Training Partners

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
since moving from new orleans I don't have a training partner. When I was there I had a real good one. We pushed each other and it kicked ass. Here I have not been able to find one that is dependable to show up and get it done. Im on my own now but its working so hell with it. Id like to lift with SNAKE and DF if I had the chance.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
since moving from new orleans I don't have a training partner. When I was there I had a real good one. We pushed each other and it kicked ass. Here I have not been able to find one that is dependable to show up and get it done. Im on my own now but its working so hell with it. Id like to lift with SNAKE and DF if I had the chance.

Deal if we can do Bourbon Street again. This time the wives can stay home?

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Kinda sad that nobody would want to train with me :( LOL

I was supposed to be coming to Tennessee and was gonna jump over the line and try to get a workout in with you but I injured my left bicep... I still wanna came once im back on track brother!

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
You mean 500 lb barbell rows can hurt you?...... :)
I only row 405 lol but my injury was weird. end of the workout, last set of barbell curls with 135 and pop... wasn't a full tear, just partial. weeks in a damn sling, no lifting. I just got the green light to add a bit of weight in my rehab today

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple training partners over years. When I was in NY me and a childhood friend trained together for a few years. Since then Its mostly been me. Had dozens and dozens of training sessions with different people from time to time. both men and female. My most recent training partner was female whom I helped get ready for her 1st show in which she took 1st place in both categories she sighed up for. I've always enjoyed training with some one else. it does take things up a couple notches. I'm good solo as well.

Reaction score
I only row 405 lol but my injury was weird. end of the workout, last set of barbell curls with 135 and pop... wasn't a full tear, just partial. weeks in a damn sling, no lifting. I just got the green light to add a bit of weight in my rehab today
“Only 405”

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I trained with a partner the first two years of seriously training back in 1983-84. Since then I had a couple guys that could only hang a couple months. Almost all of 36 years has been just me. Mrs. BRICKS and I train at the same time but she does her thing and I do mine.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I trained with a partner the first two years of seriously training back in 1983-84. Since then I had a couple guys that could only hang a couple months. Almost all of 36 years has been just me. Mrs. BRICKS and I train at the same time but she does her thing and I do mine.

You and Mrs. BRICKS have an awesome life!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep kicking ass!!!!:D

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Dorian Yates trained solo. Just sayin'.

I train solo BUT, I would train with just about anyone here.

Jin and Bigdog would be fun, for the first time in my life i'd be the little guy in the group.

Bro Bundy, just to see him go 'roadhouse' on a gym douche.
I think Jenner would be the best motivator.

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dorian Yates trained solo. Just sayin'.

I train solo BUT, I would train with just about anyone here.

Jin and Bigdog would be fun, for the first time in my life i'd be the little guy in the group.

Bro Bundy, just to see him go 'roadhouse' on a gym douche.
I think Jenner would be the best motivator.

Are you sure Yates trained alone?

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
There are a handful or so guys on here that I have actually become pretty good friends with and would love to train with any of them. And then afterwards, grill steaks and sip bourbon and smoke cigars with. Yup.

That being said, I would LOVE the opportunity to train with Pillar or Jol because of how much I could learn. That would be invaluable IMO.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I lift at home. My training partners are my dogs. They know when to sit back and monitor proceedings. They know when a set sucked. They know when a set was awesome. They know when that rest period is a bit longer than it needs to be. They know when I ****ed up and need some love to get going again. They do not give a **** about what everyone else is doing around the house when it's time to lift. They do not expect me to engage in conversation with them. This makes them infinitely superior to humans.

When I have to train in a public gym, I prefer going solo (mean mug, hoody up, etc describes me well) but don't mind working with my elite girls. They can adapt to my no-nonsense approach a lot better than guys IME. In fact, I haven't trained with a dude for about 3-4 years if we're not counting coaching sessions. So...that leaves me with Jenner or German to train with on UG. If they're cool with the brooding, anti-social type, then we'd probably get on well crushing sets. If not, then I would suck as a training partner for either of them :)

Last edited:

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I lift at home. My training partners are my dogs. They know when to sit back and monitor proceedings. They know when a set sucked. They know when a set was awesome. They know when that rest period is a bit longer than it needs to be. They know when I ****ed up and need some love to get going again. They do not give a **** about what everyone else is doing around the house when it's time to lift. They do not expect me to engage in conversation with them. This makes them infinitely superior to humans.

When I have to train in a public gym, I prefer going solo (mean mug, hoody up, etc describes me well) but don't mind working with my elite girls. They can adapt to my no-nonsense approach a lot better than guys IME. In fact, I haven't trained with a dude for about 3-4 years if we're not counting coaching sessions.

Well....if I could afford your ass...and you let me stay in your house (so we could party after)....I'm game if you'd have me!:eek:

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I have never been a training partner kind of guy. My training style doesn't fit most people's scheduled training routine. I train what I feel needs training on the day that I go to the gym. I have no set schedule of what day I train what. If i need a spot, I grab someone. If I don't, I rarely even speak to anyone there.

I don't completely agree that training partners are the best way to get maximum results. I watch bromances training together all of the time, following the leaders program on exercises, sets and reps all the while, one person gets maximum benefit while the other trails along. Everyone is different and needs different routines to get maximum benefits and unless you find the perfect partner, you are limiting your potential. I won't discount having the right partner as being a benefit but the right partner is rare.

As far as to who I would train with here, It would be a toss up between BRICKS and POB so I could use those badass home gyms. Not to mention they both seem like they could teach this old dog a few tricks.

Now if we were talking just pure hanging out, the list is endless...

New Threads