Colon Screening

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Because colon cancer runs in family, it was good to get a clean bill of health w/ recent colonoscopy.
(Younger brother died 2 years ago from it at age 47).
Also did a blood test for something called "Lynch Syndrome" (basically a genetic thing where one is predisposed) if I tested positive then my kids would need to be tested, etc.
I tested negative there as well, but ya, get tested, it could save your ass one day (literally).

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I've known two people that have passed away from colon cancer. The benefits of getting the "real deal" test far outweigh the pain in the ass prepping for the test.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I had one at age 40. I will get another one soon as I just turned 45. Family history had colon cancer among a few other types so I take it seriously.

Voyagersixone

Reaction score
Actually - I had my first one at 30 because I was having digestive issues. They actually found “spirochetes” — little nuisance bacteria that I must have picked up when worked in Croatia. The GI team that found them though was super dramatic - made me go to an infectious disease doc because they also show up if you have a compromised immune system (which I didn’t, just having worked in a less developed country).

bottom line is - super important to be checked for colon cancer, but there’s other things they look for too.

and lesson I learned - HAVE BABY WIPES ON HAND. Felt like I was shitting glass by the time I was done with the prep.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Actually - I had my first one at 30 because I was having digestive issues. They actually found “spirochetes” — little nuisance bacteria that I must have picked up when worked in Croatia. The GI team that found them though was super dramatic - made me go to an infectious disease doc because they also show up if you have a compromised immune system (which I didn’t, just having worked in a less developed country).

bottom line is - super important to be checked for colon cancer, but there’s other things they look for too.

and lesson I learned - HAVE BABY WIPES ON HAND. Felt like I was shitting glass by the time I was done with the prep.
Good info! Anther reason to get it done, who knows what they could find.

tinymk

Elite
Reaction score
Had a colonoscopy last year at 49. Have colon cancer in my immediate family, so I am not ****ing around with it. They found some precancerous stuff and removed. Get checked!!! All joking aside.

New Threads