Test/Deca Cycle

Reaction score
Hi, my brother wants to start his first cycle (20y). Here's is what it looks like:

Weeks 1-10
-Test E 500mg a week (2 pins of 250mg) (1 week 250 and the other one 500)
-Deca 400 mg a week (2 pins of 200mg)
-Proviron 25mg a day
-Adex 0.25 mg a week

Weeks 10-12
-Test E 250 mg a week
-Deca 400 mg a week (2 pins of 200mg)
-Proviron 25mg a day
-Adex 0.25 mg a week

(Weeks 9-12 HCG 1000 IU a week, 2 shots of 500iu)

PCT

Days 1-10:
-50 mg of clomid a day
-40 mg of nolvadex a day

Days 11-25:
-50 mg clomid a day
-40 mg nolvadex a day

Days 25-45:
-50 mg clomid a day
-20 nolvadex a day

What would you change? Feel free to say your thoughts about it.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do you have enough test to run 500mg for 16 weeks? Also, when do you plan on starting your PCT?

I dont PCT so I would rely on others to give you feedback, but I believe most either run HCG throughout or blasting it for a couple weeks post cycle while the test ester clears and prior to starting Clomid/Nolva.

I agree to drop the deca. 16 weeks test would be a great cycle.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Since when do we support 20 year olds to run a cycle? Tell your brother to lift steady for a few more years and if he's still interested then he can look into running some test. In the meantime, read, research, and learn.

Reaction score
Forgot to mention. PCT will start 14 days after last pin.
Do you have enough test to run 500mg for 16 weeks? Also, when do you plan on starting your PCT?

I dont PCT so I would rely on others to give you feedback, but I believe most either run HCG throughout or blasting it for a couple weeks post cycle while the test ester clears and prior to starting Clomid/Nolva.

I agree to drop the deca. 16 weeks test would be a great cycle.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A couple of non sugar-coated comments.

Your brother is too young to be doing this at 20. It won't kill him but probability of negatively affecting himself for life by doing this is higher than I would be comfortable with.

12 weeks of deca is a waste of gear. I would challenge you to read and learn more about ester lengths and how to best leverage them to your benefit.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Since when do we support 20 year olds to run a cycle? Tell your brother to lift steady for a few more years and if he's still interested then he can look into running some test. In the meantime, read, research, and learn.

I see no issue with cycling at 20. Athletes and competitors all start at some point and it's a lot more common than most on this board want to believe. I'd rather give actual feedback on a cycle and try to assist than constantly tell people they're too young, etc. It's their decision to make and they asked for feedback and opinions on a cycle, so I'm giving it.

Now, if he asked "should my brother run a cycle" my response would likely be a resounding no without more details.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A couple of non sugar-coated comments.

Your brother is too young to be doing this at 20. It won't kill him but probability of negatively affecting himself for life by doing this is higher than I would be comfortable with.

12 weeks of deca is a waste of gear. I would challenge you to read and learn more about ester lengths and how to best leverage them to your benefit.

Why is his brother too young? Do you know what his history is? I dont. Maybe he's an athlete. Maybe he's a competitor.

I agree with you kn the deca for sure.

Reaction score
He's been lifting for almost 5 years with impressive results and he just wants more.
Why is his brother too young? Do you know what his history is? I dont. Maybe he's an athlete. Maybe he's a competitor.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

99% of the time the age is more a question of maturity and willingness to take all precautions necessary to include educating themselves on the risks of what they are about to do as well as known side effects, remedies, etc.

The fact that he hasn't bothered to open his own account and learn for himself by relying on his brother does not bode well and supports the aforementioned immature mentality.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I see no issue with cycling at 20. Athletes and competitors all start at some point and it's a lot more common than most on this board want to believe. I'd rather give actual feedback on a cycle and try to assist than constantly tell people they're too young, etc. It's their decision to make and they asked for feedback and opinions on a cycle, so I'm giving it.

Now, if he asked "should my brother run a cycle" my response would likely be a resounding no without more details.

