Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colon Screening

Elite
    Thanks
    Because colon cancer runs in family, it was good to get a clean bill of health w/ recent colonoscopy.
    (Younger brother died 2 years ago from it at age 47).
    Also did a blood test for something called "Lynch Syndrome" (basically a genetic thing where one is predisposed) if I tested positive then my kids would need to be tested, etc.
    I tested negative there as well, but ya, get tested, it could save your ass one day (literally).
    ------------------------
    PERMA-BANNED

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rot-Iron66 For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (03-28-2019),snake (03-28-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,196 Times in 3,332 Posts
    I've known two people that have passed away from colon cancer. The benefits of getting the "real deal" test far outweigh the pain in the ass prepping for the test.
    Sometimes in life you have to stop and think, Is it worth the jail time?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stonetag For This Useful Post:

snake (03-28-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,227 Times in 1,030 Posts
    I had one at age 40. I will get another one soon as I just turned 45. Family history had colon cancer among a few other types so I take it seriously.
    Poptarts are muscle food!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigdog For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (03-28-2019),snake (03-28-2019)

Thanks
    Actually - I had my first one at 30 because I was having digestive issues. They actually found “spirochetes” — little nuisance bacteria that I must have picked up when worked in Croatia. The GI team that found them though was super dramatic - made me go to an infectious disease doc because they also show up if you have a compromised immune system (which I didn’t, just having worked in a less developed country).

bottom line is - super important to be checked for colon cancer, but there’s other things they look for too.

and lesson I learned - HAVE BABY WIPES ON HAND. Felt like I was shitting glass by the time I was done with the prep.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,829 Times in 5,336 Posts
    Originally Posted by Voyagersixone View Post
    Actually - I had my first one at 30 because I was having digestive issues. They actually found “spirochetes” — little nuisance bacteria that I must have picked up when worked in Croatia. The GI team that found them though was super dramatic - made me go to an infectious disease doc because they also show up if you have a compromised immune system (which I didn’t, just having worked in a less developed country).

bottom line is - super important to be checked for colon cancer, but there’s other things they look for too.

and lesson I learned - HAVE BABY WIPES ON HAND. Felt like I was shitting glass by the time I was done with the prep.
    Good info! Anther reason to get it done, who knows what they could find.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

Voyagersixone (02-02-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Had a colonoscopy last year at 49. Have colon cancer in my immediate family, so I am not ****ing around with it. They found some precancerous stuff and removed. Get checked!!! All joking aside.
    Best raw lifts on the platform
    Squat-600 Bench-512 Deadlift-683

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12