Quick question about test 250

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Hey guys I have recently acquired everything for my first cycle just waiting on my hcg to come in... my plans were to run test e 250 2x a week for 15 weeks. Many have said it was a good first cycle.... but I have a close friend that is trying to convince me to cut that in half for my first cycle, then for a later move to 500 a week. Basically he says it gives you a chance to slowly progress in your cycles instead of starting from a point that would have you useing much larger amounts for future cycles.... I'm new to this as yall all know ( thanks for patiently dealing with my many noob questions !) Basically I'm asking if his idea is a good one. Or should I just blast the 500 a week and roll on... would 250 a week provide good gains with less sides? He says that he would never go beyond 600 a week as its unnecessary if done right with proper diet and training. Any insight will be appreciated!

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
250 isn’t too much more than a replacement dose.

Tell your friend to join here so he can give you better advice in the future:)

Stick with your original plan.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
250 isn’t too much more than a replacement dose.

Tell your friend to join here so he can give you better advice in the future:)

Stick with your original plan.

Thank you.... I figured as much but wanted to be sure.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Also Instead of makeing a new thread I'll ask here... I have a few vials of test p as well is there any way/ to incorporate that into my cycle that would be beneficial? I'm not gonna be competing this year so I had thought about useing it in the beginning 3 weeks of the test e cycle to kick start... or should I just put it on the shelf?

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
That's great to know... is there any reason to go above 500 benifit wise in the future or is 600+ just overkill?

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Since it’s your first time just save it.

Competing in what?

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
And for future reference there's no reason you can't run 500 over and over again with excellent results.

That's great to know! Is there any real benifits to going 600+ or is 500 adequate

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have recently acquired everything for my first cycle just waiting on my hcg to come in... my plans were to run test e 250 2x a week for 15 weeks. Many have said it was a good first cycle.... but I have a close friend that is trying to convince me to cut that in half for my first cycle, then for a later move to 500 a week. Basically he says it gives you a chance to slowly progress in your cycles instead of starting from a point that would have you useing much larger amounts for future cycles.... I'm new to this as yall all know ( thanks for patiently dealing with my many noob questions !) Basically I'm asking if his idea is a good one. Or should I just blast the 500 a week and roll on... would 250 a week provide good gains with less sides? He says that he would never go beyond 600 a week as its unnecessary if done right with proper diet and training. Any insight will be appreciated!

There is no reason you can't run 500mg for every cycle you do. There is no need to escalate doses each cycle.

250 isn't going to do much at all.

First cycle is about assessing your response and learning anyway. Just focus on getting this right.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Also Instead of makeing a new thread I'll ask here... I have a few vials of test p as well is there any way/ to incorporate that into my cycle that would be beneficial? I'm not gonna be competing this year so I had thought about useing it in the beginning 3 weeks of the test e cycle to kick start... or should I just put it on the shelf?

No need to overcomplicate it. Save the prop.

One option though is to use prop for 2 weeks at the end of the planned cycle after you stop using enanthate. This enables you to start pct sooner.

I wouldn't suggest this on cycle 1

That's great to know... is there any reason to go above 500 benifit wise in the future or is 600+ just overkill?

Hell yes there is plenty of benefit.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Since it’s your first time just save it.

Competing in what?

Will be walking the stage eventually for mens physique..... but I put it off this year. Felt I needed some more work.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
No need to overcomplicate it. Save the prop.

One option though is to use prop for 2 weeks at the end of the planned cycle after you stop using enanthate. This enables you to start pct sooner.

I wouldn't suggest this on cycle 1

Hell yes there is plenty of benefit.

Awesome info. Thanks guys!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score

Just run one ester for now. Good change it wouldn't make a difference at the start but you want constancy until you know how your body reacts.

Gotta ask, why a guy who has never cycled before have some Test P laying around? Another thing, keep your friend but refrain from asking him any AAS questions.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Just run one ester for now. Good change it wouldn't make a difference at the start but you want constancy until you know how your body reacts.

Gotta ask, why a guy who has never cycled before have some Test P laying around? Another thing, keep your friend but refrain from asking him any AAS questions.

Well I was going to do a show, another freind who competes said it would come in handy and he had it left over so I ended up with it. And I'll make sure not take his advice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I havent done gear in quite some time now but if its your first cycle its always best to start low. 500 isnt much and is a good starting point though.

New Threads