Prolactin: why "control your E2 and everything will be fine" is both dangerous & wrong

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hear ya and I don't necessarily disagree, but to focus on the most likely things makes sense. Prioritize essentially. That can be tough for someone newer to jewcing and a short history of blood work to reference.

Yea, I was hoping my post inferred the use of common sense and check things like E2 first.

I'm trying to write with less trust in "oh, people will know to use commom sense" lol

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Definitely wasn't trying to cause a pissing contest.

I'm very thankful that we have educated members here that can help chase down issues and eradicate broscience with real science. Ordering up a test in the next day or so to show results for E2 and prolactin both, my guess is that prolactin will be elevated.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If u got shit to add to help people that mayb zilla missed make your own thread

-prolactin could be messed with by things beside d2 mechanisms
That was it, my only point

I will apologize for being confrontational.
I got insulted so I wanna split the dude's wig as a reflex
That reflex wasn't controlled (doesn't matter why), so I'm sorry.

I want to be a gentleman and keep it cordial, really.

Agreed. Let’s keep on track here. Please respect the leader of this forum and the works he has put in.
Agreed and apologized.

I also blame Zilla's posts being read and appreciated, while mine saying the exact same things were always ignored. "Hulksmash" means keep scrolling around here. Zilla, sorry for getting jealous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Agreed and apologized.

I also blame Zilla's posts being read and appreciated, while mine saying the exact same things were always ignored. "Hulksmash" means keep scrolling around here.

Zilla, sorry for getting jealous.
Can I shed a little light on why that may be? You come off as completely reckless. Seriously man, you do things that are so far out that how can people take you seriously? You have a huge knowledge base, you know some shit, yet you become paralyzed and act like it’s not a big deal. People don’t just lose the function of their legs for periods of time! Slow down man, people will listen to you but not if you’re on here talking about all the shit you take (which isn’t normal) and then you’re paralyzed yet you never had any trauma. People relate that shit.

Dont take offense to that that cause I don’t mean it offensively. All I’m saying is theres a reason people scroll past.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking through PrivateMD for the right blood test is a little confusing. From what I've seen there is a test that includes Prolactin for a total of $102 but hormone levels will only be shown as >1500.

To get a full view of any hormone levels in excess of 1500 you have to get a different type of test done and it doesn't appear as though prolactin is bundled into any of those. Below is what I think is the way to go, can someone confirm this?

Hormone Panel with Testosterone LC/MS-MS $88.99
*Prolactin $50.49

Total: $139.48

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hormone Panel with Testosterone LC/MS-MS

Includes:
Complete Blood Count (CBC) w/ Differential: Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile ( includes eGFR ): A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum; eGFR
Estradiol
Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
Testosterone, Total - Women, Children, and Hypogonadal Males, LC/MS-MS

Note: Actual Total Testosterone levels will be provided with this test if levels exceed 1500.

Patient Instructions: Patient should fast for 12 hours preceding collection of specimen. If using a testosterone cream please be sure you have not rubbed any into the antecubital area of your arm for the last 24 hours as it can give elevated results.

Estimated turnaround for results is 7 business days. If confirmation testing is required, the estimated time may be extended.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Looking through PrivateMD for the right blood test is a little confusing. From what I've seen there is a test that includes Prolactin for a total of $102 but hormone levels will only be shown as >1500.
To get a full view of any hormone levels in excess of 1500 you have to get a different type of test done and it doesn't appear as though prolactin is bundled into any of those. Below is what I think is the way to go, can someone confirm this?
Hormone Panel with Testosterone LC/MS-MS $88.99
*Prolactin $50.49
Total: $139.48
This one, for $122.99, gives you Prolactin, sensitive E2 and LC/MS for testosterone (so you'll see your real levels even if they are above 1500): https://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_t...s&show=3090&category=14&search=prolactin#3090

Unless I'm missing something obvious, it would seem to be the most cost effective option to go with.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This one, for $122.99, gives you Prolactin, sensitive E2 and LC/MS for testosterone (so you'll see your real levels even if they are above 1500): https://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_t...s&show=3090&category=14&search=prolactin#3090

Unless I'm missing something obvious, it would seem to be the most cost effective option to go with.
Very much appreciated Zilla, not sure why I couldn't find that myself. I'll get it ordered up and see when I can get in for testing.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is a section for scientific stuff. If you all want to explore feelings, a section that Zilla mods is gonna be the wrong place for that.

Take it to pm?

10-4, I got ya loud and clear

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll be going in shortly for the blood draw and it says it will take 10-14 days for results to post.

I'm honestly hoping I do see elevated prolactin as that seems like it would be a pretty easy fix.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
You mentioned two ways of dealing with high prolactin and one was doing nothing about it if you are asymptotic, I’m assuming this means high prolactin levels will go back down on its own after what causes the elevation is out of you system? Is this correct?
Thank you for the awesome post as well!! Very helpful and you made it very easy to follow along with and understand
you’re a true asset to this board Zilla!!!

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
You mentioned two ways of dealing with high prolactin and one was doing nothing about it if you are asymptotic, I’m assuming this means high prolactin levels will go back down on its own after what causes the elevation is out of you system? Is this correct?
Thank you for the awesome post as well!! Very helpful and you made it very easy to follow along with and understand
you’re a true asset to this board Zilla!!!
Prolactin levels will return to normal once your cycle is over, yes :)

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Prolactin levels will return to normal once your cycle is over, yes :)

Has this been proven?

Common sense says that should be true.

However, messing with hormones can have permanent effects, like increased satellite cell count.

Some people may keep ****ed prolactin levels after cycling off and never know. Then they cycle again. The ****ed hormone levels, like prolactin, would continue to **** them forever.

A curious hypothesis of mine, that's all.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I listened to the whole thing.. Very interesting. The one thing I wonder is what are the consequences if you really let prolactin get away from you.. Is it anything beyond sort of annoying side effects or can you have any major issues.?

New Threads