Sassy's Journal

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks Moo I appreciate it :)
Did the bootcamp and lifted this AM- will post that in a bit when back at a PC. Slurping beans at the moment.. good day.

Btw.. baby traps are poking up...

View attachment 7591

good god woman! You just posted a pic on this forum and you are attractive.

That was a very, very poor decision. I leave all my sexual harassment for German because I am in a committed online relationship. I cannot guarantee your safety from others anymore.

Good luck, hot stuff.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Glad you made a journal thread! This will be helpful and we will all support you! Excited to see the transformation!

Reaction score
Lmao...we have a lot of children on this board...get used to it!!!

Indeed.. anyhoo -

Tuesday went ok - the 0530 bootcamps are killing me but gawd forbid I get in the way of my baby living her dream.

Lift wise was back/bi -
4 25s kettlebells - 50 start 50 end
4 12s 80lbs wide grip lat pulldowns
3 12s 75lbs barbell bent over row
3 12s 75lbs vbar pull downs
4 12s 75lbs rev grip lat pulldowns
3 8s 75lbs barbell deadlift
3 12s 25lbs dumbbell alternate bi curl
3 10s 25lbs cross body hammer curl
3 12s 75lbs close grip cable curl

Wednesday is rest - just continued to dink around in the garage trying to make room to lift at home and around 45 on the home elliptical to keep the dust at baby

Thursday

05****ing30 bootcamp

Legs (thinking about moving this to the start of the week)
4 25s 25bs kettlebells - 50 start 50 end
6 8s 85lbs barbell squats
3 12s 45lbs barbell lunges (i suck at lunges and am working on the form more than anything)
4 12s 75 thigh abductor
4 12s 75 thigh adductor
4 12s 75 leg extensions
4 12s 75 seated leg curl
3 12s 75 seated calf raise (barbell)

Macros are on point for how I'm eating - all meat, green veggies, good fats (avo, coconut etc) - I'm not doing any dairy barring the 1.5 teaspoon of cream in the morning coffee.
Literally weighing everything that goes in my mouth (shut up), and it's tedious - it's working so I continue. I cycle between 1200-1400 calories through the week so as not to reach an equilibrium due to how low I am eating. I am not doing any cheat meals built in, and sadly, no alcohol at the moment. I am simply shedding weight.

As far as workouts go, I've put them together myself based on what I have access to - and will be moving to lifting at home asap. I have the following at home:

- adjustable olympic weight bench with leg developer and squat rack
- 300 lbs and olympic bar
- 5-35 lb kettlebells
- 5, 10, 15 "hand weights"
- and I am putting together a homemade version of TRX / bands as my daughter really likes to use those
- 10lb and 40lb weighted vest
- elliptical machine

I really want a squat cage, and am looking to get dumbbells - cost effectively.. I'm thinking with those things rounding stuff out, I should be able to do everything at home which would be awesome for me time wise. I have 3 months of downtime, I really want to use them as effectively as I can but not over do it as I am wont to do when I am driven to do something.

Any advice on a routine for home would be most welcomed - I'm currently leaning out, working form, and attempting to advance weight where I can. I am not adding gear as of yet and won't through the 3 months. That's phase 2.

Looking forward to Sunday's weigh in and measuring.

Onward we go!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You could get in a great lower day with what you currently have in that list.

Just quick off the top of my head:

Squats of all kinds
Lunges
Bell swings
Belt squats
Hip thrust/Bridges
Deads of all kinds
Farmers walks

So an example day could be:
10 minute walk to get the blood flowing
5 minute accumulation of kettlebell swings
Heavy squat
Romanian deadlift
Lying ham curl

Only limited by your creativity.

Reaction score
You could get in a great lower day with what you currently have in that list.

Just quick off the top of my head:

Squats of all kinds
Lunges
Bell swings
Belt squats
Hip thrust/Bridges
Deads of all kinds
Farmers walks

So an example day could be:
10 minute walk to get the blood flowing
5 minute accumulation of kettlebell swings
Heavy squat
Romanian deadlift
Lying ham curl

Only limited by your creativity.

yeah i do need to add more (heavy) to my leg lifts - the thing with squats, i'm hesitant to go heavier - there's rarely anyone at the place I go in between their boot camps, and they don't have a squat rack (yet) - they are new etc. I feel I could go much heavier if I had more security in doing so. There's a sled I like pushing around as well.. good for aggression hah.

thanks very much for the suggestions

Reaction score
I'm tired today, so it was a push to get done - bi/tri this morning with 3 sets of squats just cause... and bootcamp this afternoon - have I said how much I'm not liking bootcamp?
Also, I think I'm fighting the bug that's going around, but mama can't get down so we'll power through. Hopefully.

oh - I tried an earthquake bar this morning - that was weird and felt kind of gimicky - with the straps and kettlebells.. maintaining control of the set up was interesting

Lifting this weekend is going to be off - got a soccer tournament all weekend - probably will skip tomorrow since we start so early - and just double up Sunday. Depends on how well we do is how long the tourny goes.

Coffee.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Sometimes when I start the day tired and have to force myself to hit the gym, I have some of my best workouts. Glad to see you push through it.

Reaction score
So, I'm back - ended up having to have surgery on my leg after taking a spill on a ladder :)

Finally cleared to start lifting again, lightly - so starting over simply - doing the 5x5 run for 12 weeks / light cardio on off days.

Good times.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Was wondering where you went. Welcome back.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No more climbing ladders in flip flops, sassypoopy.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome back ya klutz! :32 (20):

Reaction score
Welcome back. Sucks about the leg but glad you’re cleared to get back to it.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome back, now get back to work. :) Glad your ok.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So, I'm back - ended up having to have surgery on my leg after taking a spill on a ladder :)

Finally cleared to start lifting again, lightly - so starting over simply - doing the 5x5 run for 12 weeks / light cardio on off days.

Good times.

i was coming off a 10ft old wooden ladder, off of my roof. One of the main posts had a crack in it by the time i got down.......fuk

Good to hear your back to normal

New Threads