Sassy's Journal

Reaction score
Current State of Affairs:

Female, 47, 5'9
HW: 246 (good times)
CW: 206
Post menopause, no periods, hysterectomy. I don't do hormones as there hasn't been a need thus far.

Per my DEXA, I'm sitting at 38%BF - this is changing fast. Normal for me is 18%ish.

Macros:
I keto. I do not do TKD or CKD.
I eat at a deficit. Have had a full panel done, and my doc supports what I'm doing. All of it. He answers the questions I ask but does not volunteer information. Professionally I do not cross his lines, but he's willing to guide as he knows I'm dead set on accomplishing what I want to do. I love him for this.

I track all supplements, food, water etc in cronometer cause I like all the data.

Supplementation
fish pill, chlorofresh, D3 with VitK, VitC, B complex I created, Iron, Zink, Choline and Inositol, LCarnitine Tartrate, Vitex Agnus, Meltonin, and track my sodium, potassium, and magnesium like a hawk and supplement as appropriate (with keto this is a must). I'm a biochemist/mathematician before yell at me.

Workouts
Long term history – I played two collegiate sports and cheered. My hubs was military. We lifted daily up until the day he passed – he ran our apple juice (what he fondly called it).

Anyhoo, I didn’t do anything for 6 years after that. The last two have been half-assed attempts to stand up straight.

For the past 3 months –
I currently do a boot camp style work out 3-4 days a week with my kidlet. This has to stay for as long as she wants to do it.

Lifting I do a 5 day split
Monday – chest and triceps
Tuesday – back and biceps
Wednesday – abs (planks, flat bench leg raise – or candle****ers is what I fondly call them, crunches)
Thursday – legs
Friday – back and shoulders
Saturday – biceps and triceps
Saturday morning yoga (again, the kidlet, non-negotiable).

For example, it being Monday – I did:
4 25s 25 lbs kettlebells (I sometimes start with 50 end with 50)
3 12s 75 lbs – barbell bench press
3 12s 75 lbs – barbell incline bench press
3 12s 60 lbs – butterfly
3 12s 20 lbs – dumbbell fly
3 12s 20 lbs – cable cross over
3 12s 45 lbs – EZ bar triceps extension
3 12s 20 lbs – dumbbell standing triceps extension
3 12s 20 lbs – dumbbell standing one arm triceps extension

I am taking measurements and pics once a week. I’m averaging 1 to 2 pounds a week loss – I note this will slow substantially.

Goal
Lean AF
All the muscles
MILF
Hahaha shush the haters, yeah I want to be healthy, duh.

Why I’m Here
Education, insight, hands on experience, understanding that we all do things differently and for different reasons. None of them better or worse than the other. I simply seek information and guidance to make applicable decisions for myself.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to this! Get'em!

Reaction score
When you say hasn't been a need for hormones, this is based on bloodwork?

Nope - I thought I'd wing it - it makes things so much more fun...

But seriously, note the "Have had a full panel done, and my doc supports what I'm doing. "

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Does an online pool game wound familiar to you...
At all?

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
huh? I guess not..

Sassy was a milf on a multiplayer online pool game. At least 10years ago. The one possibility where thanos gets defeated also made me think. It might been you. Also greeted with a "howdy"

Welcome

Reaction score
Sassy was a milf on a multiplayer online pool game. At least 10years ago. The one possibility where thanos gets defeated also made me think. It might been you. Also greeted with a "howdy"

Welcome

Haha, that's awesome! Alas not me :) And thank you!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Glad you started this thread. I am fond of details and record keeping also; it's a great way to quantify how far you've come.

Last edited:

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well hell...welcome! I can see you just might hang around for a while!

I don't see you talking about using any steroids at the moment and that's a smart thing....unless you dipped into the apple juice..lol

Sounds like you know what you're doing and with the fact that you lost massive weight in the past...you know to an extent what it takes...BUT

It won't ever stay a weight loss until you make it your lifestyle ...as your goal is "lean as fuuuck" it's some hard ass work but you sound like you can do it...

We are all here for advice .....which ever direction you decide to go!

Keep kicking ass!!!

Reaction score
Well hell...welcome! I can see you just might hang around for a while!

I don't see you talking about using any steroids at the moment and that's a smart thing....unless you dipped into the apple juice..lol

Sounds like you know what you're doing and with the fact that you lost massive weight in the past...you know to an extent what it takes...BUT

It won't ever stay a weight loss until you make it your lifestyle ...as your goal is "lean as fuuuck" it's some hard ass work but you sound like you can do it...

We are all here for advice .....which ever direction you decide to go!

Keep kicking ass!!!

Hi there Jenn! Thank you very much - it's been a long road and i'm taking major time to do this. So i'm pumped, all puns intended.

No apples yet - still laying the foundation and doing some research. It is something I will be incorporating.

Look forward to the ride!

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
One other thing. Very impressed with your attitude and your dedication. Seems like you are in this for the long haul. When ever you reach a point where you feel your progress is lacking, make sure you reach out. We will be here to help push you through. As you know, this isn't an easy life style. We all need to be pushed now and again. Good luck on reaching your goals.

Mo

New Threads