Dr made a prescription

maxmuscle1

Elite
Reaction score
Doctors are really starting to scare me

It’s crazy! They put women on HRT no problem but men are discriminated against getting TRT. It’s getting better but because they classify testosterone as a schedule 3 drug, docs worry. Female hormones and male should be classified the same but they aren’t. If we had proper gov. representatives lobbying for equal rights for males maybe things would change. LOL!

Reaction score
The acceptable reference range on my lab analysis is 8.4 to 28.8.(242 -830) If Im somewhere around 7.4, trying to just creep into the 8.4 bare minimum seems isnt going to make any difference other than shutting my own production down. Right?

Is it worth taking whatever trt they offer at this point? Even if it drives my own production down to nothing? It will end up there eventually. Maybe I can talk some sense into him, Im not sure.

I think the endo referral appt will be somewhere around 2-3 months down the road.

My goal in all this is to be able to be able to put for a max effort in the gym and not feel like I have the flu for a week afterward.

Reaction score
It’s crazy! They put women on HRT no problem but men are discriminated against getting TRT. It’s getting better but because they classify testosterone as a schedule 3 drug, docs worry. Female hormones and male should be classified the same but they aren’t. If we had proper gov. representatives lobbying for equal rights for males maybe things would change. LOL!

It is crazy, Definitely a stigma around prescribing this drug to men.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

They put women on trt at 25mg per week

Reaction score
I’m afraid to even go to a doctor anymore. It’s been 3 weeks since i submitted a refill for test to my doc, still not filled. I’m done with them, gonna do it on my own for now.

I had a medical scare late last year, something happened that would scare the shit out of any dude (not related to trt). I saw 3 doctors and all 3 blew it off as no big deal (trust me, it’s a big ****in deal). Well the problem came back last week 10 times worse and now I don’t know what to do. I’m not kidding, doctors today legitimately frighten me.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
The exception would Ben if they prescribe HCG. This would make it basically additive. You’d still need a little more though, (plus AI)

I have never heard of this before. Can you explain?

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I’m afraid to even go to a doctor anymore. It’s been 3 weeks since i submitted a refill for test to my doc, still not filled. I’m done with them, gonna do it on my own for now.

I had a medical scare late last year, something happened that would scare the shit out of any dude (not related to trt). I saw 3 doctors and all 3 blew it off as no big deal (trust me, it’s a big ****in deal). Well the problem came back last week 10 times worse and now I don’t know what to do. I’m not kidding, doctors today legitimately frighten me.

Mind sharing what's going on man? You don't have to, but we are here for you...

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I have an idea for TRT docs guys, hear me out, just say you were born a man, BUT identify as a woman who is transitioning into a man - boom you'll get prescribed 200mg a week right there.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I dont use him for it but my GP didnt even blink when I told him I was on 200 mg/week. There are doctors around that do understand this stuff.

Lucky you! My GP uses my labs from my TRT doctor. The fact that I pinged a >1500 is going to freak my GP out, so I am going to redact that number from the labs I give him and say "because it's none of your GD business!" if he asks why.

Oddly, my TRT doc was fine with the >1500... I think he is my new best friend!

I have an idea for TRT docs guys, hear me out, just say you were born a man, BUT identify as a woman who is transitioning into a man - boom you'll get prescribed 200mg a week right there.

Sadly, you are NOT lying. There is a pre-op tranny who works out at my gym and is trained by a buddy of mine. I was floored that she (he? I'm so confused as to what to call one) was prescribed 200 mg per week.

Reaction score
Update...

60 bucks CAD for the 100mg/mL cypionate from pfizer

i asked the pharmacist if 25mg/week was low compared to other prescriptions they fill. I said I was concerned it would shut my natural production down and I might be left with even less testosterone in my system. She said the testosterone is initially additive, and that injections spaced out at 2 weeks is fine as the recommendation is 2-3 weeks.
But wouldn't comment on other peoples prescription amounts. Who knows, maybe they all drink the same kool-aid.

Good Luck to you S30W. All kidding aside Im sure everyone would support whatever your going through. BTW Im macho Af and my balls dont work anymore...

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
The exception would Ben if they prescribe HCG. This would make it basically additive. You’d still need a little more though, (plus AI)

Update...

i asked the pharmacist if 25mg/week was low compared to other prescriptions they fill. I said I was concerned it would shut my natural production down and I might be left with even less testosterone in my system. She said the testosterone is initially additive, and that injections spaced out at 2 weeks is fine as the recommendation is 2-3 weeks.

I need clarification on this “additive” testosterone thing.

I think i learned from Megatron that the HPTA is binary and I consider him an expert on TRT.

Can someone clarify this? Doc? Zilla? Megatron?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Update...

60 bucks CAD for the 100mg/mL cypionate from pfizer

But wouldn't comment on other peoples prescription amounts. Who knows, maybe they all drink the same kool-aid.

Good Luck to you S30W. All kidding aside Im sure everyone would support whatever your going through. BTW Im macho Af and my balls dont work anymore...

Nonsense everywhere. "The recommendation is 2-3 weeks".

Testosterone cypionate is administered properly AT MINIMUM once per week with injections every 4-5 days being preferred.

This is all nuts to me

Reactions: Jin

New Threads