Macros breakdowns, Calorics Surpluses, Caloric Deficits, Recalculation frequencies, and YOUR OPINION

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
You are persistent. The take home, and ask any of the vets on here who have been at this a while, is you don't have to complicate it. Some people like the mental gymnastics but it's not necessary nor is it efficient.

1-1.5 grams protein per pound bodyweight depending on gaining or cutting

The rest of your cals in carbs and fats. Some prefer to focus on carbs, some on fats. I like carbs.

Increase to gain, decrease to lose.

Eating the same shit everyday is not detrimental to you unless you are missing vitamins, etc....

Pros are not fit. Look more to the massive amounts of shit these guys inject before you look at their diet. The guys I know eat very healthy during their season and off season they can't afford to turn into pigs. But...

You can't get big on chicken breast and broccoli bro. Try it, let me know when you've had enough.

I don't believe I ever saw any of your stats. Age, height, weight, training program and diet, year training. Please post that up and if you have provide a link.

Mayday

Reaction score
You are persistent. The take home, and ask any of the vets on here who have been at this a while, is you don't have to complicate it. Some people like the mental gymnastics but it's not necessary nor is it efficient.

1-1.5 grams protein per pound bodyweight depending on gaining or cutting

The rest of your cals in carbs and fats. Some prefer to focus on carbs, some on fats. I like carbs.

Increase to gain, decrease to lose.

Eating the same shit everyday is not detrimental to you unless you are missing vitamins, etc....

Pros are not fit. Look more to the massive amounts of shit these guys inject before you look at their diet. The guys I know eat very healthy during their season and off season they can't afford to turn into pigs. But...

You can't get big on chicken breast and broccoli bro. Try it, let me know when you've had enough.

I don't believe I ever saw any of your stats. Age, height, weight, training program and diet, year training. Please post that up and if you have provide a link.

5'7 161. 1 cycle. I do mainly jump rope and tap dance. I tend to vary between the ball-change and heel-step. Life's rough as a tap dancer, ju kno?

My preparations are concealed not published. My mistakes are buried, not headlined. My dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.

Just kidding. That was a modified section of John F. Kennedy's speech at the Waldorf Astoria.

I mean, it could be all about you and your questioning, but that would be rather egotistical and presumptuous, don't you think?

I'd rather just continue with the thread, k? That is, if you have nothing further to add..

;)

Mayday

Reaction score
Actually I'm done. And seriously, I have a dog that weighs more than you. Seriously. Enjoy the flail.

Thanks big b. I just pray your 161 pound dog has a better personality than your 54 year old buxom body!

Hey.. Wait..

Why do you have a 161 pound dog?

EWWWWWW

Mayday

Reaction score
Everybody knows I am an asshole.

THAT is NOT TRUE. I know palpebral slant, potentially jaundiced mommy dropped the ball a dozen or so times but you're an outstanding person.

Every time I think VG, I think A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Maybe you're wrong, but you feel so f*cking right,

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I only read a few posts because I get to eat popcorn or a poptart as I do.. otherwise I wouldn't waste my time on sheer stupidity like this.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
awt8bq.jpg

Mayday

Reaction score
Dys was right. Things are getting ghey around here.
Dude just go back to your davinci code forum and leave the lifting talk for the people who actually do.

Dan Brown, dude?

Really?

Yaaaawn..

Lifting talk?

What talk? School me on diet, brah.

DeltaWave

Reaction score
Good post, MD.

You did expand on a lot. Some will understand, some will already know, the majority won't understand or know any of it.

You're clearly well-versed with nutrition. Perhaps consider being a dietitian?

Mayday

Reaction score
Good post, MD.

You did expand on a lot. Some will understand, some will already know, the majority won't understand or know any of it.

You're clearly well-versed with nutrition. Perhaps consider being a dietitian?

Thanks for checking my profile out, DeltaWave.

It means a lot.

As far as becoming a dietician, I'm not so sure. I was hoping for logical discourse instead of ab hominem attacks and arbitrary conjecture.

Maybe I touched upon a sore subject.. maybe I worded it in a way people disliked..

Either way, thanks!

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Dan Brown, dude?

Really?

Yaaaawn..

Lifting talk?

What talk? School me on diet, brah.

What would you like to know? I can attempt to provide you answers based on my own experiences with trial and error.

DeltaWave

Reaction score

It means a lot.

As far as becoming a dietician, I'm not so sure. I was hoping for logical discourse instead of ab hominem attacks and arbitrary conjecture.

Maybe I touched upon a sore subject.. maybe I worded it in a way people disliked..

Either way, thanks!
People often view it as an unnecessary discussion I suppose. "A calorie is a calorie" is the old but generally standard way of looking at it.

But remember there's an audience and business for just about everything. Especially the professional/scientific side of the industry.

Mayday

Reaction score
What would you like to know? I can attempt to provide you answers based on my own experiences with trial and error.

Raw feces. When you consumed it, how did you factor in the calories? Count the kernels?

Dude- totally kidding.

Like what were your macros like

totally???

Mayday

Reaction score
People often view it as an unnecessary discussion I suppose. "A calorie is a calorie" is the old but generally standard way of looking at it.

But remember there's an audience and business for just about everything. Especially the professional/scientific side of the industry.

Pretty boss reply.

I don't see any reason to believe that a calorie is a calorie. That assumption more or less implies that our current nutritional unit of energy is fully expressive. It isn't. The adverse health repercussions of an individual consuming an identical daily caloric value could have a vastly varying effect dependent mostly on its daily macronutrient breakdown.

Hopefully that makes sense

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Maybe a better phrase would be.. it's not only about calories.

A calorie is a calorie in a limited scope, but it's what comes along with those calories that can shift the balance.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Raw feces. When you consumed it, how did you factor in the calories? Count the kernels?

Dude- totally kidding.

Like what were your macros like

totally???

Ok last year i was able to cut from 251 lbs to 195 lbs at 12% bf. 1st i went to get a dexa scan to findout my initial bodyfat composition. Then i used that data to findout my maintenance calories. From there i subtracted 500 cals from maintenance a day. I always made sure i got 230 grams of protein everyday and i filled in the rest with fats and carbs. Whatever was convientient and i had for my prep. I think i was averaging around 175 carbs and rest fat.
U can play with those 2. But if youre lifting heavy definitly make carbs your bigger priority then fat ofcourse.

Reaction score

It means a lot.

Either way, thanks!
I’m too stupid to understand what you’re saying most of the time.

DeltaWave

Reaction score
Pretty boss reply.

I don't see any reason to believe that a calorie is a calorie. That assumption more or less implies that our current nutritional unit of energy is fully expressive. It isn't. The adverse health repercussions of an individual consuming an identical daily caloric value could have a vastly varying effect dependent mostly on its daily macronutrient breakdown.

Hopefully that makes sense
I remember listening to a dietitian a couple days ago explain that we've only really scratched the surface of nutrition.

And ya it makes sense. Although it's something I haven't really explored much of tbh. :32 (18):

I’m too stupid to understand what you’re saying most of the time.
I think he called you a homunculus, S30.

New Threads