Hammer strength high row machine

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
What is the boards opinion on the hammer strength high row machine? curious what y’all think about it

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
If it's the one that I'm thinking of, love it. Supinated grip, iso-lateral, starts just above head level out in front of you, and finishes down near your hip, on a curved path?

Get the most feeling in my lats using this machine than anything else.

But...I have to use it in the higher rep range. If I select too heavy a weight, it shifts from my lats to my arms and I lose that awesome lat squeeze.

Last edited:

Lizard King

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Always liked it along with the low row machine. Would max out the low row with plates but I didn't like going super heavy on the high row, too much weight and it feels like you are jerking it and don't get the full range of motion.

Yes FD, I said Jerking It.....

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My gym has a high row cable machine which over some time I've come to like more than the Hammer Strength machine, but these are good nonetheless.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
My gym has a high row cable machine which over some time I've come to like more than the Hammer Strength machine, but these are good nonetheless.

Free motion cable machines are great. So many guys sleep on them thinking they’re just for chics.

Reactions: CJ

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Whenever someone asks me what I think about an exercise I ask them where they feel it. If you do the high row and feel it in your upper back, it's great. If do it and feel it in your biceps, it sucks.

It's not the exercises you do. It's how you do the exercises.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Free motion cable machines are great. So many guys sleep on them thinking they’re just for chics.
Have to agree, ours goes up to 100lb per arm, you can get a pretty good pump off of that when squeezing at the right point.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Mine has a life fitness highrow, works well, i use it each back or pull day.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Mine has a life fitness highrow, works well, i use it each back or pull day.

Life fitness bought hammerstrength. It’s a lower quality version of the same thing.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Life fitness bought hammerstrength. It’s a lower quality version of the same thing.

Oh didn’t know that, my gym has plate loaded machines from both, I like the pressing better with the hammer but they have more back and row movements in life fitness, I use both

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Very few machines I care for. High weights + confined range of motion just causes me injuries. Barbells, dumbells, and free cables are most all Ill ever use

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Very few machines I care for. High weights + confined range of motion just causes me injuries. Barbells, dumbells, and free cables are most all Ill ever use

Barbells, dumbbells and cables are what Arnold used most to train with, it worked for him!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Barbells, dumbbells and cables are what Arnold used most to train with, it worked for him!

True and that is the majority of what i use too, but why not take advantage of the tools that are there to hit things even more

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
True and that is the majority of what i use too, but why not take advantage of the tools that are there to hit things even more

Yeah, the machines are great add-ons for the finishing touches and the standing and donkey calf raises are the primary mass builders for the calves.

New Threads