Is an AI a must for PCT?

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Coming off of a deca/test cycle and curious if running an ai throughout PCT is that important. I've run it throughout the 14 weeks so far, but running out. I've read that it is a good idea to help boost natty levels? I've run HCG throughout the 14 week cycle and will do until 4 days prior to PCT of clomid and nolva.

Z

Zeek

An Ai is absolutely not necessary for PCT, I've done many PCT's and none of them have involved an AI. The clomid and nolva should protect from any gyno during the rebound stage and some estrogen post cycle actually speeds up your body in producing it's own test IMO.

I would like to hear what the guys think who do run an Ai during PCT though!

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well I always run one at a low dose and always am fine. I know someone will argue with me on this subject but have hears this on a couple occasions. Arimadex ran along side nolva has been known to minimize the effectiveness of adex.

Malevolence

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am running test and deca too and using aromasin right now. I hadn't planned on running the Aro through the pct but if the Est sides get real bad like lots of bacne then it might be a good idea. How much deca and test are you running??

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
all serms boost serum E..... I always use a low dose AI. im a bit gyno prone so its a bit different for me

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Best PCT combo: torem/aromasin

I really feel like that aromasin kept my womanhood in check. I believe it or not I can be a fuckin bitch!

Reaction score
I will said that is not necesary but according with some reaserch I`ve done with 19nor specifically. Aromasin should be the option if you want to run one. The reason is cause the enzyme is permanently deactivated there is no estrogen rebound with Aromasin. With Adex which bind competitively to the aromatase enzyme, and eventually unbind, rendering it active again. This means once you stop taking the AI(Adex) estrogen rebound is more likely to happen. But like I said is not always necessary, if you are Gyno prone you should consider as an option.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nolva and clomid should keep your E in check, but i would at least have the ai on hand just in case.

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. FYI--I was running test 600 deca 500. I hate coming off of a cycle. It sucks.

BTW Bigherm---Love the new profile pic dude!!! lmfao

Reaction score
Bro thats what is all about this board to help each other out.

cranium85

Banned
Reaction score
their is an acticle out their on steroids.com or i steroid.com that sugest using nolva and aromasin during PCT. But no other type of AI. I will try to find it.

cranium85

Banned
Reaction score
I will said that is not necesary but according with some reaserch I`ve done with 19nor specifically. Aromasin should be the option if you want to run one. The reason is cause the enzyme is permanently deactivated there is no estrogen rebound with Aromasin. With Adex which bind competitively to the aromatase enzyme, and eventually unbind, rendering it active again. This means once you stop taking the AI(Adex) estrogen rebound is more likely to happen. But like I said is not always necessary, if you are Gyno prone you should consider as an option.

sorry pikki didnt see this post! Word is that aromsin is THE ONLY ai which should be taken during your PCT! Haven't done it yet personally but am going to this cycle. I hear (like POB said above) that it makes PCT much more comfortable and takes away that bitchy feeling, that comes with PCT especially clomid

Reaction score
sorry pikki didnt see this post! Word is that aromsin is THE ONLY ai which should be taken during your PCT! Haven't done it yet personally but am going to this cycle. I hear (like POB said above) that it makes PCT much more comfortable and takes away that bitchy feeling, that comes with PCT especially clomid

Don`t need to be sorry bro, you post a great link that back up what I post. I read it and save it in my computer AAS folder :-B
Thnx again to post it.

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good articles. One point of interest was: "There is no evidence to suggest waiting any length of time after your cycle is over will increase PCT effectiveness…it simply prolongs the time you aren’t doing anything positive to regain your natural hormones." So instead of waiting 2-3 weeks after your last shot you should start the serms right away.

Anyone agree with this?

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good articles. One point of interest was: "There is no evidence to suggest waiting any length of time after your cycle is over will increase PCT effectiveness…it simply prolongs the time you aren’t doing anything positive to regain your natural hormones." So instead of waiting 2-3 weeks after your last shot you should start the serms right away.

Anyone agree with this?

I just start pct depending on the esther used. Exogenous anDrogenic levels need to be down before effective pct can take place. So for test e/cyp bout 2 weeks after last shot. Prop bout a wee, and so on.

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes and with deca/test 3 weeks. But the article said to start right after last shot or pill. Never heard of that before.

cranium85

Banned
Reaction score
Yes and with deca/test 3 weeks. But the article said to start right after last shot or pill. Never heard of that before.

yeah me either BeEF! thats the first for me sometime i don't know wtf Tony Roberts is talking about....that makes NOOOO fucking sense so who is ever thinking of following that don't. If your on an Ethenate Ester wait two week before u do your PCT!!!! DEF!!!!! Unless....i havn't read the article to the fullest in a while....he may have been refering to doing the HCG blast right away and then wait five days from end of blast and start PCT. but i'll have to read it again

cranium85

Banned
Reaction score
ester lenghts below wait for the ester to clear

Ester Half-Life:

Formate 1.5 days
Acetate 3 days
propionate 4.5 days
Phenylpropionate 4.5 days
Butyrate 6 days
Valerate 7.5 days
Hexanoate 9 days
Caproate 9 days
Isocaproate 9 days
Heptanoate 10.5 days
enanthate 10.5 days
Octanoate 12 days
cypionate 12 days
Nonanoate 13.5 days
decanoate 15 days
undecanoate 16.5 days

Sust:
30mg propionate
55mg Phenylpropionate
65mg Caproate
100mg decanoate

Testonon:
30mg propionate
55mg Phenylpropionate
65mg Isocaproate
100mg enanthate

Deca -durabolin (Nandrolone decanate) 14 days
Equipoise 14 days
Finaject (trenbolone acetate) 3 days
Primobolan (methenolone enanthate) 10.5 days
Sustanon or Omnadren 15 to 18 days
Testosterone Cypionate 12 days
Testosterone Enanthate 10.5 days
Testosterone Propionate 4.5 days
Testosterone Suspension 1 day
Winstrol (stanozolol ) 1 day

Steroid esters Drug Active half-life
Formate 1.5 days
Acetate 3 days
Propionate 2 days
Phenylpropionate 4.5 days
Butyrate 6 days
Valerate 7.5 days
Hexanoate 9 days
Caproate 9 days
Isocaproate 9 days
Heptanoate 10.5 days
Enanthate 10.5 days
Octanoate 12 days
Cypionate 12 days
Nonanoate 13.5 days
Decanoate 15 days
Undecanoate 16.5 days

Ancillaries Drug Active half-life
Arimidex 3 days
Clenbuterol 1.5 days
Clomid 5 days
Cytadren 6 hours
T3 10 hours

Reaction score
IMO I like to belive in Dr Scallys report cause the are studies by DR`s about it. Yes you start HCG right way next day after last shot, but no SERMS. There are 2 studies about Scally about it,I post one old here for test/deca in which he stated in his report about run both together, but there is an update on that one. Start HCG at 2500iu for 10shot eod then start SERM treatment. This will give time for esters to clear before to start PCT. Lulu point something and then Cranium hit it again depend on the esters. The half life info upthere is a great tool to use so you can know when they shold be clear. Or there is this calculator I found very usefull. http://www.roidcalc.com/

Beefcake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lots of good info here. Like that calculator.

New Threads