QUestion about half lives of steroids and blood work.

Reaction score
Omfg......................English class!!!!!

and welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. Long story with the English involving concussions, but I actually did take and pass it in college. I was a history/political science double major. You can probably tell i had my papers poof read and spend more time like hours than I did on the post. My apologies.

Whilst I was attempting to read your intro, I got bored/annoyed.
Welcome btw... I agree with Jin about upping your first blast to 500 mg test. Have you looked into diet at all?

Btfw, in your opening sentences, you say you have only been on TRT for "a couple" (count them, 2) months and you have decided to start your first blast... Wtf? I would like to know your history? Did you intentionally crash your test levels just to get on Dr. prescribed TRT so you could blast...? Sure sounds like it... If you were truly hypogonadal before, why not just ride out the vast benefits/advantages of now being on TRT?

Thanks. You did read it despite the boredom though and I appreciate that. I am aware of diet and workout plans. While not perfect they are pretty solid. Yes I started TRT 2 or 3 months ago ( like 9 shots so far or 90 days). I was eligible for TRT since like 2007, but we were considering having a family and my urologist did not want me on test. I am 43, she is 45 so we are getting up there. We also had a few rounds of fertility treatment so with no baby one sadly one miscarriage we decided to go with the test. It seems i missed out on lots of time gaining muscle, so whilst i don't want to be wreckless I have no doubt I am taking more thought and precautions using gear. Also all my source had was Sustonan, EQ and Dianabol so I would not get the chance to to get cypionate. I was planning to start the cycle this week or next week and my bloods for my doctor would be draw approx August 3-6. It sounds like the consensus is that I should just use test and not any EQ for a first cycle. I am curious of why? Would it hurt anything?

SO here are the two ways I thought of running the first blast cycle. Dr has me on 200mg of test c every 10 days now. I figure I could keep that and simple take 300mg shot of sustonan every 10 days as well, but make it so the shots are 5 days apart.

Day 1 My next scheduled shot of test c
day 5 My shot of Sustonan
Day 10 Next scheduled shot of Test C
Day 15 Shot of Sustonan
And so forth until completion.

My question is when do I need to take that last shot of sustonan before I have my bloodwork drawn. My doctor is aware I will blast and cruise. He has a couple bodybuilders as patients. He just wants me around the rate I am with the Test C when bloods are ran. This is the first cycle I ran and my low t is natural not due to substance abuse. I did not think it was a very hard question, but maybe it is or is too hypothetical. It seems from things i have looked at that it will be between 4-5 weeks from my last shot until bloods are ran.

Agree with the gentleman on a point I totally neglected: get your trt dialed in first.

Sust is a blend of esters. Not sure where you’d get a single half life from?? Averaging the four doesn’t work.

How long does it take to get it dialed in? In my above post I note I have been sort of on replacement for some time. Previously it was clomid 3x per week 50mg before going on test for SEVERAL years.

I am sure we were all new at one time. I really dont mean to bring the claws out from other members. Just a newbie with a question. If i am not asking it clear enough my apologies.

Also, I have ran ECA several times in my 20s and 1 time since really getting back into things. It has been about 12 weeks since my last one, so i was planning on running one while doing this.

Just to clarify I do not have access to anything but sustonan except my normal TRT dose.

Last edited:

Mayday

Reaction score
You want a hug?

My annoyance with my wife doesn’t substantiate my opinion of her. Nor does my annoyance with you.

Please elaborate on how highly I think of myself.

Hey, then it all worked out for the best.

Not that'll mean much in the end, ju know? Hey

I'm standing in front of a small circular charcoal grill donning dirty sweatpants, a wife-beater, and a gold chain.

My phuckin balls are sagging!

They scream, jin! Jinny! Jin and f*ckin' juice.

I say's no.

I'll spare 'em the humiliation!!!

HEY

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
You can always get your own bloodwork done before you see your Dr to see if you're back in range or not.

Only definite I am comfortable saying is the longer the time between you stop the blast of "sustanon" and your Dr's blood test, the better.

Reaction score
You can always get your own bloodwork done before you see your Dr to see if you're back in range or not.

Only definite I am comfortable saying is the longer the time between you stop the blast of "sustanon" and your Dr's blood test, the better.

Thanks. I plan on doing that. Also plan on trying to locate propinate or cypionate. It occured to me i could use sustanon for the first 8 weeks and last 2 weeks use a shorter ester. As it looks now i will be back on a trt dose or off cycle for 30 days before i have bloods ran.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If you can get prop or cyp, I'd say to just stick with those. No need to complicate it with the sustanon/blend.

Reaction score
If you can get prop or cyp, I'd say to just stick with those. No need to complicate it with the sustanon/blend.
problem is that i cant get them for a couple weeks and plan on starting this next week to make it a 10 week cycle. That is kind of the delema. I also thought about maybe waiting till the after august then after the bloods are done go on a 16 week test only blast and then i would be on my crusise period anyway when the next bloods are in and then do a real cycle. Thing is i am 43 and only plan on using extra gear till maybe 55. There is no major reason for that. Just figure less health issues. If i compete it gives me some years to do it and so forth. Thanks for the reply.

Is Deca or eq as complicated if i use them in a blast eventually? Like how long after a shot of each should things go back to normal?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Please educate yourself on half lives and esters. Deca and Eq have some of the longest.

Stick with test. Skip the sustanon. Get prop and run it 6-8 weeks.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
This is your first blast. No one is going to recommend you add anything else than just blasting regular test. Most of the guys here run test cyp, not many use sust. So many will probably not have the first-hand experience to give you proper advice. A lot of guys here are on TRT like you and we do our blasts once or twice a year, but we use test cyp or test e, or test p because it is easier/quicker to get our levels back to normal for our blood work when the blast is over.

Also, most guys have no problems blasting with deca or Eq added ontop of test, but because of the esther lengths, the blasts would have to be longer (like 15-20 weeks) to get the best results (this is also why guys don't want you running sust). Plus (and the main point here), you don't have a solid foundation/understanding of knowing how your body responds to test alone. You need to understand that (through personal experience/blood work) before you go adding other compounds. You said you want to be safe and do this the best way possible, we are trying to help you. Make sense?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Sustanon is stupid. That is all

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
Test cyp is more than enough. Sust isnt worth the hassle.

You could try omnadren..

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Test cyp is more than enough. Sust isnt worth the hassle.

You could try omnadren..

Why one blend of 4 esters and not another?

had to look up Omnadren and I think I understand your logic but please share your thought process so we can all learn.

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
Why one blend of 4 esters and not another?

had to look up Omnadren and I think I understand your logic but please share your thought process so we can all learn.

Yeah sorry.. I was being ironic.. nobody ever gets my sense of humor

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
Back in the day the 2 were sort of interchangeable. So for me it was a sarcastic play on what some might not remember.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Yeah sorry.. I was being ironic.. nobody ever gets my sense of humor

That was definitely my first thought. But I was unfimilar with the aforementioned blend and looked it up. Seems all 4 esters are 5 day half life’s or less so it threw me off a bit.

I do appreciate the humor though. Sorry I ruined it. It was funny.

New Threads