Crawfish and clean eating?

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
if you don't salt purge them before boiling, they will taste like mud... they are called mudbugs for a reason lol

One time, I was with my father in law and we went crazy at a boil, and I ended up getting the iodine spins after about 4.5 full plates... Not fun. But would I do it again, yup.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love crawfish. Had the best crawfish down in Louisiana. Everyone does catfish frys up here in Iowa since we are on the Mississippi. Have to let the catfish sit in your bath tub to clean them up a little bit. Otherwise taste like mud.

My aunt in KY used to cook some badass catfish...LOVED it!! Miss that shit!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Never had them but cant see the problem with them either, figure its close to eating shrimp???? Maybe

Snake we have got to get you eating some seafood bro, youre missing out

Cslogger515

Reaction score
My aunt in KY used to cook some badass catfish...LOVED it!! Miss that shit!
I have freezers full of catfish.last year I caught a 30lb and 25lb cat off some special stink bait my family makes. We have fish frys every couple weeks it just turns into a big party. Nothing like a Pabst blue ribbon and a fish fry.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have freezers full of catfish.last year I caught a 30lb and 25lb cat off some special stink bait my family makes. We have fish frys every couple weeks it just turns into a big party. Nothing like a Pabst blue ribbon and a fish fry.

Fuuuuck yea...family fish gathering with homemade old school ice cream! Life is goooooooooooooooooooooood:D

Reaction score
A 3-ounce serving of cooked crawfish contains 70 calories and 14 grams of protein along with trace amounts of fat and carbohydrates. It also contains 115 milligrams of cholesterol, which is 40 percent of the recommended daily limit of 300 milligrams for cholesterol for healthy people.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Think I watched a vid what someone posted the other day that said your body naturally produces 1000mg cholesterol. Anything you eat the body just doesn’t bother producing. I have no idea if this is true or not this was just a small part of the vid I watched. Hope someone with some no how can rubbish or confirm this claim

A 3-ounce serving of cooked crawfish contains 70 calories and 14 grams of protein along with trace amounts of fat and carbohydrates. It also contains 115 milligrams of cholesterol, which is 40 percent of the recommended daily limit of 300 milligrams for cholesterol for healthy people.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Think I watched a vid what someone posted the other day that said your body naturally produces 1000mg cholesterol. Anything you eat the body just doesn’t bother producing. I have no idea if this is true or not this was just a small part of the vid I watched. Hope someone with some no how can rubbish or confirm this claim

Dietary cholesterol is of zero importance to the vast majority of humans. And as they are finding out now, serum cholesterol levels may be equally useless as predicters of cardio disease.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Dietary cholesterol is of zero importance to the vast majority of humans. And as they are finding out now, serum cholesterol levels may be equally useless as predicters of cardio disease.

Yup.
Approx 50% of all heart attacks have good lipid numbers.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Also, what causes plaque buildup in our arteries......when we eat processed food and put shit into out bodies there is a natural reaction for the body to fight this off which is an inflammatory response.
This damages the endothelial lining which causes the liver to produce more cholesterol because that is what coats the damaged areas, almost like a bandage. This build up and causes narrowing of the arteries.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score

My doc told me don’t worry about dietary cholesterol just watch saturated and trans fat intake. He told me to keep it under 10g saturated fat per day, a bit hard when you eat 3,000+ calories, I do keep it pretty low most days.