feel the same thing so maybe there is some science behind it somewhere. I try to eat a little something before i take my EC.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
30% is about the same as 300mg dnp

My experience with E is that it ramps my metabolism up about 30%. This is based on wearing a heart rate watch all day.

It shouldn’t have an effect but if your body can’t adjust and release enough sugar in response to the increased matabolism and workout demands, I could certainly see it leading to that reaction.

Maybe take an intra-workout to see if it helps? I never use that but it’ll at least tell you if that’s the issue.

On a side note, I hate E and have a special place in my heart for Y.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
30% is waaaay over what ephedrine is doing for you. I can say when I overdo stims my sugar crashes. Tool gets this too.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
30% is about the same as 300mg dnp

Your’re right. The calories burned on the watches is based on your heart rate. The real effect isn’t 30% and I know it’s obviously not as effective as DNP. I should have caught that myself. It SJSU becomes less effective quicker l.

I guess my point was Ephedrine does more then I would have thought and I feel it’s possible the boost combined with the workout could lower blood sugar when used as a Pre.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Didnt use any today, granted workout was not as intense as most but it wasnt supposed to be today. Didnt have any issues with feeling like it was crashing or anything like it.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What was your dosing of EC ...?

I miss the good old days back when you could purchase the stack legally ...

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
25 of ephedrine and 200 caffeine

New Threads