Well you pretty much advised him whst to do without details. I know very well about running AAS in the teens. If this the direction this board is going I'm in the wrong place.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well you pretty much advised him whst to do without details. I know very well about running AAS in the teens. If this the direction this board is going I'm in the wrong place.

What direction? Answering a members question?

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
That adex is low for the amount of test he is pumping in if he responds like I do. At 400/400 test and deca per week, I eat .5 mg of adex on M-W-F and that tends to keep me around 60 to 80 on the estradiol sensitive test. I just hope he knows how to watch out for the signs of both high and low estradiol. A crash truly sucks, and as a result, I'd rather run a little high than an estradiol sensitive lab of 6.8 (yep, been there, done that too).

I'd probably recommend not doing deca at that age though. Deca is a long ass ester that can shut down one's testosterone production for up to a year, or permanently in some cases. Also, deca dick is no joke either, even with full disclosure to your girlfriends about your erectile dysfunction... That caused me to go through a period of deep depression 21 to 22 years ago. Even with full disclosure, I had a couple of girlfriends that the erectile dysfunction caused problems with because they thought that it was the other women that I was with that caused the problem, and I should have been able to get it up for them.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
As HWC pointed out, I’m always uncomfortable when somebody asks questions “for a friend”. The friend should sign up and ask themselves.

I don't feel comfortable encouraging 20 years olds to cycle by answering “their” questions without a full vetting. Even then I only like giving advice when they are dead set on competing. I will also give advice when it’s clear they are going to do it no matter what we advise.

I would never advise a deca cycle for a first cycle. Or for somebody that young. I’ve even advised some elites who aren’t ready to go on trt to avoid 19 nors. It’s not about length of the cycle it’s about the higher chance of permanent shutdown/effect on the HPTA.

I respect everyone who has responded but I have to agree with Seeker that I’m uncomfortable with the way this thread was handled from the start.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Anyone know if we have a good thread on why early cycling is bad? HPTA shutdown etc.

Ithink both Seek and Spongy have good points. As someone who has trouble talking myself out of things I’ve decided to do, someone that young will most likely do it anyway.

It would be nice to point them down the safest path in the event they do.

Obviously, not cycling is best and I think a solid read through the WHYs might deter someone more then us saying “don’t”.

Reaction score
I can’t see any reason to be cycling at 20 years old unless there’s real money involved. Like you’re genetically gifted and on your way to being a Mr Olympia competitor. Or you’re an elite athlete. If there’s no money in it, stay natural as long as you can.

My opinion.

Reactions: Jin

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Would seem as though if the brother (who can't speak for himself..?) were a top level competitor or that was his lifestyle of choice that would have been mentioned by now.

Casually mentioning your 20 year old brother wants to take gear means exactly what it sounds like 99% of the time. Normal 20 year old mentality and wants to 'blow up on roids'.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Anyone know if we have a good thread on why early cycling is bad? HPTA shutdown etc.

Ithink both Seek and Spongy have good points. As someone who has trouble talking myself out of things I’ve decided to do, someone that young will most likely do it anyway.

It would be nice to point them down the safest path in the event they do.

Obviously, not cycling is best and I think a solid read through the WHYs might deter someone more then us saying “don’t”.

I like this idea of a thread/stickie about the risks of taking AAS too young, but the problem is, these kids won't read it anyways... I'd be willing to bet that even if we posted a link like that in a kid's "I want to juice and get shredded" thread, they wouldn't even read it. You know? Not saying having a stickie like that would be a bad idea, I support it, just saying that people who are not ready, like you said, are gonna do it anyways, no matter what we tell them. Sadly.

I also wish there was a thread discussing competitive athletes and drug use/testing. Kids are jumping on tren and deca and if they are planning on competing, those ethers can be detected for sometimes 2+ years later. Not something you want to mess with if you actually want to try to make a career of your sport.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Won't argue the age thing but I would only run test for the first few cycles to see how things go....

New Threads