Training Partners

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had a killer training partner when I lived back in Phoenix 3 years ago for nearly 2 years .... its was awesome because some mornings I just did not feel like getting up (we were working out at 6:30am) .. but I always forced myself to get up ... I wasn't about to let him down ... it was a pride thing ... same for him .... we were at similar levels ... that was the strongest I ever was ... I miss it!

We actually met at the gym ... we saw each other around the same time for 6 months ... and agreed to partner up ... I had had a trainer for 2 years before that ... training partner was way better (for me)!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The best training partner I have ever had have been family (literally). It was my older brother when I was in high school. I looked up to him, wanted to be him, and I had a lot I wanted to prove to him. We were both in the newbie/ teenage whirlwind results phase and it was an amazing partnership as we watched each other improve. If it hadn’t been for him I never would have set foot on a stage and although i no longer have competitive ambitions he pushed me to experience something that many haven’t.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had a group of juice heads I trained with.

I'd enjoy lifting heavy shit with SF or FD. Loosie too.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I have a couple guys who jump in with me somewhat regular and it's great but not all the time. I need spotters for some of my lifts and it helps to have guys for most to pull pins for me or drop plates but I like to be deep in my headphones mostly. I talk to lots of people between exercises and after Im done but when you only do one work set, I gotta get psyched up for each lift.

Id like to train with all the guys and two girls on here for sure. Would have to be two workouts at a minimum. We do your way one day and mine the next. Ive converted a few folks to the H.I.T. religion

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Days I workout with my partner are the best I travel so it’s very limited , my lifting partner is my wife not only do o get to stair at her ass I get to show off and outlift the General pop

I’d love to workout out with pretty much anyone on here

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
If you’re a serious lifter, a good training partner is hard to come across. Been training solo for years and prefer it that way. Every now and then I’ll work out with the owner of the gym I train at and we do strong man. He pushes me out of my comfort zone and strong man is fun as hell. Definitely looking to get more work outs in with him.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
I’ll fight any powerlifter that claims they could do it better alone.
If I didn’t have my crew with me at my last meet, I would’ve easily totaled 100# less.

There’s and easy top choice for me when it comes to training with a UG member...

ROLL TIDE!!!

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Seek and bricks are the guys id wanna train with on an everyday basis. Tool so i could see some badass powerlifting in progress. German and hwc cause they are cool as **** and wed prolly be lifting the same and not have to switch out weights as much.
Oh and zilla for a personal trainer because i think he could get me to my best me.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Training partner? Shit, I can’t even get a good spot.

Someday I am planning on a pilgrimage to North Idaho.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Packing up the chopsticks and heading to Idaho?

Training partner? Shit, I can’t even get a good spot.

Someday I am planning on a pilgrimage to North Idaho.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
don't think I would I don't need or want someone to motivate me and I have been training too long to hear about my squat form.

look up form & focus in the dictionary & youll see a picture of snake squating 5 plates

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Wife and I have been training together for 20+ years. Otherwise my Power Rack is a great partner when she's not around, spotting pins fit me perfect where I can fail on bench, squats (obviously), etc. IF at the gym by myself if she is sick or something, morning crew guys are there if I need a spot...

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Kinda sad that nobody would want to train with me :( LOL

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You know why right?

you make us look like shit.

when I was 18ish and really starting to get into lifting, I found the biggest and baddest looking dudes in the gym and asked them if I could train with them. After laughing in my face they agreed. Best move I ever made. Better to chase someone in the gym then be the big fish imo.

Reaction score
when I was 18ish and really starting to get into lifting, I found the biggest and baddest looking dudes in the gym and asked them if I could train with them. After laughing in my face they agreed. Best move I ever made. Better to chase someone in the gym then be the big fish imo.
It was a joke. Kinda. He does make me look like shit.

I trained for about 6 months in a total meathead gym. Everyone was huge, far bigger and stronger than I. It was absolutely amazing. I’ve never been so motivated and pushed in my life and I didn’t even need to talk to them. Just being in the environment. My current gym couldn’t be less motivating.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
While I was competing, I always trained alone. Loved it. Head phones on and as determined as fuk. No one ever even spoke to me. Its hard to find a workout partner with the same intensity. Right now I work out with one of the guys that works for me. He is getting better, but its usually a one way street. He is scared to push me, because he knows he will have to work harder. lol And I am showing him the ropes so its all good.

For you guys out here, I would have a long list. Of course, Snake, Bricks, (old fuks like me) Like to smash the intensity with Hurt and Jin. Trump, 30, Silver, Jenn, German..... Could go on, but you guys/gals would be fun to work out with. Ohhh, can forget FD and his biker shorts. Have to get him in and out fast so he can get to the Bee's on time.

Honestly all you guys would be fun to work out with.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It was a joke. Kinda. He does make me look like shit.

I trained for about 6 months in a total meathead gym. Everyone was huge, far bigger and stronger than I. It was absolutely amazing. I’ve never been so motivated and pushed in my life and I didn’t even need to talk to them. Just being in the environment. My current gym couldn’t be less motivating.

i know it was a joke....kinda lmao. He makes me look like a bag of smashed assholes too.

New Threads