injection questions

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I just pinned my quad with 1.5cc Of test E
and the test was very hard to push in, took me about 4 mins to push in all the test
using a 1 inch 25g. When I pulled out after pinning a hard lump formed in the muscle.
It hurts a little but not bad. And I’ve had a little wheezing for the last 30mins.
I did aspirate and used good injection technique

curious what this lump is, could it be a clot?
and what could cause the wheezing and slight cough? I’ve hit a vein before by mistake and had a cough fit but this isn’t the same type or intensity

my second concern it the last few weeks it’s become more and more difficult to pin into my quad. I have to push with all my strength and it takes several minutes for 1.5-2cc. I don’t feel any scar tissue and I don’t use the same spot for at least a week.

Now I did switch sources so maybe the test is very thick but it draws out very easy but I do use an 18g to draw.

thanks for any input, advice or tips

Last edited:

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do you not massage inject area???

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Have you used test e before? It is slightly thicker than cyp. I don't really know you or your experience level, are you new to pinning your quads, or the area you are pinning? Virgin muscle has a tendency to knot up...
You mentioned switching sources, maybe they used a heavier carrier oil...? Maybe it's actually deca? Idk...

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Try heating the oil first?

I have a few that knot up time to time. I just massage the area, and it goes away.

Sounds like you nicked a vein from my experience. That's the only time i cough or anything from injections.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
And massaging right after pinning is common sense...lol..yes, it helps major!

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Coughing is caused from the oil getting into the blood stream and going through the lungs.....
Knots are the bodys defense mechanism, u can get a knot from any compound that is injected, I repeat anything injected can cause a knot....The only person never to get a knot from pinning is Chuck Norris
Taking forever to inject in an area of the body is usually a pressure issue, u entered into an area where the pressure is going against the pressure coming out of the needle. In the future if u encounter this, stop injecting, pull out and try another area AND ALWAYS HEAT UP THE OIL PRIOR TO PINNING

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
You quad pinners are nuts. So many better places

Reactions: Jin

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Try heating the oil first?

I have a few that knot up time to time. I just massage the area, and it goes away.

Sounds like you nicked a vein from my experience. That's the only time i cough or anything from injections.

Ya i heated it, I didn’t help

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Have you used test e before? It is slightly thicker than cyp. I don't really know you or your experience level, are you new to pinning your quads, or the area you are pinning? Virgin muscle has a tendency to knot up...
You mentioned switching sources, maybe they used a heavier carrier oil...? Maybe it's actually deca? Idk...

Im sure it’s test e, I trust my source and I doubt they would make a mistake like that that. Ya I primarily only use test e for the past few years

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Coughing is caused from the oil getting into the blood stream and going through the lungs.....
Knots are the bodys defense mechanism, u can get a knot from any compound that is injected, I repeat anything injected can cause a knot....The only person never to get a knot from pinning is Chuck Norris
Taking forever to inject in an area of the body is usually a pressure issue, u entered into an area where the pressure is going against the pressure coming out of the needle. In the future if u encounter this, stop injecting, pull out and try another area AND ALWAYS HEAT UP THE OIL PRIOR TO PINNING

I aspirated and didn’t get any blood so not sure that I hit a vein...but could be wrong.
The last few quad pins I’ve still experienced the difficulty pushing the oil out and I move spots each time varying the site within the muscle. I pin from the side on the vastus lateralis , I see some people pin down from the top maybe that may be more shitiable for me but to me I see that as more risky as far as hitting he IT band

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I pin quads from the top, never tried the side....Test E is made typically without a solvent depending on the lab, so it will be a thicker solution.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stop using quads and see if it's still an issue. I am gonna bet it's just scar tissue.

You can also try a 23g

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Stop using quads and see if it's still an issue. I am gonna bet it's just scar tissue.

You can also try a 23g

That’s what I usually use but BD has been backed up for them lately.

Well i hope it’s nkt scar tissue cause my damn glutes are covered in scar tissue from being dumb years back and only using glutes
well deltoids and ventro glute it is.
Besides causing more scar tissue and having a hard time pinning is there any serious health risks associated with pinning into scar tissue? I assume the gear will still absorb but maybe slower?

Still got the cough and tightness in the chest a few hours later
now I’m worried I got a vein somehow eleven after aspirating and making sure I wasn’t in one. Shot wasted if got into a vein? I’ve always heard yes it’s wasted.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That’s what I usually use but BD has been backed up for them lately.

Well i hope it’s nkt scar tissue cause my damn glutes are covered in scar tissue from being dumb years back and only using glutes
well deltoids and ventro glute it is.
Besides causing more scar tissue and having a hard time pinning is there any serious health risks associated with pinning into scar tissue? I assume the gear will still absorb but maybe slower?

Still got the cough and tightness in the chest a few hours later
now I’m worried I got a vein somehow eleven after aspirating and making sure I wasn’t in one. Shot wasted if got into a vein? I’ve always heard yes it’s wasted.

It didn't go into a vein don't worry about that. Tightness in the chest hours later isn't due to the shot going into a vein.

You really should do something to address all this scar tissue if it's really that bad.