Reaction score
Here is my blood work results:
1st= 6.6 nmol/dL, or 190 ng/dl
2nd= 7.7 nmol/dL, or 222ng/dl
3rd= 7.2 nmol/L , or 208 ng/dl

The prescription is for:
Depo- testosterone 100 mg/mL
50 mg as directed every 2 weeks

Im certainly no expert, but isnt 25 mg/ week unreasonably cautious?

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here is my blood work results:
1st= 6.6 nmol/dL, or 190 ng/dl
2nd= 7.7 nmol/dL, or 222ng/dl
3rd= 7.2 nmol/L , or 208 ng/dl

The prescription is for:
Depo- testosterone 100 mg/mL
50 mg as directed every 2 weeks

Im certainly no expert, but isnt 25 mg/ week unreasonably cautious?

That’s wayyyuyu low....that’s why I doctor myself for trt .....but see and Endo for blood test and for her to write me sricps if I was need and AI or Test from local pharmacy,she doesn’t say anything about my dose I take and I don’t share any more info with her than I havt to..I got lucky....I was taking 200mg/week for TRT....was to much made my blood to thick,so had see a Hemotologist,he helped me find a dose of testosterone that still makes me feel good and be normal,yet helps lower my hematocrit,I get bloods done every 2 weeks from him helps me a lot,like I said I’m lucky with 2 docts I see

But yes 25mg/week is crap man!!! Like Jin and Seeker said may lower your overall test

Reaction score
He mentioned that I was "just barely under" the normal range. I dont see that as a good sign.

Im going to get him to recommend an endocrinologist.

Im not sure what the Dr's are so afraid of. I agree, it is just stupid.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
He mentioned that I was "just barely under" the normal range. I dont see that as a good sign.

It sounds as if he may be under the impression that the exogenous test dose would be additive to your endogenous levels.

This is false. And a very basic fact that even a GP should understand.

Your HPTA is binary: on. Or off.

Any exogenous testosterone will turn it off and your body will rely solely on the injected test. The prescribed amount is insufficient.

Get that referral and keep moving forwards. It will be worth it in the end.

Good luck.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Seriously, my wife's test replacement is more than that. Time for a new doc.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Dude doctors are not ever gonna recommend or prescribe over 100mg/2weeks here and around where I live ,and they don’t believe in 2 shots a week,it’s every 2 weeks,last Endo and Urologist I had wouldn’t recommend over 100mg/2weeks so I just decided to take the dose that I felt best at,and let them do my blood work for me,which I’ve told them how much I take,course they say it’s to much,but it’s my body and how I feel and I’m not gonna live feeling like shit all the time

Reaction score
It seems to me (from reading on this site) that taking a 50mg shot once every 2 weeks would be a mini hormone roller coaster. And just enough to shut down my small amount of natural testosterone production, ending with a net loss?

He is sending me for a prostate psa test. Then I go back to follow that up.

Ill ask for the referral.

Thanks for the advise

Reaction score
Dude doctors are not ever gonna recommend or prescribe over 100mg/2weeks here and around where I live ,and they don’t believe in 2 shots a week,it’s every 2 weeks,last Endo and Urologist I had wouldn’t recommend over 100mg/2weeks so I just decided to take the dose that I felt best at,and let them do my blood work for me,which I’ve told them how much I take,course they say it’s to much,but it’s my body and how I feel and I’m not gonna live feeling like shit all the time

I can see that happening for sure. When he said 'youre just barely under" I felt like it was going to be a long uphill battle.
What you said make sense to me.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can see that happening for sure. When he said 'youre just barely under" I felt like it was going to be a long uphill battle.
What you said make sense to me.

Just wish you the best of luck man cause I’ve been there lol

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Find a new doc, most family docs are not going to be very well educated on trt and they are going to go with a less than optimal dose.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Your doctor needs to go back to anatomy and physiology 102, study the endocrine system and learn what a negative feedback loop is.

Reactions: CJ

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
It seems to me (from reading on this site) that taking a 50mg shot once every 2 weeks would be a mini hormone roller coaster. And just enough to shut down my small amount of natural testosterone production, ending with a net loss?

He is sending me for a prostate psa test. Then I go back to follow that up.

Ill ask for the referral.

Thanks for the advise

The exception would Ben if they prescribe HCG. This would make it basically additive. You’d still need a little more though, (plus AI)

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I dont use him for it but my GP didnt even blink when I told him I was on 200 mg/week. There are doctors around that do understand this stuff.

Reactions: Jin

maxmuscle1

Elite
Reaction score
They say normal is 270-920 at my clinic but age is a huge factor. Mine shows up around 800-1200 on 100mg per week. Your doc is pretty much ill-informed at best. The PDR doesn’t even recommend such a small amount. My Dad is old and his level is over 400. Print out a TRT program from a reputable medical website and take it to him. Tell him you have no sex drive and want to try 100mg per week. If he won’t, fire him.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Fire this idiot either way. You want to rely on someone who doesnt even understand EXTREMELY basic medicine for other health issues as well? He shouldnt even have a license to practice.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Doctors are really starting to scare me

GP's are particularly shitty most of the time. And honestly, young doctors really are the way to go. Older people were trained with a bunch of bogus science that has been discarded but seems like they hold on to whatever info they were trained with. Their fear of trt and continued pushing of statin drugs are good examples of their archaic nonsense.

New Threads